Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 6th June 2013, 02:06 AM   #21
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future
Default Re: PagePlus X8 Wishlist

TM,

Yes, you did. But is showing how to do it in Adobe the point of a wish list for PagePlus? The point is to have the flag included inside of PagePlus. The person posting this request would like it set to cover page, spreads upon his reader's opening the PDF, not instruct his readers how to set up Adobe Reader to view the PDF as he wants.

And if you had read one of the linked threads above, you would have seen a link to:
http://www.becyhome.de/

With which one can set the desired flag so his readers see the PDFs as he wants upon opening the PDFs. But that is also a work-around and so the request to Serif to enable this flag.

Mike
Old 6th June 2013, 07:29 AM   #22
TestManager

TestManager is on a distinguished road

Old 6th June 2013, 07:53 AM   #23
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestManager View Post
No need for rudeness.

Old 7th June 2013, 03:19 PM   #24
afish
Serif Europe Limited

afish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Andrew--Serif's own compiler into ePub, Mobi, etc.Mike
Reading around, it looks as though Amazon has changed the mobi format somewhat since it took it over (and there's evidence it may not continue to support it in its present form either). Callibre, the only program I've come across to natively support the format, does so by a process of reverse engineering.

There are two problems with this: (1) reverse engineering is technically illegal in the US under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and (2) there's nothing to stop Amazon outside the US blocking documents generated in this way.

It's not clear why Amazon haven't exercised their rights under the DMCA, but they have recently announced they will be rejecting all documents generated by Callibre. This soft-touch might be because Callibre is free and unlikely to provide significant legal recompense, but it does mean if people want to roll books for distribution through Amazon they're rather stuck with Kindlegen.
Old 7th June 2013, 03:48 PM   #25
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

Well then, Andrew, it seems that serif needs to do one or two things to resolve this changing frontier. One would be to code a check for the current version installed and if it is one that does not play well with PagePlus, then inform the user and offer to revert to the previous working version. Which in part means y'all need to keep that version on your servers to download. Or, alternatively, update PagePlus to accommodate the changes to kindlegen (or whatever version is now current or is being used by amazon) during a release cycle.

Else PagePlus gets broken for one of its emerging uses until such time as a new release is readied, purchased by the end user, installed and a publication exported to epub. I don't see a happy ending for anyone if the status quo is maintained.

Thank you for the research.

Take care, Mike
Old 7th June 2013, 05:56 PM   #26
jtill

jtill is on a distinguished road

RE: Kindle
One approach from the Atlantis Word Processor:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...2013_05_29.htm
Old 10th June 2013, 11:03 AM   #27
Arun Sarkar

Arun Sarkar has a spectacular aura about

1. Option of PDF placement as an image
2. Text flow problem with replicate issue (I want to copy and paste a single text frame, but every time I get full text)
3. Indic Language unicode open type support (Page Plus support open type Bangla & Devnagari font almost perfectly except 2 to 3 conjuncts)
Old 11th June 2013, 01:52 PM   #28
Adam
Serif Europe Limited

Adam is a glorious beacon of lightAdam is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Else PagePlus gets broken for one of its emerging uses until such time as a new release is readied, purchased by the end user, installed and a publication exported to epub. I don't see a happy ending for anyone if the status quo is maintained.
Mike,

We have agreed (internally) we will sort it for a PagePlus X6 patch.

Cheers, Adam
Old 12th June 2013, 02:43 PM   #29
MikeW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Mike,

We have agreed (internally) we will sort it for a PagePlus X6 patch.

Cheers, Adam
That's great news, Adam.

Thank you, Mike
Old 14th June 2013, 09:37 AM   #30
Hans Nieuwenhuis

Hans Nieuwenhuis has a spectacular aura about

I would like the 'title' field of the File --> Properties dialog to be editable.

I think the 'title' of a document should be able to be different from the 'filename' of that document.
Old 14th June 2013, 10:57 AM   #31
Hans Nieuwenhuis

I would like that when I open a PPP document in directory X, and I want to export it to PDF, that the default suggested directory is the same directory X.

Now the suggested directory is the last used 'export to PDF' directory (if I'm not mistaken), and I have to browse to the correct directory too often.

Normally I save the PDF file in the same directory as the PPP file, not in the directory of the previously saved PPP/PDF file combination.

This change would save me a lot of time and frustration.
Old 16th June 2013, 11:34 AM   #32
SevieG

SevieG is on a distinguished road

Hello

It would be good if in the Calendar Event Manager you were able to enter a name and year of birth. (under correct date) Then each year when you update a calendar a persons birthday would appear with correct age against it.
Old 16th June 2013, 09:54 PM   #33
John

John is on a distinguished road

PDF forms.
The ability for the text box to expand as text is entered in the published form.
Old 17th June 2013, 05:15 AM   #34
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Nieuwenhuis View Post
I would like the 'title' field of the File --> Properties dialog to be editable.

I think the 'title' of a document should be able to be different from the 'filename' of that document.

There would be no harm in making it editable, but as it's not used, I see no point.

Old 17th June 2013, 05:17 AM   #35
Ali
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Nieuwenhuis View Post
I would like that when I open a PPP document in directory X, and I want to export it to PDF, that the default suggested directory is the same directory X.

Now the suggested directory is the last used 'export to PDF' directory (if I'm not mistaken), and I have to browse to the correct directory too often.

Normally I save the PDF file in the same directory as the PPP file, not in the directory of the previously saved PPP/PDF file combination.

This change would save me a lot of time and frustration.
Yes, but it would add a lot of time and frustration for users who like to keep PDF files in a separate directory. Perhaps it would be better to ask for a way of setting your preferred Save As behaviour?

Old 3rd August 2013, 05:01 PM   #36
jperonto

jperonto is on a distinguished road

Incorporate printer control so that when I select an envelope template I do not have to manually tell my printer to use envelope paper type. This information should be incorporated into the document and printer control language. I know this is possible because Microsoft Publisher does not require manual intervention regarding printer settings. Thanks for the consideration.
Old 4th August 2013, 05:46 AM   #37
Hans Nieuwenhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Yes, but it would add a lot of time and frustration for users who like to keep PDF files in a separate directory. Perhaps it would be better to ask for a way of setting your preferred Save As behaviour?
'Save as' counts for the .PPP file, not for an exported file.

Then maybe there should be an option to set the default directory for exported files. Something like:

* a 'fixed' directory, e.g. 'my documents' (the end user should be able to specify this directory)

* the same directory as the PPP file

* the same directory as where the active PPP file was previously exported to (in PDF format)
Old 8th August 2013, 08:28 PM   #38
KG_iT

KG_iT is on a distinguished road

1. Native SQLITE support for merging (serverless, portable, fast)
2. PDF placing with quality output (or PDF-Import in Photoplus with CMYK output)
Old 12th August 2013, 03:27 PM   #39
Sisco

Sisco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Now that PagePlus X7 has been released, here's a new PagePlus X8 wishlist. If there's anything you would like to see in the next release, please post here.

If there are any suggestions from the previous wishlist which didn't make it into X7, please feel free to repost them here if you'd still like to see them implemented in X8.

Alfred
The top would be to import the U3D format.
Old 15th August 2013, 05:31 PM   #40
KG_iT

KG_iT is on a distinguished road

Does SERIF really read this wishlist?

If yes, wouldn't it be better to create a list (in the opening post perhaps) to make the suggestions easier to read?

So anyone could compare the own wishes with the existing ones...