Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 25th March 2013, 12:00 AM   #1
michiganmarty

michiganmarty is on a distinguished road
Exclamation PasswordPlus X1

I have been using a application to manage my many passwords for some time now and really wish Serif would get into the game here.

These are relatively small programs with super encryption protection.

The one I'm using can be installed on a thumbdrive so you can take it with you, but it's useless if you cannot syncronize with the hard drive files. To top it off, they released their last version without documentation.

There are dozens of these Password programs out there and I know Serif could tear them up. Their documentation and forums are the tops.

ANYONE UP FOR PasswordPlus X1?

I wish I could post a Poll....

MichiganMarty
Old 25th March 2013, 12:14 AM   #2
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: PasswordPlus X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmarty View Post
There are dozens of these Password programs out there and I know Serif could tear them up. Their documentation and forums are the tops.

ANYONE UP FOR PasswordPlus X1?

I wish I could post a Poll....

MichiganMarty
There are no 'X1' Serif software products. PagePlus 11 was followed by PagePlus X2, and other products have followed the PagePlus numbering ever since; e.g. when the successor to WebPlus X2 was due to come out, PagePlus X4 had already been released, so the next version of WP was X4 instead of X3. The current version of PagePlus is X6, so the first version of PasswordPlus would have to be X6 or later.

If you need to be a 'Regular Member' of these forums before you can post a poll, you just need to notch up a couple of dozen more posts! Alternatively, state your preferred poll options and then wait to see whether anyone else is interested in posting a poll for you.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 25th March 2013, 12:28 AM   #3
michiganmarty

Alfred,

Many thanks for the heads up on the order of which versions are which X.

However, I think you may have missed the point. The point wasn't about what version they call it, I'm just looking to see if anyone cares about Serif creating a Password Management program to compete with all the low class stuff out there.

I am confident Serif could compete rather nicely in that arena.

That said, Anyone interested in creating a poll for me?

1) Do you use a password manager?
2) How long have you used a password manager?
3) How many flavors (vendors) of password managers have you used?
4) Are you happy with any of them?
5) Should Serif get into the Password Management game?

Alfred, thanks for the suggestion on the poll!
Old 25th March 2013, 04:02 AM   #4
Archibald
Master

Archibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvana

Quote:
That said, Anyone interested in creating a poll for me?

1) Do you use a password manager?
2) How long have you used a password manager?
3) How many flavors (vendors) of password managers have you used?
4) Are you happy with any of them?
5) Should Serif get into the Password Management game?
A poll allows you to vote for one option, not to write comments about a series of questions.
Old 26th March 2013, 01:03 AM   #5
michiganmarty

Okay then, I will have to work on that!

Thanks!
Old 26th March 2013, 01:15 AM   #6
michiganmarty

Okay I revised it... Anyone interested in creating a poll for me?

Check box if you:
1) Could care less about Password Management Software
2) Feel Serif should offer Password Management software!
Old 26th March 2013, 08:37 AM   #7
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Could care less
Do you perhaps mean "Could not care less"? If I care very much about something, there is ample scope for caring less than I do; i.e. I could care less. If I don't care at all about something, there is no scope for caring less than I already do; i.e. I couldn't care less.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 26th March 2013, 09:30 AM   #8
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

To get back on topic.

I don't think this is an application that Serif would ever produce. As you say, there are already dozens of utilities that do this. There is no scope for developing anything significantly better than products that already exist, and no profit margin on products that only cost $10.
Old 19th June 2013, 01:12 PM   #9
michiganmarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
To get back on topic.

I don't think this is an application that Serif would ever produce. As you say, there are already dozens of utilities that do this. There is no scope for developing anything significantly better than products that already exist, and no profit margin on products that only cost $10.
Bhikkhu,

While there are many freeware programs, and others may cost as little as $10.00, the one I am using cost me $30.00 USD.

Profit margin? I just paid $59.00 for the latest version of PagePlus, and while I haven't written any code for many years now, it surely has a heck of a lot more programming hours in it than a simple password program.

Being a user of most products Serif offers (and very happy with them) it makes me confident Serif could get into the game, be competitive, and still have a decent profit margin.

Just wishin' !!
Old 19th June 2013, 07:36 PM   #10
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Do you perhaps mean "Could not care less"? If I care very much about something, there is ample scope for caring less than I do; i.e. I could care less. If I don't care at all about something, there is no scope for caring less than I already do; i.e. I couldn't care less.

Alfred
An odd Americanism used by many people, not only on this forum, but in the media, and even by Presidents. But then, of course, the latter often say the opposite of what they mean!

Geoff