Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 26th March 2013, 07:09 PM   #41
Katrin

Katrin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

Quotation forms with calculation fields.

Last edited by AlfredP; 26th March 2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Post moved from Wishlist #3
Old 26th March 2013, 08:04 PM   #42
wriser

wriser is on a distinguished road

Love WebPlus X6, it was easy to learn with the knowledge of any basic vector based design software such as illustrator or Corel draw.

#1.) Main thing I would love to see in X7 is the ability to build responsive sites (fluid)

#2.) Something that would really set X7 apart form the pack would be the ability to create c-panels or admin pages where someone can log in and make minor changes to the website without using the software... Ie: text changes, pictures, video, etc...

#3.) I know you can create search tables and mailing lists using the serif resources, but it is not easy... I would love to see these processes simplified.

Last edited by AlfredP; 26th March 2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Post moved from Wishlist #3
Old 27th March 2013, 08:48 PM   #43
pronetweb

pronetweb is on a distinguished road

When your software (pageplus, webplus,...) on spanish language. Or a plugin for change to spanish language. I know the alternatives, x5 and ... but i prefer the last edition of your software. I want to buy some software of serif, but on spanish. I have webplus x5, and pageplus x5 on spanish but i prefer the lastest editions. Trank you.
I need a answer: please contact with me on josemanuel@pronetweb.es

thank you very much
Old 30th March 2013, 04:34 PM   #44
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Quick Resource Path Changer - Find & Replace?

I know this has been asked for in the past, but it's time it was implemented in some way.

WP gives you the option to find linked resources that have been moved or whose path has changed, but if you are dealing with hundreds of images that are organised into different folders on your hard drive, this process becomes pretty onerous. Similarly, going through each individual resource via Resource Manager is time-consuming. There needs to be a way to automatically change or tweak paths to resources at a global level.

For example: yesterday, I opened one of my .wpp files for the first time since upgrading the PC from Vista to Win7. I access the file on the PC via a wireless network, so use full file paths to the resources. This particular file has literally hundreds of linked resources: because the file path to these had changed from
\\ALISON-PC\Alison\Pictures\Web Images\ ... to \\ALISON-PC\Users\Alison\Pictures\Web Images\ ..., I had to go through and change each file path. This took me the best part of three hours - a find and replace option for resource paths could have made this a thirty-second job.

Frequently users find themselves in this situation just because the drive letter has changed or is different on one machine to another - please can the developers find a way to automate this sort of change as an option on file load when resources need relocating?

Old 2nd April 2013, 11:42 AM   #45
DocP

DocP is on a distinguished road
Default WebPlus x6 Gallery Display Order

I have a large number of images in a gallery and to manually re-order would be tedious to say the least.
I want to reverse the play order of the entire gallery so that items added at the bottom play first in the sequence.

If I manually re-order the existing list then each time I add a batch of images I would have to wind them up to the top or move them. Not good.

There doesn't appear to be any practical workround for this.

Clicking on the column order reverses the table order but not the play order.

What is needed is a way to add new items to the top of the list or just play newest first: i.e. play from the bottom up instead of the top down.
Old 2nd April 2013, 03:30 PM   #46
Michael F

Michael F is on a distinguished road

Subject: NavBars useable in mobile operating systems like Apple / Android ..

On my Android 4.0 smart phone it works if you let the finger for around 2 seconds on the menu item, then the pull down appears.

If you let the finger too long on the item, a system menu pops up. This can be closed with "return", the pull down sometimes is still there. If not you can repeat after clicking an accessible button after.

The workaround posted in the forum I'd rather would not like to implement, because I fear instabilities. And I cannot test that on all mobile systems.

My wish would be, that the pull down menu opens with touching once on Android, IOS, Windows mobile ...
Old 2nd April 2013, 03:32 PM   #47
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

.. oops

Last edited by mjh; 2nd April 2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: oops
Old 5th April 2013, 08:34 AM   #48
DaveinSpain
Advanced Member

DaveinSpain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB View Post
Id like the ability to ensure that when you copy a panel to your my designs asset store that the panel will always retain the original name. This is critical if you create a panel (menu) that appears wheever a menu button is clicked and want to be able to repeatedly drag the whole menu in to each new page. Currently, when I drag a pre-created button and menu, all the menus rename and the button actions have to be manually changed, killing any semblence of workflow. A checkbox to switch this behaviour off would be nice.
Why not just put the panel on a separate master page and include it for whatever pages you want?
Old 11th April 2013, 04:39 PM   #49
marciovsky

marciovsky is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone!

I am Brazilian and my English is not good, I'm using Google translator.

Webplus x6 is excellent, but u would make suggestions for the next version:

1. Language "PT or PT-br"
2. Possibility of creating elements highlighted as pop-ups vertical, horizontal or traditional ....
3. possibility to set "automatic" the height of each page ... as in blogs or cms .... where the height depends on the content of each page, if possible ... so quite a few pages with content, would adjust automatically .. . almost nothing and no other, as would be minimal ..
4. Improvements in galleries in Java for use on mobiles ... (more different effects)
5. possible when using video, have a player's own program, and not the browser ... so it is standardized ....

I think that's it, congratulations for the program!

The key, in my view, would be the possibilidad use the program and the modules (blog, commerce, forum, (smart objects) in Portuguese!
Thank you all and look forward to new stuff!
Old 13th April 2013, 09:08 AM   #50
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciovsky View Post
1. Language "PT or PT-br"
Bem-vindo aos fóruns.

Se é isso que você quer dizer - tente Editar> Propriedades> Site Termos de busca e digite na língua exigida. Espero que ajude.
Old 13th April 2013, 11:37 AM   #51
marciovsky

Hi Tom!

Thanks!!!!

But, and the fórum, blogs??? In PT language?

Hugs
Old 15th April 2013, 11:00 AM   #52
topaz

topaz is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's been requested already but I think responsive websites is something that should seriously be considered in x7.

I love webplus but in terms of SEO, as google and bing have both stated that they prefer responsive websites as the mobile platform, I'd love if it was available in x7.

T
Old 15th April 2013, 11:19 AM   #53
Will(UK)

Will(UK) is on a distinguished road

I wonder if WP (and PP) could revert to a previous behaviour when double clicking an image. This used to take you to the folder location of the clicked image - for me this was good, as I would often be replacing the image with one from the same folder.

The current action is to open the folder last used for images. This means to open another image from the same folder browsing is needed - which I find most inconvenient.

If others prefer the present arrangement perhaps it could become an option.

Cheers - Will(UK)
Old 16th April 2013, 10:38 AM   #54
mls4077

mls4077 is on a distinguished road

WepPlus x7 Suggestion:

Attached is a screen shot of one of my favourite colour editors from Corel Draw. I believe WP4 used a similar colour picker.

When you are close to a colour choice you like this editor seems much easier to tweak a shade change then the new colour editor in WP5 \ WP6

Thanks for Reading!
mls4077
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wish List.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	41134  
Old 16th April 2013, 03:52 PM   #55
marciovsky

Hello!

Remembering that there are no problems of "program" be in English .... so desire so that some benefits have language Resources Serif PT, if possible, PT-br .... forms, forums, news, poll, shout box. ...

For today only exist in English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Dutch ...

Having the option Portuguese will be perfect!!!
Old 18th April 2013, 06:33 AM   #56
Penners

Penners is on a distinguished road

For my photographic club website (created in Webplus X6) I have included a forum from Serif Web Resources. But I'm sorry to say that I am very disappointed at Serif's implementation of the phpbb forum.

I belong to other forums that use this same open-source software. On these other forums I can upload photographs to a post and I can receive automatic emails whenever a new post is submitted to a thread. I can't find any way of implementing either of these valuable features on the SWR forum.

For a camera club, the lack of an ability to upload photographs is a particularly irritating failing. I appreciate that you can pull in images from other image-hosting websites, but this is a fiddly business that some less-computer-literate people struggle with.

I do hope Serif will consider rectifying both these disappointing omissions very soon.
Old 18th April 2013, 02:10 PM   #57
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

This may already be requested, but having

Code:
cursor:pointer;
applied to objects where an Action has been set would save time having to add it manually to many objects.

Ta.
Old 18th April 2013, 07:01 PM   #58
MrAnalogy

MrAnalogy is on a distinguished road
Default Format painting/copying for text within a textbox, not just the whole textbox

Format painter will (for me at least) not let me paint just part of a textbox.

So I can't copy the format from some of the text in the textbox to some other text in the textbox.
Old 18th April 2013, 07:27 PM   #59
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Format painting/copying for text within a textbox, not just the whole textbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnalogy View Post
Format painter will (for me at least) not let me paint just part of a textbox.

So I can't copy the format from some of the text in the textbox to some other text in the textbox.
I think the Format Painter is designed to copy the format from one object to another, so perhaps it's not surprising that you can't copy from one component of an object. If you want to copy the format from a piece of text, create a character style from the selected text and then apply that style to the other piece(s) of text.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 19th April 2013, 02:54 PM   #60
mediatel

mediatel has a spectacular aura about

I do a SLADER with scrolling, what i want to achieve is to PAUSE the Slider on mouseover so that people can read and also click on the link, when they remove the mouse it continues as normal.

I would like they add this feature in WP X7
Intel Core i7 980X 3.80GHz - 8G DDR3 PC3 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits- WPX6 (14.0.2.025)