Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 9th March 2013, 03:39 PM   #1
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

Please post your ideas as well as wishes for WebPlus X7 in this thread.

You can read some of the earlier wishes here in the last thread:
http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=124735

Last edited by AlfredP; 10th March 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10th March 2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Tamutka

Tamutka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

It would be nice that we could group the panel and the picture or
to drag and drop the Quick shape with picture?

Last edited by AlfredP; 19th March 2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Post moved to new wishlist
Old 11th March 2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Kerri

Kerri is on a distinguished road

Please can you add a feature that allows us to get the html code of our websites in order to edit them in an html editor, clients keep asking if they can have their websites designed but don't want to be tied to WebPlus. For example they want a website designed then wnat the html pages sent to them so they can make changes in say Dreamweaver etc.
Old 11th March 2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
Please can you add a feature that allows us to get the html code of our websites in order to edit them in an html editor, clients keep asking if they can have their websites designed but don't want to be tied to WebPlus. For example they want a website designed then wnat the html pages sent to them so they can make changes in say Dreamweaver etc.

There is and always has been such a feature: it is called Publish to Disk and is to be found on the File menu.

Old 11th March 2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Kerri

Kerri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post

There is and always has been such a feature: it is called Publish to Disk and is to be found on the File menu.
Ali thanks for the reply. I think that I should just ask questions here in the forum as the support by telephone is to be honest of no use.
I asked this question before I even purchased WebPlus and I was told no you can't do this so they sent me another two copies of WebPlus for free to give out to my customers (Like I have only got 2 customers...not).
Anyways thanks for your help and this is great to know.
Old 11th March 2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
Ali thanks for the reply. I think that I should just ask questions here in the forum as the support by telephone is to be honest of no use.
I asked this question before I even purchased WebPlus and I was told no you can't do this so they sent me another two copies of WebPlus for free to give out to my customers (Like I have only got 2 customers...not).
Anyways thanks for your help and this is great to know.
What you do need to realise, though, is that any changes made in the HTML will not, of course, be reflected in the WP file - is there is a desire to edit later in WP, then you must bear this in mind.

Old 11th March 2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Naz
Expert

Naz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant future

Can i suggest folders to help manager larger sites.

iPlus360.com || Free downloads || Free PHP script generator
If someone's answer helped, please give them a Positive Reputation vote (second icon bottom left of person)
Old 11th March 2013, 07:29 PM   #8
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz View Post
Can i suggest folders to help manager larger sites.
Naz

I can do that now. What I do is just add the folder name to the page file name like this: soaps/lavendar.html.

WebPlus creates the folders for me.
Old 11th March 2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Naz
Expert

Naz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Naz

I can do that now. What I do is just add the folder name to the page file name like this: soaps/lavendar.html.

WebPlus creates the folders for me.

haha

a) I never knew that - handy
b) What i meant was in the Site Panel to have folders so that you can group pages.

iPlus360.com || Free downloads || Free PHP script generator
If someone's answer helped, please give them a Positive Reputation vote (second icon bottom left of person)
Old 16th March 2013, 06:11 PM   #10
Tamutka

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5 updating

Hi,
I am not a big computer expert and I do a lot of corrections. SOmetims files I want to add (html), sometimes I have to correct picture I made. And every time I have to insert it again. For instance in Dreamweaver there is automatic, whenever I correct the original document, the program asks me if should update it.
Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 06:28 PM   #11
Ali
Guru

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5 updating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamutka View Post
Hi,
I am not a big computer expert and I do a lot of corrections. SOmetims files I want to add (html), sometimes I have to correct picture I made. And every time I have to insert it again. For instance in Dreamweaver there is automatic, whenever I correct the original document, the program asks me if should update it.
Thanks
If I have understood correctly what you want to do, then you need to LINK your image files in the .wpp file, not embed them. So it;s already perfectly possible: if you link your resources, WP will update them each time you launch the file.

Old 16th March 2013, 07:40 PM   #12
Tamutka

Thank you, I found out regarding pictures. What about inserting HTML code? Or when making links?
please, see the picture

I am using such files with lightbox.
Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Ali
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamutka View Post
Thank you, I found out regarding pictures. What about inserting HTML code? Or when making links?
please, see the picture

I am using such files with lightbox.
Thanks
Same - do NOT embed the file.

HTML code cannot be linked.

Old 17th March 2013, 07:55 AM   #14
Tamutka

Thanks!
Old 17th March 2013, 03:48 PM   #15
AlmightyWebDesigns

AlmightyWebDesigns is on a distinguished road

I love WebPlus x6, but to keep up with Adobe Muse and other software, there is one extremely important update that needs to be completed. WebPlus x7 needs to have a Mac version! Yes you can run windows on a Mac, but why go backwards, be unable to use many great Mac features, and take up space. I will be finally changing/upgrading to a Mac and was considering switching from WebPlus for this reason. Many Mac users I know in the web design business use other software just for this reason. There would undoubtedly be a whole new Mac user following purchasing WebPlus. As far as other updates, it's simple. Just keep an eye on Adobe Muse and make updates accordingly to stay one, or maybe two steps ahead and WebPlus will not be beat!
Old 18th March 2013, 01:49 PM   #16
aerialsandtv.com

aerialsandtv.com is well on the road to greatness

My number one wish for an updated Webplus is an option to order the anchor list* as you want. You should get the option to order it alphabetically or as they appear on page. I`m not exactly sure what order they actually appear in at the moment, but it`s neither of the aforementioned. If you`ve a long page with loads of anchors it`s a pain having to try and find them each time you want to add a link to an anchor.

* I mean the list (of available anchors) that comes up when you try to add a hyperlink.

I`d also like Webplus to stick with the name it gives to an object rather than changing it. If someone on a Forum or where ever links to one of your images then you upload the site and Webplus has changed the object id then your image no longer appears on the Forum, just a little box with a red cross in it......

Last edited by AlfredP; 21st March 2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Post moved from PagePlus X7 wishlist
Old 18th March 2013, 02:00 PM   #17
Ali
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialsandtv.com View Post
My number one wish for an updated Webplus is an option to order the anchor list as you want. You should get the option to order it alphabetically or as they appear on page. I`m not exactly sure what order they actually appear in at the moment, but it`s neither of the aforementioned. If you`ve a long page with loads of anchors it`s a pain having to try and find them each time you want to add a link to an anchor.
I don't understand the problem: are we talking about the Anchor Manager window under Site Manager? If so, then you can click on any of the column headings to sort your anchors: clicking on the Anchor column heading will order them alphabetically.

Last edited by AlfredP; 21st March 2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Post moved from PagePlus X7 wishlist
Old 18th March 2013, 02:02 PM   #18
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I don't understand the problem: are we talking about the Anchor Manager window under Site Manager? If so, then you can click on any of the column headings to sort your anchors: clicking on the Anchor column heading will order them alphabetically.
Ali

I suspect his issue is with finding the Anchor he wants to link to when using the Hyperlink wizard/dialog.

Last edited by AlfredP; 21st March 2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Post moved from PagePlus X7 wishlist
Old 18th March 2013, 02:04 PM   #19
Ali
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Ali

I suspect his issue is with finding the Anchor he wants to link to when using the Hyperlink wizard/dialog.
Ah, yes - well, he needs to make that clear!

Last edited by AlfredP; 21st March 2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Post moved from PagePlus X7 wishlist
Old 19th March 2013, 12:07 AM   #20
WillB

WillB is on a distinguished road

Id like the ability to ensure that when you copy a panel to your my designs asset store that the panel will always retain the original name. This is critical if you create a panel (menu) that appears wheever a menu button is clicked and want to be able to repeatedly drag the whole menu in to each new page. Currently, when I drag a pre-created button and menu, all the menus rename and the button actions have to be manually changed, killing any semblence of workflow. A checkbox to switch this behaviour off would be nice.