Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 21st April 2013, 03:20 PM   #41
ggrussell
Expert

ggrussell is a jewel in the roughggrussell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: CraftArtist 3 Wishlist

Within the Embellishment Tab or on the workspace? personally I would find this very annoying. If it were added, an option to turn it off would be needed.
Old 21st April 2013, 03:38 PM   #42
KPLewis

KPLewis is a jewel in the roughKPLewis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrussell View Post
Within the Embellishment Tab or on the workspace? personally I would find this very annoying. If it were added, an option to turn it off would be needed.
Within the Embellishment Tab (or Frame, Material, BG Tab). I agree, it would be annoying if it happened when on the workspace. As it is, I always turn the Hover Lights off when I start from a new installation - it really bugs me to have things light up every time you pass the cursor over them.

If you hover over a photo you have brought in to the Photo Tab, it shows the information you have on that photo - e.g. mine might have the name of the photographer, and the license details - I can see this all at glance and reference for crediting. Once you move the cursor away, it's no longer in the way.

Those on DT would like to be able to have the same thing happen if they hover over an embellishment or frame, etc., within its Tab. As soon as you move away, the info goes.

Last edited by KPLewis; 21st April 2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 21st April 2013, 05:51 PM   #43
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLewis View Post
There is currently a thread on DaisyTrail in which the OP would like to have the ability to have information about the individual embellishments, background, frames, etc. tabs show up as tooltips - in the same way that occurs if you hover over a photograph in the Photo Tab. She has asked me if I'll post the wishlist request here.

Many of us would really appreciate such a facility. When making pages with CA it is probably quite rare for just one particular digikit to be used. We'll have taken a few embellishments from here, and some materials from there, frames possibly from somewhere else, etc.

When it comes to remembering where you got things from, unless you are very organised and have made notes as you go along, it can be almost impossible to do, which can be a real nuisance if you want to credit the kits you have used, which I like to do, or if someone wants to know what you used.

I start off jotting down kits I select, but then I'll often change my mind and select soemthing else, but once in the swing of things I end up forgetting about notes. I've somewhere close to a thousand digikits to play with now - so you can imagine how difficult it can be to scroll through them all and hope my memory gets jogged.

Is it possible to have the ability to hover over an embellishment, for example, (or any of the other categories) and the digikit name it is associated with come up?
+1. This would be very useful. Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 10:21 AM   #44
cataracter

cataracter is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings box card template

My twelve year old grandaughter, who enjoys making cup cakes, has come up with an idea that could earn her some pocket money.
She also designs particular girlie figures which seem to be influenced by photos she has seen of Japanese street teenager clothing.
It is a box that is also a greetings card. The first one is a birthday box but it could also be for valentine's day or any other celebration.
Forgot the birthday of someone in the office?
This could let you off the hook.
We have managed to make a prototype box but a selection of box templates would extend Craft Artist from the two
dimensional into the three dimensional.
We are having to glue this one but a glue free flatpack type template would make the box more acceptable.
Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hols email.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	42308   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020360.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	42309   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020432.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	42310   Click image for larger version

Name:	email Hols.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	42311  
Old 21st June 2013, 03:42 PM   #45
Meg

Default Re: Greetings box card template

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataracter View Post
My twelve year old grandaughter, who enjoys making cup cakes, has come up with an idea that could earn her some pocket money.
She also designs particular girlie figures which seem to be influenced by photos she has seen of Japanese street teenager clothing.
It is a box that is also a greetings card. The first one is a birthday box but it could also be for valentine's day or any other celebration.
Forgot the birthday of someone in the office?
This could let you off the hook.
We have managed to make a prototype box but a selection of box templates would extend Craft Artist from the two
dimensional into the three dimensional.
We are having to glue this one but a glue free flatpack type template would make the box more acceptable.
Any ideas?
This (box templates) was originally suggested in the Craft Artist thread and would be for the wish list for the next Craft Artist.

Your granddaughter could join DaisyTrail forum and could be helped to design her own digi pack for use with Craft Artist. There are a lot of dedicated scrapbookers and artists on daisytrail. She might well get help and more ideas on creating her own digikits http://www.daisytrail.com/ and could graduate to designing and selling them.
Old 22nd June 2013, 04:56 PM   #46
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
This (box templates) was originally suggested in the Craft Artist thread and would be for the wish list for the next Craft Artist.
Posts now moved to the CraftArtist wishlist.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 22nd June 2013, 05:00 PM   #47
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
We have managed to make a prototype box but a selection of box templates would extend Craft Artist from the two dimensional into the three dimensional.
Have you looked at the templates which are available via the Startup Wizard in CraftArtist?

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen a 'crash lock' box which isn't partially glued.

Alfred
Old 22nd June 2013, 05:14 PM   #48
cataracter

The template I am thinking of has one glued tab on a side but the base is a fold secured by push and lock tabs.
The reason for this is so that the boxes can be stored flat but easily and securely opened when the cupcake is put inside.
Old 22nd June 2013, 05:16 PM   #49
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
The template I am thinking of has one glued tab on a side but the base is a fold secured by push and lock tabs.
The reason for this is so that the boxes can be stored flat but easily and securely opened when the cupcake is put inside.
Thanks. That's what I thought you had in mind.

Alfred
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:16 PM   #50
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Have you looked at the templates which are available via the Startup Wizard in CraftArtist?

I don't think I've ever seen a 'crash lock' box which isn't partially glued.

Alfred
I had a look at the "make and do" projects in CA2 before posting and I didn't see anything similar to what the OP wrote. A box template would be useful. And even without a cupcake inside, i think a box shaped birthday card is very innovative, especially if you can post it flat.
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:34 PM   #51
cataracter

Meg,
I spent all day yesterday looking in every greetings card outlet that I could find. No one does a greetings card collapsible box that could be used for particular occasions and there are so many other uses it could be put to other than a cupcake box. It could also be sent in an envelope through the post and would be space saving by a retail stockist. It seems that flat folding card producers are not thinking outside the box (sorry).
If Craft Artist were the first ones to do it as a box template they could be on to a winner, especially in time for Valentine's Day.
The pity is that it will be taken up by someone, and the fact that both I and my young grandaughter are naive in the ways of business, she will never reap any benefit. Her one and only ambition at the moment appears to be an Apple laptop computer.
I suppose Serif, Craft Artist or Daisy Trail could put her name to it. At 12 years of age that could be a confidence booster.
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:52 PM   #52
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Meg,
I spent all day yesterday looking in every greetings card outlet that I could find. No one does a greetings card collapsible box that could be used for particular occasions and there are so many other uses it could be put to other than a cupcake box. It could also be sent in an envelope through the post and would be space saving by a retail stockist. It seems that flat folding card producers are not thinking outside the box (sorry).
If Craft Artist were the first ones to do it as a box template they could be on to a winner, especially in time for Valentine's Day.
The pity is that it will be taken up by someone, and the fact that both I and my young grandaughter are naive in the ways of business, she will never reap any benefit. Her one and only ambition at the moment appears to be an Apple laptop computer.
I suppose Serif, Craft Artist or Daisy Trail could put her name to it. At 12 years of age that could be a confidence booster.
I'll bet she could team up with a local bakery and sell kajillions of them. Novel idea. Love it. Love the cupcakes, too.

Lon in California
Old 6th July 2013, 05:18 PM   #53
izzybebop

izzybebop is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb My CraftArtist 3 Wishlist

I'd like to be able to open PSD templates, leaving the layers intact. I know there are ways around this, such as converting to curves and break apart, but it doesn't always work.

My other wish is to be able to select and tag multiple items at once, rather than having to copy/paste.
Old 16th July 2013, 07:11 AM   #54
jf3000

jf3000 is on a distinguished road

Why have a wishlist when CA2 is dead, just check the forum, no messages for months, seems a bit of a waste of time bringing a new version out.
Old 16th July 2013, 07:15 AM   #55
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf3000 View Post
Why have a wishlist when CA2 is dead, just check the forum, no messages for months, seems a bit of a waste of time bringing a new version out.
Please get your facts right before posting: the Daisy Trail forum is where the Craft Artist users hang out.

http://shop.daisytrail.com/?spmc=DTPPCBR

Old 16th July 2013, 07:29 AM   #56
jf3000

jf3000 is on a distinguished road

If that is so then why have a wishlist here then eh?
Old 16th July 2013, 07:44 AM   #57
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf3000 View Post
If that is so then why have a wishlist here then eh?
Because this is where Serif choose to have the wishlist, but the CA community is not dead, as you asserted: it is very much alive on Daisy Trail. Did you go and have a look? Why not ask your questions over there? That's where you will find the crafty community.

Old 16th July 2013, 07:45 AM   #58
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Please get your facts right before posting: the Daisy Trail forum is where the Craft Artist users hang out.

http://shop.daisytrail.com/?spmc=DTPPCBR
Please get your facts right before posting, Ali!

The DaisyTrail forum, where most CraftArtist users hang out, is here:

http://www.daisytrail.com/forum.html

Alfred
Old 17th July 2013, 08:39 AM   #59
cataracter

In fact, you can get into the forums using both routes. And so, Ali was correct.
Old 18th July 2013, 12:48 PM   #60
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
In fact, you can get into the forums using both routes. And so, Ali was correct.
Well, my link takes you straight to the forums, whereas Ali's link takes you to the DaisyTrail shop. As you say, you can get to the forums from there (just as you can get to both places from anywhere on DT) so she wasn't far wrong!

Alfred