Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 10th August 2012, 06:00 PM   #1
graphicnewbie2012

graphicnewbie2012 is on a distinguished road
Smile how do you add digital kits from other companies to serif scrapbook artist 2?

sorry is this has been asked before but i have just registered on here as bought the serif craft artist 2 to start doing my own digital scrapbook pages but cant see where i would upload scrapbook digikits purchased from places other than daisytrail - please can someone assist with this for me, many thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 10:17 PM   #2
KPLewis

KPLewis is a jewel in the roughKPLewis is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: how do you add digital kits from other companies to serif scrapbook artist 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicnewbie2012 View Post
sorry is this has been asked before but i have just registered on here as bought the serif craft artist 2 to start doing my own digital scrapbook pages but cant see where i would upload scrapbook digikits purchased from places other than daisytrail - please can someone assist with this for me, many thanks
Hi there,

I take it you mean Craft Artist, and not DSA2? It is very easy to import non-DaisyTrail files into Craft Artist.

Other sites' digikits can be used in Craft Artist, but they won't be in the .pack file format that CA uses. You usually get the files as zip files of folders containing embellishments and papers which you download, unzip and then bring the contents into CA via the Digikit Creator (under Tools) or through the photo tab. You might find this video tutorial helpful - although for CA's predecessor DSA2, it's much the same apart from the Digikit Creator being in the Tools tab dropdown. How to Use the Digikit Creator

When you do download kits from other sites you might find trulytango’s pdf download on DT useful as it can help you to see how to get the various files into Craft Artist so they are available in the Digikit Browser ready for you to use. Freebies - Understanding the Different File Types

You will also find that the DaisyTrail forums are a very good place for finding out all sorts of things about your new software. There are loads of Video Tutorials to watch, plus look at the Tutorials tab at the top of the forum pages, and a whole raft of "how to tips" in the Tips and Techniques Page of the forums that you might find helful.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by KPLewis; 10th August 2012 at 10:23 PM.