Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 28th August 2012, 08:48 PM   #41
Mort11
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2

With adobe flash being killed off I would like the option to update a javascript gallery on websites as is currently available with a professional flash gallery via flickr.

Old 1st September 2012, 10:21 PM   #42
ryde01

ryde01 is an unknown quantity at this point

please integrate html5 css3 php sql, or make a drag and drop developers version of webplus to make dynamic sites i would like to make a music site so i can upload my own music so someone can hear the audio and maybe buy the audio/video and can you please put the arrange slider in like what you got for draw pls for objects. i know you guys can do this i dont even mind paying extra for the software dreamweaver is long. i know its not a w3c standard yet for html5 but the more companys on board it will become a standard quicker
Old 1st September 2012, 10:24 PM   #43
ryde01

can you put a new action called slide so you can make one object move from one end of the screen to another
Old 1st September 2012, 10:33 PM   #44
ryde01

a proper music player with playlist where you can just drop and drag music in a folder and serif automatically make a playlist. in x4, x5 and x6 you have done no update in this section i am a big fan of serif
Old 1st September 2012, 10:35 PM   #45
Archibald
Master

Archibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryde01 View Post
please integrate html5 css3 php sql, or make a drag and drop developers version of webplus to make dynamic sites i would like to make a music site so i can upload my own music so someone can hear the audio and maybe buy the audio/video and can you please put the arrange slider in like what you got for draw pls for objects. i know you guys can do this i dont even mind paying extra for the software dreamweaver is long. i know its not a w3c standard yet for html5 but the more companys on board it will become a standard quicker
Quote:
a proper music player with playlist where you can just drop and drag music in a folder and serif automatically make a playlist. in x4, x5 and x6 you have done no update in this section i am a big fan of serif
You would stand more chance of Serif staff understanding your post if you bothered to write in decent English .
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:13 AM   #46
ryde01

To my understanding this is just a forum for getting your ideas across in what you would like to see in future products. You seem to of understood me. I speak the queens English, and its not as if I am writing a formal letter to the director of Serif. But thanks for you concerns Archibald
Old 2nd September 2012, 01:31 PM   #47
jerik

jerik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To my understanding this is just a forum for getting your ideas across in what you would like to see in future products. You seem to of understood me. I speak the queens English, and its not as if I am writing a formal letter to the director of Serif. But thanks for you concerns Archibald
Sorry, but thou hast not written queens English (neither have I, this is more like Shakespeare), and I have to say that I am of the same opinion as Archibald - your post is not very clear.
Old 2nd September 2012, 01:45 PM   #48
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerik View Post
Sorry, but thou hast not written queens English (neither have I, this is more like Shakespeare), and I have to say that I am of the same opinion as Archibald - your post is not very clear.
Ditto. To get your ideas across, you need to communicate clearly, not in a 'stream of consciousness' without punctuation.

Old 2nd September 2012, 08:02 PM   #49
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

CHANGE HOME PAGE:

The option to change the designated Home page is available:

On the Site studio tab - Pages - Right click on the new home page and select 'Set as Home page'

And that appears to be the only way to do it!

I think that option should also be in Site Manager ?!!

Linked thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 05:04 PM   #50
richosr

richosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud of
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - UTF-8 without BOM encoding.

I would like to see the addition of code page type 'UTF-8 without BOM' as an option in HTML Output in Site properties.

The additional characters in standard UTF-8 at the beginning of the file causes issues with php particularly starting a session.

When starting a session with something like :
Code:
<?php session_start();
$_SESSION['ok']="No";
$_SESSION['userid']="None";
?>
where the lines have to be above the <html> tag and the < has to be on the first line and be the first character.

The additional characters added by UTF-8 then cause this to fail when published.

Also on some servers the additional BOM characters in UTF-8 sometimes display affecting the page display.

There are two solutions at present:

1. Publish the page to disk and edit the HTML in something like Notepad ++ and re-save as encoding 'UTF-8 without BOM'. (Windows Notepad saves as UTF-8 standard so will also write the additional characters so you have to use something like Notepad ++ that has the 'without BOM' option).

2. Change the HTML Page encoding in WebPlus Site Properties>HTML Output to something like 'ISO 8859-2 (Central Europe)' and re-publish the page.

It would be much easier if 'UTF-8 without BOM' was an option.

regards

Steve
Old 3rd September 2012, 05:16 PM   #51
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richosr View Post
I would like to see the addition of code page type 'UTF-8 without BOM' as an option in HTML Output in Site properties.

The additional characters in standard UTF-8 at the beginning of the file causes issues with php particularly starting a session.

When starting a session with something like :
Code:
<?php session_start();
$_SESSION['ok']="No";
$_SESSION['userid']="None";
?>
where the lines have to be above the <html> tag and the < has to be on the first line and be the first character.

The additional characters added by UTF-8 then cause this to fail when published.

Also on some servers the additional BOM characters in UTF-8 sometimes display affecting the page display.

There are two solutions at present:

1. Publish the page to disk and edit the HTML in something like Notepad ++ and re-save as encoding 'UTF-8 without BOM'. (Windows Notepad saves as UTF-8 standard so will also write the additional characters so you have to use something like Notepad ++ that has the 'without BOM' option).

2. Change the HTML Page encoding in WebPlus Site Properties>HTML Output to something like 'ISO 8859-2 (Central Europe)' and re-publish the page.

regards

Steve
Yes, but it wouldn't actually solve the problem, which is that hardly anybody knows what a BOM is unless they have encountered one. Do you really mean that your new option should be the DEFAULT option?

Old 3rd September 2012, 05:20 PM   #52
richosr

richosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Yes, but it wouldn't actually solve the problem, which is that hardly anybody knows what a BOM is unless they have encountered one. Do you really mean that your new option should be the DEFAULT option?

Certain functions in php are affected by the additional characters in UTF-8. I am not asking for it to be the default, as UTF-8 including BOM is.
I am just asking for it to be added to the list of available encodings, for those of us that use php.

regards

Steve
Old 3rd September 2012, 05:28 PM   #53
Ali
Guru

Quote:
Certain functions in php are affected by the additional characters in UTF-8. I am not asking for it to be the default, as UTF-8 including BOM is.
I am just asking for it to be added to the list of available encodings, for those of us that use php.

regards

Steve
I see.

Old 3rd September 2012, 06:13 PM   #54
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
IMO it would be much easier if 'UTF-8 without BOM' were the only UTF-8 option! I've yet to encounter an argument in favour of retaining the BOM in UTF-8 output.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 4th September 2012, 07:06 PM   #55
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Ditto. To get your ideas across, you need to communicate clearly, not in a 'stream of consciousness' without punctuation.
I was about to say that you sound like a teacher talking about "stream of consciousness techniques"... and then I remembered you are
Old 6th September 2012, 05:08 PM   #56
oraclepac

oraclepac is on a distinguished road
Default Mac version for x7 please please!

A MAC version for webplus x7 would be extra cool!

Actually there is no big choices in website building application on mac so a big market is available!
Old 6th September 2012, 05:13 PM   #57
oraclepac

Please a Mac version would be very appreciated!

also

facebook page editor

Seo optimizer

thank you
pierre
Old 6th September 2012, 05:21 PM   #58
oraclepac

Do you think eventualy it will possible to work with webplus in a Cloud?

I mean access the application online .

thank
Old 6th September 2012, 06:11 PM   #59
oraclepac

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #1

Hi

It would be cool to have an easy multi lingual option as many online services offer

I often need to create site in french and english

thank
pierre
Old 6th September 2012, 06:14 PM   #60
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclepac View Post
Hi

It would be cool to have an easy multi lingual option as many online services offer

I often need to create site in french and english

thank
pierre
See Frank B's excellent tutorial here.

http://flashpubs.com/webplus/multilingual/