Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 16th August 2012, 11:04 AM   #21
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
Yes, it can be annoying if you realise that you had the wrong page width... you have to change the master page(s) and each individual page too, which on big sites is a nightmare

It can be done fairly quickly via Site Manager, but I'd still like the option outlined in my post above.

Old 21st August 2012, 11:14 PM   #22
ovidiu

ovidiu is on a distinguished road

Since the time of WebPlusX4 I mentioned a problem that was not been resolved to this day! Specifically, if you try to make a professional flash gallery and set PhotoGallery / Professional Photo Flash Gallery / Album1 / Album Settings / Enable albums within gallery / Album2 / style /and set "Fill (remove title and description)" the image displayed in the gallery is very pixelated! As I said, that is a problem confirmed by Serif since of X4... Currently unresolved!

Last edited by ovidiu; 21st August 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:44 AM   #23
Reddi-eng

Reddi-eng is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by siehorst View Post
Let's say: Dynamic Database connection.
(This merge and repeat area thing is a bit useless.)
horst
New to this forum and only just catching up on wish lists but I agree, better database merge facilities are needed.

See my X7 wish list suggestion.

Derek
Old 22nd August 2012, 02:09 PM   #24
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Please restore to X7 X2s ability to save new, customised colour schemes with the document. It is nonsensical not to be able to transfer new swatches with a .wpp file to a different PC.

Old 23rd August 2012, 07:22 AM   #25
Bob Keen

Bob Keen is on a distinguished road

In the Smart Objects and the access control aspect, it would be very useful to have an email address search facility for those in a particular group.

Sometimes I need to check if someone has been added and at present, all of the email addresses are jumbled up and if you have a lot of members in the group, it can take a long time to find one, or not find one and wonder if you missed it.
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:05 AM   #26
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Keen View Post
In the Smart Objects and the access control aspect, it would be very useful to have an email address search facility for those in a particular group.

Sometimes I need to check if someone has been added and at present, all of the email addresses are jumbled up and if you have a lot of members in the group, it can take a long time to find one, or not find one and wonder if you missed it.
Bob

Please add your wishes to this SWR wishlist here

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=70823
Old 23rd August 2012, 06:51 PM   #27
Bob Keen

Bob Keen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Bob

Please add your wishes to this SWR wishlist here

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=70823
Done Marilyn. I had not appreciated that there was a seperate thread for SWR.
Old 23rd August 2012, 06:52 PM   #28
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Keen View Post
Done Marilyn. I had not appreciated that there was a seperate thread for SWR.
No problem, Bob.. it is it's own critter and also used by PagePlus.
Old 24th August 2012, 02:43 PM   #29
Galen

Galen is on a distinguished road
Default WebPlus X7 Wishlist #2 - Bring Back The X2 Site Map

SITE MAP TOOLS

If not already re-instated in X6, I would like to see the return of the Site Map tools in X2. I do not like paying for new software to find that useful functions have been removed, especially when it takes time to figure out a work around to get to do what I was doing already.
The Site Map options in the Navigation Bar section in X5 are not as useful as the ones in X2. See thread I came across when I was searching for a resolution to the limited Site Map X5 offers.
http://forums.serif.com/showthread.p...insert+sitemap for details.

I like the child indenting and the columns feature the X2 Site Map options had.

At the moment I am copying and pasting an X2 Site Map in order to be able to retain the features.

I would also like to have more child indents added too.

I like some of the new navigation bar features in X5, including the conversion to panel, but not at the expense of the Site Map columns.

Thank you.
Old 24th August 2012, 03:01 PM   #30
Galen

Default WebPlus X7 Wishlist #2 - REMOVE 40 PIXEL LIMIT IN NAV BAR BUTTON SPACING

Have X5 (not X6 yet). Assuming not already in X6.

I would like to see the navigation bar option limitation of 40 pixels horizontal and vertical separation of each button from the other to be increased.

I wanted to add a photo to the side of each button on one page, but in order to do so, I had to convert to panel, which means that when the site pages change, I have to create a new button each time and place it and the new photo in the correct order, which means switching things around and relocating the buttons below the new page button.

If the 40 pixel limit was increased, I could have kept it as a navigation bar and just inserted a new image in the right place with some slight tweaking of the photo locations. I am aware that I can convert to Navigation Bar but as far as I can see I have to do this on each button separately and when I tried this they moved, so it saved no time.

On the plus side, I do find the convert to panel option very useful when I want to add a single page link button to a page and I can just copy and paste a nav bar, use convert to panel and take one button and delete the rest, allowing a consistent look with no button editing.

Thank you.
Old 24th August 2012, 03:56 PM   #31
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness

When you publish a new website, you always want to submit the site to search engines. Perhaps WebPlus could have a built in feature where you go to (say) file>submit to search engines, and you enter the URL of the site, and then WebPlus automatically submits it for you... it would save a lot of work manually applying, or using an online one
Old 24th August 2012, 04:24 PM   #32
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Mobile SEO

If X7 is to include the ability to create and redirect to a mobile version (as in X6), I would suggest that mobile SEO is added to the Help file along with options to apply this in the program.

That should help to avoid pitfalls.
Old 24th August 2012, 06:31 PM   #33
RedBullRacer

RedBullRacer is on a distinguished road

I'm currently using Webplus X5, it is 98% able to do what I want. Webplus is am amazing piece of software, but sadly one tiny little thing is stopping me from being able to carry on with my site.

I use the Database Merge feature, which is amazing, but when merging, the created pages are called Page1.html, Page2.html, Page3.html etc

I have to manually edit all these after performing the merge, this is fine for a few pages, but once you start having 50 pages etc it just becomes so annoying. To the point where I actually stopped working on my site back in May as this issue was just giving me too much work to do each time I merged the site. It's even hard to test your site as none of the links work, the whole site basically revolves around these filenames.

I came back today to see if X6 fixed this issue, but it still hasn't

The thing is, it seems like such an easy thing to fix. If you have a field in your Database named PageURL, all you would have to do is put that field into the FileName option on the page to be merged. Then when you merged the site it would be named what you wanted.

I really hope they add this in via a patch or to Webplus X7. As soon as this option is added I will upgrade and be able to do my website the way I want to. WebPlus is so close to perfection for me, it is a shame this one little thing is holding it back.
Old 25th August 2012, 02:56 PM   #34
jerik

jerik is on a distinguished road

Hi!

It would be nice if in the next version you would include in the "Text->Insert-Information->Date or time" a year only variable. That way WebPlus will remember for me to update the copyright information in the footer each new year.

Otherwise, thanks for a good product!

(copied from: http://forums.serif.com/showthread.p...897#post853897)
Old 25th August 2012, 02:59 PM   #35
jerik

jerik is on a distinguished road

Also, if it could be possible to put a variable that shows what current slide your on and how many slides there are in total on a slider. And perhaps the posibillity to add bulletbars to sliders to indicate which slide you are currently on. That way you can use it for news flashes and people can easily navigate back and forth on a slider.
Old 25th August 2012, 03:09 PM   #36
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerik View Post
Also, if it could be possible to put a variable that shows what current slide your on and how many slides there are in total on a slider. And perhaps the posibillity to add bulletbars to sliders to indicate which slide you are currently on. That way you can use it for news flashes and people can easily navigate back and forth on a slider.
Those slider features are already available.
Old 28th August 2012, 05:14 PM   #37
Galen

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2 ARRANGE OBJECTS INTO MORE THAN 1 COLUMN OR ROW

Although I find the current arrange tools useful, it would be very useful to have the option of arranging a group of items in the same way you can replicate an item in a pre-arranged order into more than one row or column.

If the arrange options had the replicating arrangement options, you could select a group of items on the page and have them arranged e.g. 25 items, 5 across and 5 down etc. Quite often I find myself having to do this and it can be quite time consuming. Lining up a number of objects in one column, repeating for each column and then lining up the objects in each row, to have an even distribution of objects, grid style. If there is a quick way of doing this that I have missed, I would love to hear it.

Attached a copy of the screen with the replicating options, when duplicating an object, with a variety of arrangement options shown.

Thank you.

Working on X5. Assuming not already on X6.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Replicate arrangement options.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	35456  

Last edited by Galen; 28th August 2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added title
Old 28th August 2012, 05:16 PM   #38
Galen

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2 BUTTON WORD WRAP

I like the new nav bar buttons in X5.

If not already added to X6, I would like to see the ability to word wrap on each button, so button height could be increased to accommodate more than one row of text.

Thank you.
Old 28th August 2012, 05:32 PM   #39
Galen

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2 - BRIEFCASE STYLE SAVING AND MOVEMENT OF SETTINGS

Working on X5. Assuming not in X6.

There are occasions when I have needed to reinstall the software, or I am working on the same file as some-one else using WebPlus on their computer.

It would be helpful if there were a quick way of saving all the settings relevant to the website I am working on and be able to add them back into WebPlus quickly under a chosen name.

E.g. I am working on a website where I have created some new backgrounds, frames and borders. If there were a quick save option for those, that could be saved on my computer or sent to the other file user, this would cut down work their end having to create the gallery or style item, by copying the objects in the file, in order to carry on using those styles in new objects and I would have them on a backup if I had to reinstall the software.

I have lost personalised items several times over the years. Ideally, all personalisation of WebPlus could be saved, in the case of a reinstall or when replacing a computer and be accessible in an upgrade.

Thank you.
Old 28th August 2012, 06:04 PM   #40
mjh
The one and only mjh

Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2 - BRIEFCASE STYLE SAVING AND MOVEMENT OF SETTINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen View Post
Working on X5. Assuming not in X6.

There are occasions when I have needed to reinstall the software, or I am working on the same file as some-one else using WebPlus on their computer.

It would be helpful if there were a quick way of saving all the settings relevant to the website I am working on and be able to add them back into WebPlus quickly under a chosen name.

E.g. I am working on a website where I have created some new backgrounds, frames and borders. If there were a quick save option for those, that could be saved on my computer or sent to the other file user, this would cut down work their end having to create the gallery or style item, by copying the objects in the file, in order to carry on using those styles in new objects and I would have them on a backup if I had to reinstall the software.

I have lost personalised items several times over the years. Ideally, all personalisation of WebPlus could be saved, in the case of a reinstall or when replacing a computer and be accessible in an upgrade.

Thank you.

In WebPlus X6 a new feature is the Asset Packs which will do for you exatly what you want.