Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 20th July 2012, 10:55 PM   #1
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2

Please post your WebPlus wishes here.

You can read earlier WebPlus X7 wishes in thread #1 here
http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=112914

thanks.

Last edited by Patrick Connor; 22nd July 2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:11 AM   #2
alucasncfc

alucasncfc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2

If you enter a contact form on your website, you should be able to specify which email the form contents gets sent to based on a selection from the user.

For example, a contact form with a drop down box for 'Department'. Then if the user selects sales, the form content gets sent to the sales department, or if the user selects 'Returns' the contents gets sent to the returns department.

BRITANNIA FIRST AID TRAINING | e: ajl@britanniafirstaid.co.uk | w: www.britanniafirstaid.co.uk | in: ajlucas91
Old 4th August 2012, 08:12 PM   #3
alucasncfc

Customising the Search Bar could be useful, changing the colour of the button etc.

BRITANNIA FIRST AID TRAINING | e: ajl@britanniafirstaid.co.uk | w: www.britanniafirstaid.co.uk | in: ajlucas91
Old 4th August 2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucasncfc View Post
Customising the Search Bar could be useful, changing the colour of the button etc.
WebPlus X4 - Customising the search button

Just takes a bit of tweaking.
Old 6th August 2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

1. Resume from last time — open the last used site at the page that was being edited on closing WebPlus, with the cursor where it was before too if possible
  2. Zoom fit to page width by default so that page down/up does not change the zoom level depending on the page length (Zoom to full page is the current default).
  3. Return support for creative text frames
  4. Add support for footnotes and endnotes (the code must be already there from PagePlus
  5. Customisable font size and colours for HTML code editor so that it is actually usable for colour-blind and/or short-sighted users.
  6. Save as package for easy transfer of all linked assets to another PC or for backup.

Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 26th August 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:16 AM   #6
Reddi-eng

Reddi-eng is on a distinguished road

There are three issue I have with WordPlus which I would like to see in additional functionality. They are:

Firstly File names. The default file name is pageXX.html where the XX is incremented automatically. Because I’m merging several projects into one web-site I cannot accept this default and have to edit every page I create with a unique prefix. It would be nice if there was a project parameter which enabled you to set your own default instead of “page”.

Secondly I find that when I clone a page I have to re-select the the data source for the data merge or I have to create a blank page and copy the repeating area and paste it. All this is time consuming and needs to completely clone the page, parameters and all.

Lastly, you can only create/clone one page at a time. My layouts usually include a Page with two frames and index page which is referenced in one frame and a detail merge page which creates the index page and is referenced in the other frame. It would be nice if you could select a group of pages and clone them.

Derek
Old 7th August 2012, 10:49 PM   #7
stevefoobar

stevefoobar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #2 Vimeo

Please add Vimeo as an option to Insert Media Object in addition to YouTube. Vimeo.com is fast becoming an alternative to YouTube for the growing number of people that are dissatisfied with YouTube.

In many ways, it is a better video platform than YouTube and certainly a higher-class video platform. They also allow free accounts similar to YouTube.
Old 9th August 2012, 01:13 PM   #8
alucasncfc

When you enter an HTML Fragment, rather than WebPlus displaying a white box with the words 'HTML Fragment', it should give you a preview of what the HTML will look like.

Old 13th August 2012, 02:54 PM   #9
goldsfam

goldsfam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterman7 View Post
The reason that I cant buy Web Plus is because it does not allow you to switch between WYSIWYG and Code View. I need this ability because I often want to edit things quickly. There are just items that I need to change in my code that isn`t allowed unless I have the code editor built in. Please add this ability so that I dont have to remain with Microsoft Expressions Web more expensive upgrades.
AGREE!! Being able to view in HTML also would be VERY helpful.. Many of us first learned how to do websites in HTML and can spot "issues/problems" that way much easier.. As most of us are aware - even thought it's supposed to be WYSISYG when the sites are moved sometimes things just aren't quite the same.Being able to view the code in WEBPLUS would be very helpful!

Last edited by AlfredP; 13th August 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 13th August 2012, 03:15 PM   #10
knolls

knolls is on a distinguished road

Create a WebPlus template for independent book authors/sellers.

Here is an example of a site created to sell a book: http://bit.ly/PdGaMw. Not an ideal design but it illustrates what authors need to help market their creations.

I saw that Serif has a new, free WebPlus template for musicians. Writers could use something for their purposes.
Old 13th August 2012, 05:56 PM   #11
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

@knolls,

The WordPress example you gave would be pretty simple to create (recreate) in WebPlus.

I understand the desire for pre-made templates. In general, nearly every example I have seen someone point to would be an easy afternoon to make a couple master pages for to recreate the look and feel in WebPlus.

Take care, Mike
Old 13th August 2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsfam View Post
AGREE!! Being able to view in HTML also would be VERY helpful.. Many of us first learned how to do websites in HTML and can spot "issues/problems" that way much easier.. As most of us are aware - even thought it's supposed to be WYSISYG when the sites are moved sometimes things just aren't quite the same.Being able to view the code in WEBPLUS would be very helpful!
You can switch between the two now.

Perhaps a split screen approach is your line of thinking.

Last edited by AlfredP; 13th August 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 13th August 2012, 06:39 PM   #13
goldsfam

goldsfam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
You can switch between the two now.

Perhaps a split screen approach is your line of thinking.
That's great news.. I'll have to check that out - I haven't had the chance/opportunity to actually use X6 yet..

Last edited by AlfredP; 13th August 2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:52 PM   #14
sdunnin

sdunnin is on a distinguished road

Keep/control the published file names for images. Instead of wp*.jpg I would like it to be a name that I specify, or at least the original file name.
Old 13th August 2012, 08:01 PM   #15
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunnin View Post
Keep/control the published file names for images. Instead of wp*.jpg I would like it to be a name that I specify, or at least the original file name.
How about...

Last edited by MikeW; 22nd May 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 13th August 2012, 08:04 PM   #16
Tom.
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
How about...
No good for galleries.
Old 13th August 2012, 08:09 PM   #17
sdunnin

sdunnin is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I forgot to specify the request was that functionality for Galleries.
Old 13th August 2012, 08:16 PM   #18
MikeW

@Tom...which was not specified.

Thanks for the clarification. Tis a great request that I suspect has been made before and needs to be included.

Mike
Old 15th August 2012, 10:04 AM   #19
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Page sizing improvement suggestion: add a tick box to master page properties dialog to allow a user to determine whether changing the MP size is reflected in associated pages or not. Currently it isn't, so the default setting would be un-checked. There are very good reasons for choosing either option.

Old 16th August 2012, 11:02 AM   #20
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Page sizing improvement suggestion: add a tick box to master page properties dialog to allow a user to determine whether changing the MP size is reflected in associated pages or not. Currently it isn't, so the default setting would be un-checked. There are very good reasons for choosing either option.
Yes, it can be annoying if you realise that you had the wrong page width... you have to change the master page(s) and each individual page too, which on big sites is a nightmare