Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 26th March 2012, 03:12 AM   #1
John Yate

John Yate is on a distinguished road
Default Page Plus Text Box Formatting Fails

I cannot get a change in the background colour of text boxes. All the colour swatches are presented, but they don't actually update the text box. The help/tutorial materials give no actual help here.
Principle: If I'm doing it wrong its probably because the software is actually unfriendly.
Or does anyone know a way to do this please ?

Last edited by mjh; 26th March 2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: added version, moved from Font Manager forum
Old 26th March 2012, 03:15 AM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Page Plus Text Box Formatting Fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Yate View Post
I cannot get a change in the background colour of text boxes. All the colour swatches are presented, but they don't actually update the text box. The help/tutorial materials give no actual help here.
Principle: If I'm doing it wrong its probably because the software is actually unfriendly.
Hi John and welcome to the Serif forums.

What version of PagePlus are you using?
Old 26th March 2012, 03:20 AM   #3
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Here's how I do it.

I select the text frame by clicking twice on the frame and then in the Swatches tab, I select FILL and then a color.

What method are you doing that is not working?
Old 26th March 2012, 03:22 AM   #4
John Yate

John Yate is on a distinguished road

Thank- you - this is in X5..
Old 26th March 2012, 03:33 AM   #5
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Yate View Post
John,

You first must select the actual frame, not just some text in it, or with the insert cursor present. You select the frame by clicking on the Move icon at the top left of the frame, or by clicking on the frame's border. The frame will have a solid light blue border when it is correctly selected. Check the hint line.

Then make sure you have selected the Fill icon in the Swatches or Colour tab of the Studio.

Geoff
Old 26th March 2012, 01:39 PM   #6
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Blanthorn View Post
You first must select the actual frame, not just some text in it, or with the insert cursor present. You select the frame by clicking on the Move icon at the top left of the frame, or by clicking on the frame's border.
If you find it difficult to click on the frame's border and you don't want to risk moving the frame by clicking on the Move icon, you can click inside the frame (which will give you a text cursor) and then press the Escape key on your keyboard to select the frame itself.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)