Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > MoviePlus

Notices

MoviePlus Questions about using MoviePlus for video editing

Old 22nd March 2012, 12:15 PM   #41
MikeR

MikeR is a glorious beacon of lightMikeR is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Serif launches MoviePlus X6

Ian,

I accept that the interface is significantly improved but, to keep up the motoring metaphor, I see these as relating more to the dashboard than under the hood. If indeed there are upgrades to CODECs, that's more the sort of thing I was hoping for, along with 5.1 sound and smart rendering, for example.

Eric,

I hadn't noticed improvements to the menu designer, only that the facility to use a user-defined background is broken (although I'm sure it will quickly be fixed). As I rarely use MvP for disc authoring I may have missed something, but it all looks very like the X5 version.

Medion MD8833 with Intel Q6600 + 3GB. Win 7 64 Ultimate SP1.

Old 22nd March 2012, 01:37 PM   #42
Greyfox
Expert

Greyfox is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
..I accept that the interface is significantly improved but, to keep up the motoring metaphor, I see these as relating more to the dashboard than under the hood.
Hi Mike,
To me, dashboard improvements are only visual improvements. It's changes to what's under the hood that allow me to drive the car faster, steer it more easily or give it added efficiency etc, but at least now you know what I was referring to.

The only improvement to the menu designer that I am aware of is the addition of "MoviePlus Styles" to the titles.
Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX-560 (1GB), Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Canon 8400F scanner, Brother HL-2270DW Mono Laser, Brother MFC-J825DW Multifunction, Sony SLT-A57 and Canon IXUS-110IS cameras, Sony DCR-HC96E Video Camera. PagePlus X7,X8 MoviePlus X5,X6 PhotoPlus X7,X8, DrawPlus X6,X8
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:10 PM   #43
ericlnz

ericlnz is just really niceericlnz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post

Eric,

I hadn't noticed improvements to the menu designer,
Actually Mike I was saying it should be added to Ian's list of wishes because as you say it hasn't changed.

Eric
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:28 AM   #44
djfuego

djfuego is on a distinguished road

Well I must say I'm glad I held out for X6. Wasn't conviced with X5 as it sounded and looked a bit rushed. I like the interface and ease of use. I haven't checked the books that came with the CD yet and that will probably be evident in my first production with the software. One crit would be to be able to copy and paste Key frame inserts. Those little red dots.(edit It's ok I found out how to copy paste.. Bit long winded) I did have an issue with the effects as they effected all the videos and I had added about 10 shorts so just reloaded my project and the issue seemed to correct its self. And Text over a video It looks ok on preview stopped but when I play it in the preview window I get a black background instead of transparency.
This is a step up from MS Movie producer as I don't need to wait for my Imported videos to be re-transcoded before I can work with them.

Last edited by djfuego; 23rd March 2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:37 AM   #45
MikeR

MikeR is a glorious beacon of lightMikeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlnz View Post
Actually Mike I was saying it should be added to Ian's list of wishes because as you say it hasn't changed.

Eric
Sorry, I misread your earlier post.

Medion MD8833 with Intel Q6600 + 3GB. Win 7 64 Ultimate SP1.

Old 15th April 2012, 04:58 PM   #46
k@k

k@k is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I have a JVC camcorder as hm845 here are the feature -> http://cdn.jvc.fr/hdeverio/lineup/fh...um_memory.html

And as I just saw the new MVPx6 just released, I wonder if it can play video from my camcorder because I am currently 5 MoviePlus who does not read my video?

thank you
Old 15th April 2012, 05:09 PM   #47
k@k

Re,
Another question:
if I want to buy, in French, MVPX6 format cd and not download, where can I find it?

thank you
Old 15th April 2012, 07:34 PM   #48
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by k@k View Post
Hello,
I have a JVC camcorder as hm845 here are the feature -> http://cdn.jvc.fr/hdeverio/lineup/fh...um_memory.html

And as I just saw the new MVPx6 just released, I wonder if it can play video from my camcorder because I am currently 5 MoviePlus who does not read my video?

thank you
Yes, MoviePlus X5 and X6 both read the .MTS AVCHD files from our JVC HM 445 camcorder.
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 15th April 2012, 08:01 PM   #49
k@k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
Yes, MoviePlus X5 and X6 both read the .MTS AVCHD files from our JVC HM 445 camcorder.
thank you RichardS
Old 16th April 2012, 02:45 PM   #50
k@k

Re,
I want to know if my computer skills are good for MVP X6

==> # Http://fr.asus.com/Notebooks/Versati...ormance/X52DR/ specifications

thank you
Old 17th April 2012, 12:07 PM   #51
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
if I want to buy, in French, MVPX6 format cd and not download, where can I find it?
The DVD contains English (UK & US), French and German. On the MoviePlus page, choose Upgrade or Buy Now to purchase it:
http://www.serif.com/movieplus/
Old 17th April 2012, 12:23 PM   #52
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Re,
I want to know if my computer skills are good for MVP X6

==> # Http://fr.asus.com/Notebooks/Versati...ormance/X52DR/ specifications
Yes, your computer's specification looks capable of running MoviePlus X6
Old 17th April 2012, 12:28 PM   #53
k@k

Hello,
thank you for your answers

I had not noticed that the site in English DVD was on sale on the French site because there are only downloading.

As the DVD is in English, German and French so I'll order it by the English site.

Again thank you
Old 21st April 2012, 09:33 AM   #54
agut

agut is on a distinguished road

I bought Esd-MoviePlus X5 ESD Multi Lingual Option about a year ago. Why can I not upgrade it to MoviePlus X6 Multi Lingual by download? I'm always geeting the following error message: Unfortunately, you cannot purchase your shopping basket contents

thanks for any support
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:18 AM   #55
Sarah W
Expert

Hi Alain,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble placing your order. Could you please take a screenshot of the shopping basket with MoviePlus in it and then a screenshot of the error message when it appears? Either attach them here or email them directly to me at swoodhouse@serif.com and I will get this investigated further.
Old 25th April 2012, 07:46 AM   #56
Fergus

Fergus is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm a happy user of X5. I bought it because it had grouping of layers and blend modes. Always thought the interface had too many steps, especially when you were trying to adjust something and needed a few iterations. So X6 is tempting with its better properties interface.

I'd like to clarify first about the text improvements mentioned on the website as...
Improved: Text Tool - Add text to your video projects easily using the improved text tool. Inserting and editing text is as easy as typing a letter!

Can someone say exactly what these improvements are? I've seen an extra button to enter captions/text objects and some reference to styles available in menus. Is there more to it than this?

Thanks,
Fergus
Old 25th April 2012, 08:08 AM   #57
jennifersjschreer

jennifersjschreer is on a distinguished road

Hello all
My name is Jennifer Schreers
I am 46 and am just finishing my second year of my HND photography.
Before this I studied A level photoshop (media Imaging)
I am 2nd photographer for a wedding photographer and have now been with him for just over a year
I really enjoy weddings although I lead to believe college & uni's are not to keen on wedding photographers.
I feel you cover portrait photography,landscape, advertising,fashion,macro,architecture,car and street photography, just to name a few
Some of the student's and clients friends I meet think it's an easy job to do it can be very enjoyable but I don't think its easy as some think, and while your getting ribbed by a butch of lads you just have to laugh back at yourself.
I enjoy learning and I hope I can give some info back too...

Thankyou for allowing me to join
Old 25th April 2012, 08:10 AM   #58
jennifersjschreer

Thankyou for allowing me to join
Old 25th April 2012, 08:10 AM   #59
jennifersjschreer

I have no basic knowledge of photographer. How can i get online help on photographer?
Old 25th April 2012, 08:11 AM   #60
jennifersjschreer

I need Many many photographer online. and learn.Its easy.