Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > MoviePlus

Notices

MoviePlus Questions about using MoviePlus for video editing

Old 5th March 2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Simon Monahan

Simon Monahan is on a distinguished road
Default Serif launches MoviePlus X6

Hello everyone!

Serif is delighted to announce the launch of MoviePlus X6. Described as ‘High Definition Video Editing Made Easy,’ MoviePlus X6 makes creating and sharing professional quality movies easier and less time consuming than ever before.

Some of the new great features and improvements in this latest version include:
  • IMPROVED! User Interface
    MoviePlus’ interface has been streamlined with new look Media, Properties and Galleries panes for an improved workflow. The Properties pane is now the primary interface, ahead of the timeline, for adding effects and adjustments. This now means that keyframes can be added and managed via this pane.
  • NEW! QuickMovie Studio
    Create fantastic movies quickly and easily in MoviePlus X6’s QuickMovie Studio. There are 20 customisable QuickMovie themes to choose from, each containing animated backgrounds, titles, credits, pre-set transitions & effects, music, plus a matching DVD menu template. Simply choose a theme, import the media you want to use, personalise your QuickMovie with your own text, and click ‘Finish’; in seconds MoviePus will automatically create a polished movie. QuickMovie themes are great for family events like birthdays, holidays, weddings and Christmas.
  • NEW! Colour and Lighting Adjustments
    Make video and images look even better with new colour and lighting adjustments to correct exposure, white balance, shadows, vibrancy and more.
  • NEW! 3D Transform Adjustment
    MoviePlus X6’s new 3D transform adjustment allows you to rotate and move the position of a video clip or image in three dimensions. Use it to add new perspective to your movies!
  • NEW! AVCHD Progressive Export
    Movie editors with an AVCHD Progressive camcorder can now enjoy movies in the highest quality! MoviePlus X6 supports AVCHD export at 1080p 50 (or 60) fps, great for enjoying movies on full HD TVs.
  • NEW! Video File Converter
    MoviePlus’ new Video File Converter makes light work of file conversion. It allows the conversion of an individual file, or a group of files, from one video format to another quickly and easily, without having to export video from MoviePlus’ Storyboard or Timeline. Select the ‘Convert Video Files’ option from MoviePlus’ Startup Wizard.
  • IMPROVED! Export Presets
    Export movies for playback on your favourite gadgets and video sharing sites! The range of export presets in MoviePlus has been updated, with latest support for iPod®, iPad®, Playstation® Vita and Android™ devices. There are now export presets for Vimeo too.
  • NEW! Upload directly to Facebook
    Share your video memories with friends and family by uploading your movies directly to Facebook® from within MoviePlus X6.
  • IMPROVED! Menu Designer Text Styles
    Artistic text styles in MoviePlus are now available to select and use in the software’s Menu Designer.
Please visit the following pages to learn more about MoviePlus X6 and see example videos created using the software:
MoviePlus Home Page
MoviePlus Overview video

Last edited by Patrick Connor; 5th March 2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 5th March 2012, 02:10 PM   #2
MikeR

MikeR is a glorious beacon of lightMikeR is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Serif launches MoviePlus X6

For me, this looks like a disappointing set of new features. In particular, I would have liked to see a 5.1 sound capability, better authoring and some smart rendering.

Medion MD8833 with Intel Q6600 + 3GB. Win 7 64 Ultimate SP1.

Old 5th March 2012, 02:38 PM   #3
pigolato

pigolato is on a distinguished road

Not a good start- downloaded the new version- imported some HD camcorder clips- got the message- "contacting unlock server", then an error dialog box-
"The product key has been used too often. Please contact customer service"!!!
hmmm.....
Old 5th March 2012, 02:40 PM   #4
pigolato

and it's in an endless loop- can't get out of programme....
Old 5th March 2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Jon White
Serif Europe Limited

Jon White will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigolato View Post
Not a good start- downloaded the new version- imported some HD camcorder clips- got the message- "contacting unlock server", then an error dialog box-
hmmm.....
Thanks for letting us know about this, we're looking into it now.
Old 5th March 2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Gordon L

Gordon L is on a distinguished road

I think the feature set looks like a solid improvement, particularly the new interface. The quick movie feature looks like a very good way for getting started with video editing.
I found Vegas challenging but I guess we all like what we get used to.
Old 5th March 2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Jon White
Serif Europe Limited

Jon White will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigolato View Post
hmmm.....
This was caused by a problem with the unlock server, which has now been fixed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 5th March 2012, 03:44 PM   #8
pigolato

Confirmed fixed.
Confidence restored
Old 5th March 2012, 04:47 PM   #9
TickleOnTheTum

TickleOnTheTum is an unknown quantity at this point

Considering all the problems with DrawPlusX5, there's no way I'm rushing to buy this or anymore new versions of software from Serif. This is obviously why none of DPX5's bugs were fixed, they were to busy trying to get this ready for launch to make more money...
Old 6th March 2012, 05:13 PM   #10
richosr

richosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud of

Cant't believe it! Just bought Movieplus X5 from a promo email I was recently sent, now they want me upgrade to X6 for an additional £40! Don't think so Serif!
Old 6th March 2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Elrast

Elrast is just really niceElrast is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by richosr View Post
Cant't believe it! Just bought Movieplus X5 from a promo email I was recently sent, now they want me upgrade to X6 for an additional £40! Don't think so Serif!
For those customers who are within their money back guarantee period, I would advise them to contact our Customer Support team wherein an arrangement can be made with regards to the upgrade to the latest version.
I note from our records that you purchased MoviePlus X5 in November in response to an e-mail offer. As such, you are very likely out of the return/refund period.
As an existing owner of MoviePlus X5, we would very much like you to consider the latest version, hence advising you of the upgrade price just after the product has been released. We appreciate, however that not everyone will wish to upgrade to the latest version, and you are under no obligation to do so.
Senior QA Testing Engineer
Old 7th March 2012, 12:43 AM   #12
dim
Advanced Member

dim is on a distinguished road

any mkv / flv support yet?
Opera 12a, Firefox 10a, Internet Explorer 10a
Webplus X5, Movieplus X5, Pageplus X3, Photoplus X4, Drawplus X4
Old 7th March 2012, 07:44 AM   #13
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richosr View Post
Are you saying that Serif should not be allowed to promote their current version?

Old 7th March 2012, 11:47 AM   #14
Gordon L

Gordon L is on a distinguished road

It can be galling when a new version arrives soon after one's shelled out for software but I can't see what can be done other than the discount that Serif offer to registered users. I think they're generally a fair and helpful company to deal with - certainly I've found them so.
Hope you get a good deal, richosr if you decide to upgrade.

Last edited by Gordon L; 7th March 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 7th March 2012, 12:03 PM   #15
Greyfox
Expert

Greyfox is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
any mkv / flv support yet?
As far as I know the situation re licencing of legal codecs for flv in particular hasn't changed so it's not supported out of the box, but like MvPX5 before it, you can still install 3rd party flv codecs and MvPX6 will then allow you to import that format.
Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX-560 (1GB), Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Canon 8400F scanner, Brother HL-2270DW Mono Laser, Brother MFC-J825DW Multifunction, Sony SLT-A57 and Canon IXUS-110IS cameras, Sony DCR-HC96E Video Camera. PagePlus X7,X8 MoviePlus X5,X6 PhotoPlus X7,X8, DrawPlus X6,X8
Old 8th March 2012, 02:22 PM   #16
dim
Advanced Member

dim is on a distinguished road

yeh, its mkv is the crunch one for me. Its an open format so incorporating it shouldnt be an issue, although granted its still not a common format for most users. More associated with pvr's and the like that video cameras etc. 90% of what i deal with is mkv sadly. Have to re-encode prior to using MP
Opera 12a, Firefox 10a, Internet Explorer 10a
Webplus X5, Movieplus X5, Pageplus X3, Photoplus X4, Drawplus X4
Old 8th March 2012, 02:37 PM   #17
Greyfox
Expert

Greyfox is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
yeh, its mkv is the crunch one for me. Its an open format so incorporating it shouldnt be an issue, although granted its still not a common format for most users. More associated with pvr's and the like that video cameras etc. 90% of what i deal with is mkv sadly. Have to re-encode prior to using MP
You might consider http://shark007.net/
That codec pack supports both flv and mkv.
Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX-560 (1GB), Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Canon 8400F scanner, Brother HL-2270DW Mono Laser, Brother MFC-J825DW Multifunction, Sony SLT-A57 and Canon IXUS-110IS cameras, Sony DCR-HC96E Video Camera. PagePlus X7,X8 MoviePlus X5,X6 PhotoPlus X7,X8, DrawPlus X6,X8
Old 9th March 2012, 04:47 PM   #18
diabless6

diabless6 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

This version, it takes you support files:. SRT. ACC ... for subtitles ?
Can we, import subtitle files ? With the alignment options, color, font ..?

thank you
Old 10th March 2012, 05:21 AM   #19
music400

music400 is on a distinguished road

I buy movies x6 but with HD video image lague therefore very dificult to make a montage video
Old 11th March 2012, 06:46 PM   #20
Klemperer

Klemperer is on a distinguished road

I was a very happy Movieplus X3 user, had a few problems with X5 (mainly exporting self-made files to a DVD-image, X5 crashed more often than X3), and am considering buying X6. I guess there is/willl be an opportunity to demo the latest version before purchase ?
In particular I really like the upgrade possibilities Serif offers. Think how expensive Vegas is, or how expensive photoshop were (my girlfriend constantly uses DrawPlus X4 and PhotoPlusX3, old, but perfectly working on her very old pc^^) - really, I am a most satisfied customer. I know a lot of audio-software, and just can say the bugs in my Serif-software are not "0" - but so few that I can most of the time live with them. If they are ironed out, of course