Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > DrawPlus

Notices

DrawPlus Questions about using DrawPlus for vector graphics design

Old 25th February 2012, 04:58 PM   #1
rek

rek is on a distinguished road
Unhappy DrawPlus 4 - Unable to register software, no access to software

Hi,

Been trying to register my Drawplus 4 with the website. I can't run D4 even as an admin on my desktop, the current OS is Windows 7 though it worked on my older machine.
I get a registration key which I type in the regn wizard but it keeps going back to the previous menu. I tried using tab key as suggested in the product support to get it to move to 'next' but it is just stuck there.
Since its no longer fully supported, even the technical team returned my ticket with a polite sorry...
Any genius who can help me out?...please...

Last edited by Sarah W; 27th February 2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Version number in thread title corrected from X4 to 4.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Unable to register software, no access to software

Hi Rek,

I suspect that I might know why this problem is occurring. Judging by the Registration Code that you've been entering when you register, the product that you have is DrawPlus 4. That is a very old product (it was released in the 1990s) and we no longer distribute it. As such, it is not available in the product list on the Registration page of the website (the list starts at DrawPlus 7, see attached).

You've been choosing DrawPlus X4 from the product list when you've tried to register, which is not the same thing at all. After DrawPlus 8, the version numbering started using the new X format so after version 8, the versions were X2, X3, X4, X5. I think that because you've been choosing the wrong product, you've been getting the wrong Registration Key and that explains why the program won't accept it.

I've registered the product manually on your account, from this end I can choose DrawPlus 4 as the product. The Registration Number returned was 3821779 - try that and see if it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Serif Product Registration.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	30686  
Old 28th February 2012, 04:01 PM   #3
rek

rek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unable to register software, no access to software

I am so sorry Sarah for wasting your time and thanks for the response, really appreciate it.
The fault is entirely mine..I have been using one of the older CDs.
My brother uploaded Drawplus X4 (as you rightly pointed out) for me yesterday and its working fine.
Its so embarrassing, not being tech savvy. Have a nice day.
Apologise again.