Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 24th June 2010, 10:31 AM   #21
Mark Ingram
Serif Europe Limited

Mark Ingram is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 Patch Announcement (2.0.3)

Hi everyone, we've got crash reports from the export dialog on Windows7 and I'm currently looking into the problem.

Thanks,

Mark Ingram
DrawPlus and CraftArtist Project Manager

Reporting Software Issues To Serif
Old 28th June 2010, 02:41 PM   #22
Mark Ingram
Serif Europe Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurSteven View Post
Hi Everyone, any news yet why on some pc's running Windows7, DSA2 crashes whenever you select 'Export As Image' from the file menu?
Hi OurSteven, I've looked into the crash and it seems it is caused by either not being able to write to the temporary file, or an external application is cleaning up the temporary files after we've written them.

Is your harddrive full? What virus scanner / anti-malware are you using? What do you put on your page to make it crash when you goto file export?

Mark Ingram

Last edited by Mark Ingram; 28th June 2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 28th June 2010, 03:37 PM   #23
Mark Ingram
Serif Europe Limited

OurSteven, does this happen if you create a blank document, then go to file | export?

Mark Ingram

Old 28th June 2010, 11:48 PM   #24
OurSteven

OurSteven is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark,
Thanks so much for looking into this for me!

According to Windows explorer, I have 290 gigabytes free hard disk space.

If I start with a blank page, or insert a blank page then select file-export, neither the export as image or upload to daisytrail options are available. Only export as PDF is selectable.

I'm running Trend Micro AntiVirus Plus AntiSpyware 2010.
I've just disabled it & tried DSA2 again, but unfortunately it still crashes.
So can't think what could be causing either of those I'm afraid.

All I can say is whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be affecting DSA1,
which is still exporting to image without any problems.

Thanks,

Steve.
Old 30th June 2010, 02:18 PM   #25
Mark Ingram
Serif Europe Limited

Hi OurSteven, can you try creating a page with just 1 quickshape, or 1 brush stroke, or 1 piece of text, or 1 image etc. I'm trying to narrow down whether it's a particular type of object that is causing an issue, or it's just anything added to the page.

Mark Ingram

Old 30th June 2010, 10:56 PM   #26
OurSteven

OurSteven is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark,

I've just tried each of the above, each time the program still crashed.

One thing I've not mentioned on this forum b4 though, but have on the Daisytrail forum, is this...

If I select 'Send' from the file menu, DSA2 can successfully attach the document to an email as a .JPG file. So it appears DSA2 can save to an image.

Maybe it's Just the 'Export' dialog, or perhaps the export optimizer part of the program that's causing the crash? I don't know, just a thought.

Let me know if you'd like another crash report sending.

Steve.
Old 2nd July 2010, 05:24 PM   #27
elderflower

elderflower will become famous soon enough

Hi Folks,
what's the situation re patches for DSA2?
I'm running DSA 2.01.13, on Windows XP
I installed the .02 patch when it was released, and had my printer throw it's hand up in horror and go walkabout. Uninstalled said patch which restored things to 'normal'.
I followed lengthy discusions on the Daisytrail site in which many dsa users were having problems with the patches which made me back off from having anything to do with them!!
Things seem to have gone a bit quiet on the topic.
Question - is it now perfectly safe to install patch no 3, and can I just pile it on over patch no .01?
I don't want to miss out on anything good, on the other hand I do like a trouble free life!
Thanks for all your particitpation in our problems - that's what makes Serif a great place to be.
Annie

PS can we have Splats back in the Quickshapes, I used to used those so much. I know they are in the Galleries, but that ain't exactly Quick
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:21 PM   #28
pmcleod

pmcleod is on a distinguished road

Annie, as I understand it patch 3 was released on almost the same day as patch 2 and just fixes that bug. I certainly have patch 3 installed on win 7 home pre 32 running without issue that I can find

Webplus help and info, courtesy of mjh and others for the content www.foxhillers.com/webplus/
Old 3rd July 2010, 07:59 PM   #29
elderflower

elderflower will become famous soon enough

Thanks Pete
but if it just fixes that bug (non printing caused by installing patch2) - that bug is surely also fixed by uninstalling patch2 - or am I missing something here?

I'm pleased to note that you have no current issues, but i think I'll still go on the principle that if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. At the moment everything is hunky-dory, and as long as I'm not missing out on some fancy gadgets, or Splats addition to the Quick Shapes - I will sit tight for the mo.
Annie
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:51 PM   #30
pmcleod

pmcleod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderflower View Post
Thanks Pete
but if it just fixes that bug (non printing caused by installing patch2) - that bug is surely also fixed by uninstalling patch2 - or am I missing something here?

I'm pleased to note that you have no current issues, but i think I'll still go on the principle that if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. At the moment everything is hunky-dory, and as long as I'm not missing out on some fancy gadgets, or Splats addition to the Quick Shapes - I will sit tight for the mo.
Annie
Sorry I didn't specify it correct, patch 3 corrects tge printing bug and all the other patch 2 fixes, if you do an search for upgrades it will patch it correctly for all issues in patch 2 and the prining bug introduced by patch 2

Webplus help and info, courtesy of mjh and others for the content www.foxhillers.com/webplus/
Old 21st October 2010, 03:40 AM   #31
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I recently purchased DSA2 with the recent updates and patches. I am having the same problem with the Export to Image File crashing. Every single time I click Export to Image the whole program crashes and gives me an error report form. I have closed every running program and have plenty of hard drive space. I restarted my PC but still crashes every time. Export to PDF file works just fine, Uploading to Daisy Trail works fine too. I am currently running Windows Vista. I hope that this issue can be resolved too as it is extremely frustrating.
Old 25th October 2010, 02:39 PM   #32
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Hi PuddleJumper, welcome to the forums!

I don't know if we got anywhere with Steve's crashes in the end, I will try to find out. I have found your crash reports in our system and will pass them to the developers to look into.
Old 25th October 2010, 04:48 PM   #33
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Our developers hit a dead end with this last time, but after re-examining this issue they have been able to find the cause and a temporary solution. I have added a new Knowledge Base article containing the fix:
http://support.serif.com/KB/a295/tro...shes-when.aspx

Please let us know if this does not help.
Old 29th May 2011, 02:52 AM   #34
treacy

treacy is on a distinguished road

Hi: who can help me to install Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 CD? my computer always show the massege like the attachment.Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Image00003.bmp (195.7 KB, 98 views)
Old 20th August 2012, 09:24 PM   #35
anngilchrist

anngilchrist is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I am looking for Patch 2,0,1,13 (Feb 9.) I had to reinstall my operating system and also reinstalled Digital Scrapbook artist. When I opened an old file, it said that it needed this patch. I tried "Updating from the web," and it said that I have the current version. I also tried updating from the downloads page, and that didn't work.
My version is 1,5,1,52 (September 11.) Does the above Patch exist somewhere?
Thanks!
Ann Marie
Old 20th August 2012, 09:34 PM   #36
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngilchrist View Post
Hi,
I am looking for Patch 2,0,1,13 (Feb 9.) I had to reinstall my operating system and also reinstalled Digital Scrapbook artist. When I opened an old file, it said that it needed this patch. I tried "Updating from the web," and it said that I have the current version. I also tried updating from the downloads page, and that didn't work.
My version is 1,5,1,52 (September 11.) Does the above Patch exist somewhere?
Thanks!
Ann Marie
Hi Ann Mariee

It seems like you have Digital Scrapbook Artist and not Digital Scrapbook Artist 2.

It does not seem that there is a patch for your version.
Old 21st August 2012, 09:42 AM   #37
Sarah W
Expert

Hi Ann,

The file you are trying to load which was made in version 2.0.1.13, did you create that file or did someone else create it and give it to you? If you created that file then you need to run Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 to open and edit that file. At the moment you are opening Digital Scrapbook Artist 1 (although the shortcuts to it on your Start Menu or Desktop won't have the number "1" in their name) which is why you are getting the message that the file was made in a newer version, you are running an older version.

I hope that helps
Old 21st August 2012, 11:16 AM   #38
anngilchrist

anngilchrist is on a distinguished road

Sarah,
Thanks so much for your message. I has been a while since I have used the program (2010 when we created a profile to adopt our daughter) I created the file. The CD that I have is DA1. I don't have a CD for DA2.
Is it possible that I upgraded online and lost the file when I restored my computer?
If so, can I upgrade somehow at this point?
Ann Marie
Old 21st August 2012, 11:34 AM   #39
Sarah W
Expert

Hi Ann Marie,

I just checked your account and you bought a download version of DSA2 in March 2010, which explains why you don't have a CD for it. You purchased from our DaisyTrail website, which is the main place to go for our crafting products. If you still have that download file anywhere, you just need to double-click on it to install the program again. The file will be called ESDPK-BM02-14444-Setup.exe if that helps, you might be able to search for it on your computer.

If you don't have that file now, you will need to download it again. Go to www.daisytrail.com and log in. If you can't remember your username/password, click the Forgotten Password link to get them resent to you.

Once you've logged in, go to the My Profile menu in the top-right corner of the web page and choose Order History. Use the View More Orders list to view your orders from 2010. If the Download option is available for that order, click on it and see if you can download the file again.

If you see a button labelled "Why can't I download", click on that. Then where it says "If you need any further help with your download order, please contact us" click on the contact us link. Submit a ticket explaining that you want to download your product again and our Customer Support team will offer you a solution.

Once you have downloaded the file again, you should back it up somewhere (e.g. burn it onto a CD) so that you have a permanent copy of it should you ever need to install again in future.

I hope that helps