Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 5th December 2009, 12:10 PM   #21
Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Limited

Patrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digital Scrapbook Artist Patch Announcement (1.5.1)

Almi,
Is it the English version of the program you are using? If so where did you get it from, it may need a different patch. The auto-update suggestion you are on the latest version for your particular software makes me think it is either a special English version (needing a special patch making) or perhaps it is the German language version, for which there is no patch, sorry.
Old 5th December 2009, 09:15 PM   #22
Almi

Almi is on a distinguished road

It is the german version
Can you tell me if there's a patch planned for the german version and if there is there a way to change my version into a english one?

So long...
Old 5th December 2009, 09:58 PM   #23
Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Limited

Patrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Connor has a reputation beyond repute

Almi,
Sorry, I am not aware of any plans to patch the German version in the near future. It would require a considerable investment of time, because the software has changed so much between 1.0 and 1.5.

Perhaps Serif customer support would be able to help but I doubt it, because the German version is normally sold by Avanquest.
Old 16th February 2010, 11:15 PM   #24
Almi

Almi is on a distinguished road

Hey,

the funny thing is, Avanquest said, they are not developer, they are distribution and marketing.So they are not responsible for anything.

They told me that they cant help me. They also told, that I should ask here to maybe exchange my version into an english one...

I think i'll simply buy the full Version of DSA II.
(I am almost sure that i cant upgrade my german **** to 2.0.... Unfortunately)

So Long
Old 26th June 2010, 07:14 AM   #25
kushanu

kushanu is on a distinguished road

We now have live chat help for your DaisyTrail.com questions. Can't find it in the FAQ? Ask us directly
Old 26th August 2011, 01:06 PM   #26
EverMel

EverMel is on a distinguished road

Hi Patrick,

I just ran into the same problem. Bought the German version on amazona few montsh ago and am now running into the upgrading issue.
Is there a chance that I can exchange it for the English version? I really don't feel liek spending money on version when in fact I have barely used version 1 yet (need time to get a hang of it).

Thanks for your reedback!
Old 26th August 2011, 02:17 PM   #27
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Hi EverMel,

I'm afraid that 1.5 was never translated into German. I can't see a record of Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 being translated into German either, so it seems Avanquest didn't need any new versions for a while and have now moved onto to selling CraftArtist 1 (which is the upgrade from DSA2).

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you than that, certain products don't always get translated, depending on demand from our overseas partners.
Old 16th December 2011, 10:38 PM   #28
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbravo View Post
At the start of this place the immediate weblink to the spot is a submit of 5.76MB (whereas the offered dimension the spot is expected to be 57.3MB), and getting and managing this produces one (program to be fixed is not found or of the erroneous version) whereas the submit on the downloads available web page is 57.3MB and is applicable the spot properly. Is the immediate weblink incorrect?
Hi John and welcome to the Serif forums.

Have you tried going to Help > Update and see if your version of DSA2 needs the patch?

Have you had a chance to try out CraftArtist yet?
Old 16th December 2011, 10:46 PM   #29
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Hi John and welcome to the Serif forums.

Have you tried going to Help > Update and see if your version of DSA2 needs the patch?

Have you had a chance to try out CraftArtist yet?
Hiya Marilyn,

Does the following look at all familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
At the start of this thread the direct link to the patch is a file of 5.76MB (whereas the quoted size of the patch is supposed to be 57.3MB), and downloading and running this generates an error (program to be patched is not found or of the wrong version) whereas the file on the downloads page is 57.3MB and applies the patch correctly. Is the direct link incorrect?
Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)