Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 30th November 2011, 12:52 PM   #1
jcobb

jcobb is on a distinguished road
Default printing on purchased blank card

I purchased blank cards sized 4 x 5.5 inches. This is my first time using the premade blank cards on my Digital Scrapbook Artist. I can't get the printer settings correct to print the card. Do I need to set the paper size for 4x 5.5 or do I use 8 x 5.5 inches? I tried the 8 x 5.5 but it prints it all wrong. Can someone please help me with this?
J Cobb
Old 30th November 2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: printing on purchased blank card

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcobb View Post
I purchased blank cards sized 4 x 5.5 inches. This is my first time using the premade blank cards on my Digital Scrapbook Artist. I can't get the printer settings correct to print the card. Do I need to set the paper size for 4x 5.5 or do I use 8 x 5.5 inches? I tried the 8 x 5.5 but it prints it all wrong. Can someone please help me with this?
J Cobb
Is the card actually 4 X 5.5 or is that the FOLDED size? You need to tell the PRINTER what size of card you are using. If the folded size is 4 X 5.5 and you are putting the card into the printer opened out, then you need to tell the printer that the card is 8 X 5.5.

My printer always expects paper to be inserted in portrait mode, ie short side first, even if it is capable of taking the paper (card) in landscape mode. Even if the card is printed a different way, the printer (computer) will rotate the output if necessary to ensure that the card is produced correctly.

PS, I always print the card out on ordinary paper first, just to check it's printing correctly, so I don't waste the blanks.

Last edited by Meg; 30th November 2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add info
Old 5th December 2011, 10:02 AM   #3
siehorst

siehorst is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: printing on purchased blank card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
PS, I always print the card out on ordinary paper first, just to check it's printing correctly, so I don't waste the blanks.

plus
- printing greyscale
- fast printing mode and
- possibly disabled layers.
horst