Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 8th January 2007, 08:04 PM   #21
Swifty
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Actually put out ImpactPlus 6 with hotkeys.

I am disappointed to hear that I was mislead by a Serif sales associate on the upcoming release of ImpactPlus 6. There seems to be no anticipated upcoming release for this wonderful companion to MoviePlus.

MoviePlus and ImpactPlus have become the two Serif products that I use the most, as I generally use very High end graphics, vector and pagelayout software for those needs as my work requires it. I think all of Serifs products are generally very nice, however as my needs dictate MP and IP are the ones I mainly use. MoviePlus is a very capable program and I can use it professionally for most web based video applications. Impact plus is a great companion product for adding special effects. I have more advanced sfx programs but IP adds the ability to do many nice features without the complex interfaces of many of the other SFX programs.

Come on Serif don't give up on this. I haven't given up on you.

Swifty

Old 13th March 2007, 09:36 PM   #22
Swifty

Lightbulb Bezier for keyframe transitions.

It would be nice if it was possible to use a bezier transition at a keyframe for position. So instead of a sharp angle it was smoother curve.

Old 2nd April 2007, 05:55 AM   #23
Robin

Lightbulb Scrolling background

I want to be able to import a background which I can move up and down: it's a map which is two or three times as high as it is wide. As it is, ImpactPlus compresses it.

Old 2nd April 2007, 05:57 AM   #24
Robin

Lightbulb Vista Help

I hope Serif makes a help file which works with Vista! perhaps a patch.

Old 2nd April 2007, 12:57 PM   #25
steve

Lightbulb Re:*Vista Help

Windows Vista doesn't support the older winhlp32 files, but that doesn't mean you can't use them anymore.

You can download the windows help program from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6EBCFAD9-D3F5-4365-8070-334CD175D4BB&displaylang=en

Greetings,

Steve

Old 28th September 2007, 04:26 PM   #26
Twilight

Lightbulb Re:*more export options

Yes please... Export/Import to .3ds and .obj would be great. That way IP can be used in conjuction with other software such as poser 7 - thereby greatly increasing Impact Plus's versitility and market potential.

Twi

Old 28th November 2007, 05:59 PM   #27
Swifty

Lightbulb Actually release it.

The greatest improvement would be to release it. I see I posted 11 months ago and still nothing. IP is a great addition to MoviePlus. I might even be encouraged to upgrade DrawPlus and PhotoPlus with a positive integration of workflow into MoviePLus and ImpactPLus. But as it is I have sort of given up on Serif as a viable work solution.

With the success off MoviePlus, I would think that Serif could show the advantages of the addition of ImpactPlus, sort of like they did with the Mars movie they made some time back.

I'll keep checking back, but I will not be upgrading anything until Serif makes a statement on their intentions for ImpactPlus.

Swifty

Old 20th June 2008, 09:53 AM   #28
Paul L.

Lightbulb Re:Impact Plus 5 upgrade

I along with many hope that SERIF doesn't let go of IMPACT PLUS . Version 5 is so rich in real content and offers so much potential. I'm getting to know this product more and more.
Maybe IP 5 offers the chance to put in colour gradients, but I haven't found it. So, gradients is one item on my wish list for the upcoming version of Impact Plux X (something).

Thanks
Paul L. (a very satisfied Serif products user).

Old 24th November 2008, 06:26 PM   #29
Swifty

Come on Serif don't give up on this product. You just need to give it time to find it's place.

Adding some more After Effects like features would make it an even more useful companion to Movie Plus.

I am not going to let this die without a fight.

Swifty

Old 25th November 2008, 02:42 AM   #30
Andy H

I wonder if the person who originally worked on this is no longer working for Serif and no one else there knows how its programmed

Andy

Old 1st June 2009, 12:53 PM   #31
civiliza
Advanced Member

civiliza is well on the road to greatness
Default Editable Extrusions

Coming from a DrawPlus X3 direction, I have noticed that DPX3 can produce a type of 3D shape that is impossible with Impact Plus.

DrawPlus has the ability to sculpt the profile of an extrusion - essentially carving grooves around the side of the extrusion.

This allows objects like a ship's hull extruded from the shape of the deck. (see attached)

While I would dearly like to see ImpactPlus's features integrated into DrawPlus, this is a feature that is missing in ImpactPlus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ship Mk2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	3580  
Old 11th August 2010, 05:10 PM   #32
civiliza
Advanced Member

Default Re: IP6 enhancements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique Krem View Post
Actually the rotation center of an object or a group is always the center of this object or group. It would be nice to be able to move the rotation point to another position (like in DrawPlus, but in 3D).
Just discovered the lack of this. I agree because it is very difficult to build a skeletal system when the bones rotate around themselves instead of around their joints.
Old 11th August 2010, 05:22 PM   #33
civiliza
Advanced Member

Default Re: Hierarchical Animation Properties

It would be nice if animatable objects could have their own assignable animation property. A perfect example would be a shin bone that rotates on a path about the upper (ie knee) end of the bone.

Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to attach a second object at a fixed offset to the first and have it inherit the parent object's basic movement. So a foot attatched to the end of the shin bone would move when the end of the shin bone moves, but could then have it's own animation property where it would rotate about the ankle joint.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:55 PM   #34
civiliza
Advanced Member

Default Export A Partial Animation

Hey, I mentioned it in the ImpactPlus Forum, but since I now seem to be wishing fot the impossible, I might as well add it here for the record.

Since Particle Effects take time to establish, it would be very useful to be able to specify the start and end frames to be used when exporting an animation.
Old 17th March 2011, 09:16 PM   #35
Zigmeister

Zigmeister is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ImpactPlus 6 Wish List

Update it and start selling it again. Here are some images I sent to NASA. They found this concept , built in ImpactPlus 5.0, interesting enough to respond to my email. It took me about an hour to do this.

3D films and programming will grow in the next few years. My oldest grandson thinks IP is great. He will one day be an IP buyer - if IP is updated. Don't spoil his future, and don't sour your own 3D future, Serif.

If you can't upgrade this, build a new system altogether - based on similar characteristics, with the best of ideas added from the forum/s.

Don't make us go elsewhere, please.

Ziggy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera deployed.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	20832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera stored.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	20833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera tech.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	20834  

Last edited by Zigmeister; 17th March 2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 8th August 2011, 09:20 AM   #36
Hanna

some seems expensive, so the second suggestion is :cheap i think

Old 31st October 2011, 08:57 PM   #37
Zigmeister

Zigmeister is on a distinguished road

Response to Civiliza,

re this:
"Just discovered the lack of this. I agree because it is very difficult to build a skeletal system when the bones rotate around themselves instead of around their joints."

If you just loose-group them then you get this effect, but if you group them properly, into a single object (by pressing the 'three closed dots' button at the top of the page) you can move or rotate them to any position you want. Once you have them where and how you want, if you want them to be single objects again, just press the 'three open dots' button to release them all.
Alternatively, when they are still grouped as a single object, you can click through to the single/integrated other-group you might have created and move them singularly.
After that, you click off the whole lot and they join back as a single group again.

Of course, if you just mean the fact that any single selection rotates around it's centre, you're right, it is infuriating at time, and the Drawplus option of moving the centre would be brilliant.

Unfortunately, Serif seem to be deaf to fans of IP - or, if they aren't, and they do look at the forums, they ought to put a note saying they've looked - whether they do anything or not.

Zig

Last edited by Zigmeister; 31st October 2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Trying to make certain I'm not being patronising
Old 3rd November 2011, 05:13 PM   #38
civiliza
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigmeister View Post
If you just loose-group them then you get this effect, but if you group them properly, into a single object (by pressing the 'three closed dots' button at the top of the page) you can move or rotate them to any position you want. Once you have them where and how you want, if you want them to be single objects again, just press the 'three open dots' button to release them all.
The problem I was encountering was that if an object (or a group of objects) was selected and one of it's rotation values edited in the Status Panel, said rotation would take place around the centre of the object/group instead of an offset position equivalent to say the wrist joint if the object/group was a hand.

When speaking of a group this was independant of how the objects were initially grouped.

As I later pointed out in http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=78003, there is a long way around this that relies on the fact that once a group has been created, its nominal centre stays put even if the constituent objects are moved within the group.

The work around (as discovered by deekaybe) involves eg grouping a forearm and an upper arm into a single arm object, and then independantly moving the forearm and the upper arm within the group so that the ball part of the upper arm coincides with the nominal centre of the group. At this point, any Status Panel rotation changes on the arm group would correctly rotate about the ball of the upper arm.

Like I say though, this is a work around, and would not be necessary if the centre of rotation for an object or a group of objects could be edited/dragged around relative to the object/group.

Last edited by civiliza; 3rd November 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 7th November 2011, 04:32 AM   #39
chrsbrss

chrsbrss is infamous around these parts
Default Re: audio track in Impact Plus

I have been exporting the animation to video format and using Serif MoviePlus 3 or 5 to add the audio. Currently working on a short animation video to post up on youtube. Hope to have it out by Christmas