Notices

MontagePlus/PopArtPlus MontagePlus/PopArtPlus

Old 18th December 2005, 10:08 AM   #1
MarkDym
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Suggestions

Hello

I would like to see the following enhancements made to montageplus:

Make the creation process more intuitive - I had no idea what was happening with this.

The 1 2 3 process could be:

1 - select the 'montage' image
2 - select the folder and/or images that you wish to use to create the montage
3 - create the montage

My first try at this resulted in an entirely unexpected set of images being used for the montage. I assumed that the images from the folder the original 'montage' image was located in would be used. It seems that there are 'image collections'???? that can be used??? How do you create your own image collection? Also, is there a limit to the number of images that can be used to create a montage? Does the user have to use a imc file? Can more than one imc file be used to create a montage?

BUT - the big question is: Can you use a set of images (jpg, bmp), to create a montage or must you first create an image collection (*.imc) file?? I am very confused.

When I purchased this product I was under the impression that I would be able to specify a collection of *.jpg's, *.bmps etc and create a montage from them - this does not seem to be the case.

Am I being a complete twit? If so, can a montageplus guru please offer assistance with this?

Old 18th December 2005, 10:22 AM   #2
MarkDym

Lightbulb I am a twit

I am a twit. Sorry. I have just discovered how to create a new imc collection.

Old 18th December 2005, 11:06 AM   #3
MarkDym

Lightbulb Re:I am a twit

OK, maybe I am being a twit, but when I click New, and then click Add, I select a folder that contains 1000 images. MontagePlus then works for a short while, but (and I have tried this several times), it only ever adds 3 images from the folder.

The montage.pdf file says that clicking on a folder will add the contents of that folder. Are there too many images in the folder?

Old 20th December 2005, 11:28 PM   #4
MarkDym

Is anyone in the know reading this????

Old 22nd December 2005, 02:20 PM   #5
MickG

Mark, I've done several montages and they show far more than three pictures. No idea why yours wouldn't do the same.

Old 22nd December 2005, 03:55 PM   #6
Gareth

It will use all the images - I can't say what sort of volumes I've tried personally though. The results you're getting may be due to the main image used having few colours in it and causing too few close matches for a larger variety of images to be found. To expand a little with an example, if your 1000 images are all very dark except 10, which are very pale and your main image is of a glacier, then the software would probably only use those 10 lighter images to create the montage.

Regards,
Gareth Morris
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Old 23rd December 2005, 12:15 PM   #7
MarkDym

Thanks for the replies. I am using images which are very similar to the image that I want to create a montage of. The original image is a screenshot from a game and shows a 'Boss' and is set in a deep pit which has stone ruins within it. All the other shots are taken from this same 'Boss' environment.

Maybe an uninstall and reinstall is required?

Old 27th December 2005, 06:28 PM   #8
MarkDym

I am still not having any luck creating image collections. Is there a limit to the number of images that can be added to a collection?

Please let me know. So far this software is not being very useful.

Old 27th December 2005, 06:40 PM   #9
'Awful Punster'

Mark,

I don't have MontagePlus so I can't test your theory about there being a limit to the number of images that can be added, but I would have thought you could test it easily enough yourself by moving half the images into another folder.

Alfred

Click here to visit my Serif-related pages http://serif.awfulpunster.info' onMo..."";return true

Old 28th December 2005, 08:36 AM   #10
MarkDym

Yes - but surely the developers can answer this question.

Old 28th December 2005, 09:58 AM   #11
Dave P

I have MP but not currently installed. I have neveer encountered a problem with the number of images myself.

>>> Yes - but surely the developers can answer this question. <<<

Have you emailed Serif support? This forum is primarily for peer to peer support, though Serif people do often visit here.

Dave

Old 29th December 2005, 01:37 PM   #12
Gareth

I'm affraid that the developer behind MontagePlus is no longer with us to check with, but the largest image source I have is 324 - this imports just fine. Perhaps your particlar folder has a corrupt image that causes the process to fail?

Regards,
Gareth Morris
Serif (Europe) Ltd.