Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 30th June 2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Harmony

Harmony is on a distinguished road
Angry Print Button

I inserted a print button on a page. It shows up when I preview, but when I convert to a pdf it is gone! I wanted the reader to be able to click on and print just that page. Any ideas as to why the button does not show up in the pdf?
Old 30th June 2014, 03:31 PM   #2
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Print Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
I inserted a print button on a page. It shows up when I preview, but when I convert to a pdf it is gone! I wanted the reader to be able to click on and print just that page. Any ideas as to why the button does not show up in the pdf?
Just a reminder that this forum will be closing permanently sometime today, so you might want to re-post this question at Serif's CommunityPlus, or over at FullyPixel, where a lot of forum regulars have congegated.
Old 30th June 2014, 04:32 PM   #3
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in NWArkansas View Post
Just a reminder that this forum will be closing permanently sometime today, so you might want to re-post this question at Serif's CommunityPlus, or over at FullyPixel, where a lot of forum regulars have congegated.
Or rather, tomorrow, but either way there isn't much time available for any followup discussion in this thread.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 30th June 2014, 04:38 PM   #4
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

The "new" Serif forum:

https://community.serif.com/forum/

Or, seeing how this forum is actually still working...

Harmony, how did you create the button? Is it the Form Print Button from the Insert menu, Form Field, Button, Print Button?

Did you Publish to PDF and choose Acrobat 9 (PDF 1.7) in the Compatibility tab? Also, if you want to limit the print automatically to just a particular page, then you will need to inform users to click the appropriate Current Page setting in the print dialog or script a button to only print the current page. I just let users figure that part out or put a note on the PDF below the print button.

Mike
Old 30th June 2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Harmony

Thanks! Had no idea it was closing.
Old 30th June 2014, 05:30 PM   #6
Harmony

Thanks, I did use the correct button for print, but not the Acrobat 9 and pdf 1.7 compatibility. I thought it was a problem with the x7 version. I have the latest Acrobat, so surprised I have to do this. I joined the Fully Pixel website, so hope to see you guys there.

Another problem I am having with x7 is that I can't figure out how to remove a shadow! No problem with x6, but can't find it on 7.
Old 30th June 2014, 05:46 PM   #7
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

I won't be at FullyPixel. It's been hard enough keeping up on both Serif's forums. While I would like to see CommunityPlus continue to mature, it is pretty quick for me to navigate and still offer aid.

For the drop shadow, I simply select the object, click on the drop shadow tool and click on Remove Shadow at the left of the context toolbar.

It also shows up in the Effects panel and I have that panel AutoHide. So if I select the object then move my mouse over the the right-side of the window over the Effects Tab (which is where I have the FX/Effects tab), then it slides open and I can click on the filled-in checkbox which will also remove the drop shadow.
Old 30th June 2014, 11:35 PM   #8
Harmony

I have to be the dumbest person on earth! I had no trouble in x6 doing this, but I can't get it to do what you said in 7. I click on the object hat has the shadow, and then go to the shadow button and even if I right click it, I can't see any of the things you said. No remove shadow button. I don't see in the effects panel either. Honestly, it was easy before, but I can not find it! Can you take a snap shot and show my what you are doing?
Old 1st July 2014, 12:23 AM   #9
MikeW

Here ya go...I also see you posted on CP, so for the sake of that being the new forum beginning tomorrow, I'll repost there too.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture-001583.png
Views:	191
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	47824   Click image for larger version

Name:	capture-001584.png
Views:	174
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	47825