Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 27th June 2014, 10:19 AM   #1
Just Wondering
Advanced Member

Just Wondering is on a distinguished road
Default Well i can only say !!!!! BUT WHY !!!!!

Hi All , I must admit I have not been on the forums in a fair while , but I do stop by and I always enjoy looking at peoples new sites and designs etc , But please tell me when was it announced that Serif was closing down the forums !!!! surely it is madness , the amount of wealth and experience on these forums is immense and I am sure if a user called customer services with any of the queries that are posted on this forum , they would not have a clue how to fix the problem or how to help out a everyday user of Webplus.....this forum and its people are irreplaceable !!!!!!

I can only assume based on the anger that Webplus x7 produced that quite simply Serif do not like the forum posts lingering in Google at all the issues and problems with their unfinished beta test release to the public....

Thank you to all that have helped , your help has been invaluable in helping me and my confidence in been able to use the package .....shame on Serif

So when is the final day !!! is there going to be a leaving party for all users ?!?!

Paul , Leeds West Yorkshire U.K
Old 27th June 2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Well i can only say !!!!! BUT WHY !!!!!

Community Plus was launched over a year ago. The closure of these forums was almost inevitable ever since — Serif Staff could not spare the time to maintain two forums — and was formally announced about a month ago. The forum will remain open as a searchable archive for as long as it is needed. It will close to new posts at the end of June.

WebPlus Help is easily available from most of the usual helpers in Community Plus. There is also Fully Pixel for more detailed discussion.

Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27th June 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 27th June 2014, 12:10 PM   #3
Just Wondering
Advanced Member

Just Wondering is on a distinguished road

ooooh , so they are closing down one , but they have opened a new one , well that is not so bad i guess , i hope all the current memebers sign up and use the new forum , there help in important.

Paul , Leeds West Yorkshire U.K
Old 27th June 2014, 12:47 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Wondering View Post
i hope all the current memebers sign up and use the new forum
Several of the regular members here have posted to the CP forum quite frequently, but others have posted either very infrequently or not at all. I don't think we can assume that this will change once these forums are closed to new posts.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 27th June 2014, 01:35 PM   #5
mcclen

mcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to behold

I have decided to use the Fully Pixel forum as my home base as have many other regulars from here, some also visit the Serif Comm+ forum, others don't.

I didn't sign up at Comm+ because I don't like reading threads that lack continuity, I have heard it has improved a little in that regards, but for now I'm happy at Fully Pixel.
Old 27th June 2014, 02:47 PM   #6
Archibald
Master

Archibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Wondering View Post
. . . . . I hope all the current members sign up and use the new forum , their help in important.
I am not signing up to Community Plus. Like many other regulars here, I am moving over to Fully Pixel.
Old 27th June 2014, 03:57 PM   #7
grovesie

grovesie has much to be proud ofgrovesie has much to be proud ofgrovesie has much to be proud of

I am another that won't be signing up for Community Plus, but as Bhikkhu Pesala so touchingly put it...

Quote:
There's nothing much wrong with CP. If you don't like it, then don't go there. We will get along just fine without you.
If you do go to Community Plus you'll obviously be in good hands

Steve
Old 27th June 2014, 05:15 PM   #8
splatter

splatter has a spectacular aura about

...off to FP to join the anzacs....may the fleas of a thousand alpacas/camels/llamas infest the armpits of whoever decided to dispense with this forum..so there! (poking tongue out)
Old 27th June 2014, 08:38 PM   #9
Alex

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
I am not signing up to Community Plus. Like many other regulars here, I am moving over to Fully Pixel.
Love your Avatar Archibald, somewhat fitting...