Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 23rd June 2014, 03:18 AM   #1
KeyWestDan

KeyWestDan is on a distinguished road
Default Page templates

Is there a place to download templates?

Or is there a template I could get for a booklet. 8.5x11 sheets folded in half, but with that split into two signatures, so I can collate the them, stitch them and then cut them apart. Something like 12 page. So I have booklets 5.5 x 4.25.

Thank you.
Old 23rd June 2014, 04:20 AM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Page templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestDan View Post
Is there a place to download templates?

Or is there a template I could get for a booklet. 8.5x11 sheets folded in half, but with that split into two signatures, so I can collate the them, stitch them and then cut them apart. Something like 12 page. So I have booklets 5.5 x 4.25.

Thank you.
See if there is a template here that suits your objective.

http://www.serif.com/freedownloads/freecontent/
Old 23rd June 2014, 04:30 AM   #3
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

Make your publication at the desired cut size. Publish to PDF.

Download this application. It will do what you desire. It's a "poor man's" imposition software for PDFs. I have used it for years (as well as several applications from these developers/publishers).

http://www.a-pdf.com/n-up-page/index.htm

It will run as a trial. If you find it does what you need (it will) then it is only $27 USD. It will create your imposed PDF. There really isn't great documentation and you will likely need to try a few combinations of settings to get it right.

Mike
Old 23rd June 2014, 04:32 AM   #4
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Not that I know of. I presume you are intending to print this on your home printer, not have it printed professionally.

You would have to set up a side fold booklet on portrait Letter paper size, and place two of the quarter Letter size pages on each half Letter size page on screen.

These 12 pages - is that 12 quarter Letter pages or 24 quarter Letter pages? If the former your would have to set up as an 8 page booklet with pages 1-8 in the top halves, and pages 9-12 on the bottom halves of pages 1-4 (or 5-8) to get the imposition right. If the latter, set up as a 12 page booklet and put pages 1-12 at the tops and pages 13-24 at the bottoms.

Geoff