Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 21st May 2014, 09:01 PM   #101
kenfhill84083

kenfhill84083 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DrawPlus X7 Wishlist

picking between line and fill in color/swatch tabs.

One of my biggest time-wasters is clicking on the overlapping line/fill selectors at the top left of the color and swatch tabs. I have to slow way down so I'm clicking on the correct part of this overlapping icon.

I hope DPx7 will look more like PagePlus x7 (see image) I realize the difference between DP and PP might require some kind of adaptation but it is much easier for me to see if these icons are separated rather than overlapping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PPx7 color tab.gif
Views:	486
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	47528  
Old 26th May 2014, 09:23 PM   #102
coastalguy

coastalguy is on a distinguished road
Default Compass Headings

I use the DrawPlus program to map out my Flight Simulator maps between airports and VOR's. One option that would help me considerably (and which I could not find), is when drawing lines, that the actual compass direction being draw displayed somewhere (ie drawing a horizontal line from left to right would show 90 degrees). An additional nice option would be to be able to enter in the magnetic variation for the area being drawn and a plus/minus option for the variation being east or west. For instance, on the east coast of the US (New York), the magnetic north is 14 degrees west of true north. A lot to ask for both, but just having the true north degrees would be very helpful.
Old 29th May 2014, 09:44 AM   #103
ravells

ravells is on a distinguished road

The ability to import multiple images into the gallery from file explorer would speed up my work flow considerably.

The option to keep all gallery objects, brushes, palletes, bitmap fills etc when upgrading to a new version of drawplus.
Old 30th May 2014, 06:01 AM   #104
AlexiHelligar

AlexiHelligar is on a distinguished road

It would be great if DrawPlus worked with open source operating systems, and handled SVG files from Inkscape better. Because of these two problems, I am drifting away from using it.
Old 30th May 2014, 11:38 AM   #105
Peejay

Peejay has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiHelligar View Post
It would be great if DrawPlus worked with open source operating systems, and handled SVG files from Inkscape better. Because of these two problems
Are you saving it as a plain SVG or an Inkscape SVG? Create a new forum post about the issue you're having and we can try help.
Old 8th June 2014, 04:02 PM   #106
Andy

Andy is on a distinguished road

Now that I have been introduced to the world of 3D printing it would be nice if we could output in the stl format.

Andy
Old 11th June 2014, 01:38 AM   #107
kenfhill84083

kenfhill84083 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfhill84083 View Post
picking between line and fill in color/swatch tabs.

One of my biggest time-wasters is clicking on the overlapping line/fill selectors at the top left of the color and swatch tabs. I have to slow way down so I'm clicking on the correct part of this overlapping icon.
After using Inkscape a little, I wish DrawPlus would adopt Inkscape's quick method for color selection.

If you left-click on a color in the palette, the color is used for the fill. If you shift-left-click, the color is used for the stroke or line.

After fussing with DP's overlapping line/fill icons, Inkscape's method is much faster and easier and less frustrating.

I'm not suggesting totally replacing the current method, only adding another, alternative option.
Old 11th June 2014, 02:31 AM   #108
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfhill84083 View Post
After using Inkscape a little, I wish DrawPlus would adopt Inkscape's quick method for color selection.

If you left-click on a color in the palette, the color is used for the fill. If you shift-left-click, the color is used for the stroke or line...
Xara products are a little easier yet for fills and line colors. Left click on a swatch fills, right click on a swatch sets the line color.

With version 9, it introduced yet other options when gradients are used, as well as objects are grouped (it asks which color to replace via a pop-up showing the swatches).
Old 17th June 2014, 01:41 PM   #109
Naz
Expert

Naz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant futureNaz has a brilliant future

Can we have a "mirror mode", essentially a live flip horizontally so it's easier to create symmetrical objects. Many times when I am creating objects I do one side and then copy, paste in place, flip horizontally and then group/combine to get the whole object.

iPlus360.com || Free downloads || Free PHP script generator
If someone's answer helped, please give them a Positive Reputation vote (second icon bottom left of person)