Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 6th March 2014, 11:31 PM   #121
Pedrober

Pedrober is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PagePlus X8 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
Support for OpenType Glyph Positioning (GPOS)

What is GPOS, and why is it important?
  1. Adobe fonts use GPOS for kerning data, and they don't have any kerning tables. So, if you use Adobe fonts in PagePlus, you cannot use Automatic kerning,
  2. Other OpenType features in some fonts can make use of Glyph Positioning to move superscripts, subscripts, denominators or numerators in fractions to the correct vertical position. These features also won't work. Example script for Case-sensitive Forms
  3. The Developers of FontCreator are working hard to support GPOS in the future. I understand that it is vital for Arabic, Hebrew, and Asian fonts.
Very important!
Old 10th March 2014, 10:28 AM   #122
Gary the Confused

Gary the Confused is on a distinguished road

1) Figure captioning – adding Figure numbers that increment and update as you create additional Figures or add/delete figures at various points. Ability to create a list of figures. Cross-referencing Figures. All these can be done at the moment but are a real pain to do as you have to either create styles or endnotes and then link frames, etc. Inserting additional captions is a pain as the story containing the Figure list has to be re-ordered, etc. I create large Family History books that contain ToCs, Indexes, References (using endnotes), cross-references and Figures. PP X7 can do a lot of this but not all.

2) Ability to place endnotes anywhere in the document without having to link text frames. I want to have all my references (i.e. end notes) in one place but that can only be done by linking all the relevant text frames together (including the ones I have to create for Figures) which is a real pain. If you could create endnotes at “last page of document” or “create special endnote text frame” or something then you could have all your endnotes in the same place irrespective of the text frame sequence they were in. The current functionality of having separate sets of endnotes for different sets of linked frames would obviously remain but this would be a very useful additional option.
Old 13th March 2014, 10:36 PM   #123
lewaw

lewaw is on a distinguished road

Add overprint for vector and bitmaps.
Actually we have overprints only for black in pdf publish window.
Multiply mode is not solution, because in old pdf 1.3, Pdf/x-1a is not supported.
It is important for project where there is defined area for varnish. Printing need layers with area for varnish with overprint.
Old 17th March 2014, 05:12 AM   #124
MCC

MCC is on a distinguished road

Import excel spreadsheets or .csv directly into a project to enable the production of a chart.

Increase the chart options : eg be able to separate the segments of a pie chart
Old 17th March 2014, 07:09 AM   #125
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC View Post
Import excel spreadsheets or .csv directly into a project to enable the production of a chart.

Increase the chart options : eg be able to separate the segments of a pie chart
For your second request, use Convert to Curves.

Geoff
Old 11th April 2014, 12:17 AM   #126
kenfhill84083

kenfhill84083 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
Running Headers • Headers change automatically to match the first or last heading on a page.
The whole list is useful. I agree especially with this one.
Old 11th April 2014, 12:18 AM   #127
kenfhill84083

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Integral image captions (as part of the image frame), configurable as to which side it is placed.
Agree
Old 11th April 2014, 12:51 AM   #128
kenfhill84083

I'd like to be able to create a shape and let PagePlus fill it with a word cloud (see http://www.zazzle.com/united_states_...67330848027224 for an example).

I'd like to be able to point to a spreadsheet that had columns for words, size, color, font -- and Let PagePlus fill the shape.

Alternatively, if PP could just generate artistic text frames from the list of words in the right fonts, sizes, and colors -- that would give me a head start to dragging them around, placing them as best I could.

[edit] After posting I thought this would be a better fit for DrawPlus and posted in that wishlist.

Last edited by kenfhill84083; 11th April 2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: suggestion better suited for DrawPlus wishlist
Old 11th April 2014, 12:59 AM   #129
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfhill84083 View Post
I'd like to be able to create a shape and let PagePlus fill it with a word cloud (see http://www.zazzle.com/united_states_...67330848027224 for an example).

I'd like to be able to point to a spreadsheet that had columns for words, size, color, font -- and Let PagePlus fill the shape.

Alternatively, if PP could just generate artistic text frames from the list of words in the right fonts, sizes, and colors -- that would give me a head start to dragging them around, placing them as best I could.
Wouldn't it be simpler to let the Tagxedo Creator (Silverlight app) do the work for you?

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 11th April 2014, 01:19 AM   #130
kenfhill84083

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Wouldn't it be simpler to let the Tagxedo Creator (Silverlight app) do the work for you?
That's almost what I'd want -- thanks for the link. But I cannot figure out how to force it to make my important words bigger than less important words. Plus, the shapes seem a bit limited, although I suppose a subscription might let me upload shapes.
Old 11th April 2014, 07:16 AM   #131
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfhill84083 View Post
That's almost what I'd want -- thanks for the link. But I cannot figure out how to force it to make my important words bigger than less important words. Plus, the shapes seem a bit limited, although I suppose a subscription might let me upload shapes.
This is way off the need for a desktop publishing program. Just generate a bitmap or whatever, and import it into PagePlus

The way that these apps work is to size the words based on their frequency in the text source. If a word is more important to you, copy and paste it a few times into the text stream that you send to the word cloud generator.

Wordle is another one to try.