Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > MoviePlus

Notices

MoviePlus Questions about using MoviePlus for video editing

Old 21st March 2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold
Default Let's see your MvP produced movie

I'll be the first. As a long-time owner of MvP5, which sat in the drawer until about 3 weeks ago, I consider myself a total newbie at this. However, with a background in broadcasting, MvPX6 has given me a path to document the 5-year old riding accident of my stepdaughter and her struggles with a Traumatic Brain Injury. That's a much longer term work in progress.

To begin the process of cutting my teeth, I put together the following from still photos taken last year at our annual "Rotarian At Work" day in Lake Arrowhead. We team up with local contractors and take on the repair of about a dozen area homes, where the owners are either too old or don't have the funds to do repairs themselves. It's always a fun and well supported community event.

No video in this one, as the pictures are from April of 2011, when I had not yet learned how to spell M-V-P, of any version.

Not posted for critical review....just thought you might enjoy, and that it might hopefully inspire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-lxkvi77AM

Lon "ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille" in California

Last edited by Lon in NWArkansas; 22nd March 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 22nd March 2012, 01:44 AM   #2
vshears
Advanced Member

vshears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's see your MvP produced movie

Very nice Lon good to see people working together to help those who need is and obviously enjoying themselves at the same time
Old 22nd March 2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Manc

Manc is on a distinguished road

http://youtu.be/nuKK-SjFSIA
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:31 AM   #4
djfuego

djfuego is on a distinguished road

OK My turn ...My last holiday with the family. it was AWESOME! even better with my Nokia N8 I planned to eventually make this http://youtu.be/0ARbxGFQsIk
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:42 AM   #5
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfuego View Post
ok my turn ...my last holiday with the family. It was awesome! Even better with my nokia n8 :d i planned to eventually make this http://youtu.be/0arbxgfqsik
Excellent! Beautiful place!

Lon "sign me up" in California
Old 25th March 2012, 10:16 AM   #6
Gordon L

Gordon L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfuego View Post
OK My turn ...My last holiday with the family. it was AWESOME! even better with my Nokia N8 I planned to eventually make this http://youtu.be/0ARbxGFQsIk
Brought back many v happy memories of family holidays in Menorca: Cala Macarella & Macarellata s were our favourites - in those days you couldn't drive to them so it was quite a trek from Cala Galdana.
Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed it as you can see!
G.
Old 25th March 2012, 10:32 PM   #7
djfuego

djfuego is on a distinguished road

And I just finished this one off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX4q9m4cPzs
Very fast throughput I like this software already.
I'll have to delve deeper into it as I'm sure there are more advanced things you can do.
Old 27th March 2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

I need to set the stage for this video clip, as it is just the last segment of a much longer family documentary that I'm working on.

In March of 2007, my stepdaughter, Ricci (pronounced 'Ricky') was thrown from a horse and suffered a traumatic brain injury. She was in a coma at Loma Linda University Medical Center for over a month. Then, she began nearly a two year process to merely regain her ability to walk. It was only in March of 2011 that she regained the ability to drive.

On this past weekend, the 5th anniversary of her accident, we went along with Ricci to video what she loves to do most once again - ride horses.

I don't want to exploit Ricci's privacy or shock you with the condition that she was in for the first 18 months after the accident. It's enough to say that from near death, it took her a year just to learn to walk unaided again.

Our hope is that when this project is finished, the Doctors and Neurologists at Loma Linda University Medical Center (with Ricci's permission) might find use for this video in their work with patient support groups. Somewhere, a family is just beginning their path down this tragic road, perhaps without hope of a future for their loved one. Ricci is proof that hope is always there.

This segment was taken on 3/25/2012, the 5th anniversary of her accident. I'm just so thankful for MvPX6. The other videos that are not included in this segment were taken without any real regard for how they might be used one day. We just felt they were important. Now we know why, and MoviePlus so very easily allows me to turn this raw (and I mean painfully raw) footage into a family documentary that will become our tribute to Ricci's tenacity and perhaps a source of inspiration for other families.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTTkY7y8lYg

Last edited by Lon in NWArkansas; 27th March 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 27th March 2012, 07:08 PM   #9
vshears
Advanced Member

vshears is on a distinguished road

Very inspiring Lon, you must be all very proud of Ricci.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:05 PM   #10
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshears View Post
Very inspiring Lon, you must be all very proud of Ricci.
Thanks, Vic.

Yes, she is quite an amazing story! At 34 now, she has had her life really interrupted, but continues the daily fight to overcome significant deficits.

Lon "inspired" in California
Old 27th March 2012, 08:10 PM   #11
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in California View Post
Thanks, Vic.

Yes, she is quite an amazing story! At 34 now, she has had her life really interrupted, but continues the daily fight to overcome significant deficits.

Lon "inspired" in California

Lon

thanks for sharing Ricci's current story with us.
Old 28th March 2012, 10:00 AM   #12
BrianE
Master

BrianE is a jewel in the roughBrianE is a jewel in the rough

Just great, Lon. Absolutely amazing story.
Old 31st March 2012, 08:48 PM   #13
tomH
Advanced Member

tomH is well on the road to greatness

Lon: nice touch with the music at that special house in "the neighbors". DId you add the lonely barking dog or did he add his own voice?

tomH
Old 31st March 2012, 11:33 PM   #14
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomH View Post
Lon: nice touch with the music at that special house in "the neighbors". DId you add the lonely barking dog or did he add his own voice?

tomH

I got lucky on the dog. I think he was locked in the derelict car!

Lon "Need Hoarder's Makeover" in California
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:22 PM   #15
pigolato

pigolato is on a distinguished road

http://youtu.be/ubCJrb-6ITM

OK so it's MvPX5, not 6, but hey it's got crossfades, nice music, sunny day, what's not to like?
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:38 PM   #16
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigolato View Post
http://youtu.be/ubCJrb-6ITM

OK so it's MvPX5, not 6, but hey it's got crossfades, nice music, sunny day, what's not to like?
Some great color and detail. Thanks for posting that one!

Lon "wants a camera like yours" in California
Old 8th April 2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

FrankB supplied a soundtrack for this new video which will be displayed on our Rotary website to promote this year's Art & Wine Festival. Done in MvPX6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CML2P...ature=youtu.be

Lon "pour me a tall one, Bar Keep" in California
Old 28th April 2012, 01:20 AM   #18
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

ooops video is broken!

Will be back later.
Old 28th April 2012, 01:22 AM   #19
BrianE
Master

BrianE is a jewel in the roughBrianE is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in California View Post
Lon "wireless microphones rule" in California
Indeed.

The audio sounds great.
Old 1st April 2013, 08:22 AM   #20
peteinalmeria

peteinalmeria is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Let's see your MvP produced movie

Ok Ladies and Gents, here's a few early attempts on MvP6 I made and placed on youtube.

I enjoy my photography and motorcycling and each help the other. I also really enjoy food photography and creating menus and vids for my local tapas bars in my spare time - I don't ask for anything from them but a few drinks etc are always welcome!. The problem is the success it has brought. The publicity is generating more and more enquiries for other bars and even small companies. I suppose the in-word is that it's going "viral"!

On the camera side I have a GoPro3 Silver with too many mounts to mention, Sony Bloggie, Nikon 5200 with various lenses and my Samsung mobile (for those quick capture moments)

On the bike side I have 2 Triumphs (A 1600 Thunderbird and a 1050 Tiger) and 3 Harleys (2 Classic Sportsters and a V-Rod Muscle)

Where I live is great for photography and Biking so I'm regularly out and about capturing pics and footage. Almeria is where the Clint Eastwood / Sergio Leone Spaghetti Westerns were filmed.

Ok, so on to my first attempts...quite basic when I look back

If you had a few too many the night before this one might be too much!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rYsCuFpUKk

This one is quite a long one but shows one of my favourite rides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EimAUeZU2wE

If you want to see more, just search peteinalmeria on youtube. I'll be posting some new vids soon as I have learned so many things over the last 4 months - even tricks that I have not found in the guides

Bye for Now!!

Last edited by peteinalmeria; 1st April 2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Nokia Camera should have read Nikon!!