Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 1st July 2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Just Wondering
Advanced Member

Just Wondering is on a distinguished road
Default Wow just spotted a very nice effect on a website can wpx4 replicate this effect?

Hi , i was looking on http://www.littlewoods.com/ if you click on the coloured banding above say for example , sale or back to school , the box fills downwards with the above colour with a message , i guess you could do a less animated version with a roll over , but this looks really slick and polished , its a non flash based effect , but it does look v nice

Paul , Leeds West Yorkshire U.K
Old 1st July 2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wow just spotted a very nice effect on a website can wpx4 replicate this effect?

Paul

It's Javascript.

Just one of the many slide effects around.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Just Wondering
Advanced Member

Default Re: Wow just spotted a very nice effect on a website can wpx4 replicate this effect?

is it easy to implement , what the code have to be added for each box , or is it a effect that once implemented into the wpx4 website , its just a matter of cutting and pasting , i imagine i would have to define a colour and size for the box , so if i had 4 different coloured boxes would i need 4 lots of altered slider java code then cut and paste in ? sorry for all the questions .

Old 1st July 2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

I guess those things you'd have to apply to the images and/or associated script.

From memory, Archibald made a wpp file with a sliding effect. Might give some insight, try a search and see if you can locate it, unless he drops into the thread.
Old 1st July 2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Just Wondering
Advanced Member

Cheers Tom , its amazing what a nice slider effect can do for a site , i must say i do like the colours on the site , its layout as well , but the slider effect gave it that extra bit of spit and polish

Old 1st July 2010, 01:26 PM   #6
Tom.
Guru

They can be effective.

Archibald's slider effect is here if you didn't find it.

It's not exact but show's what little tricks you can do in WP.
Old 1st July 2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Just Wondering
Advanced Member

Tom thank you for that , basically the option on the right , if it used just one colour and slide downwards it is the same effect and very nice it is to thank you , but how would i use that on my site , i'm a tad clueless , the example of archibalds shows it working nicely , but not how to use it..

Old 1st July 2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Tom.
Guru

If you go to the pages Slide Frame 1 & 2, Attach HTML, you will see some script there and probably for the iFrames too.

Without attempting this myself, I don't know the answer, sorry. Someone more alive than me might give you a step by step.
Old 3rd July 2010, 07:03 PM   #9
rdmurray

rdmurray is on a distinguished road

Not exactly the same but close, Neils add ons http://addons.webplus.net/slidingboxesdemo.html has a tutorial as well to put them into webplus.