Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > MediaPlus

Notices

MediaPlus Media & Photo Management Software

Old 15th July 2007, 06:10 PM   #1
Gordon
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Organizing

I have been using a number of Serif products for some time. I have just received Media plus 2 I understand it will help me organize images into albums. I have gone through a couple of the tutorials but a bit confusing to me. I have just taken 75 good images at a vacation resort in Northern Michigan I want to make an album or slide show that I can put on a CD or DVD is media plus capable of organizing and doing that process?
Hope to hear from you soon.

P.S some one told me I should be looking at Album plus instead. I already have media plus and my operating system is windows XP

Old 15th July 2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Jim B.

Lightbulb Re:*Organizing

From a post made some time ago, by Sarah (I think)...

Quote:
AlbumPlus 4 is newer than MediaPlus 2, however AlbumPlus is not an upgrade to MediaPlus. They are similar programs, but not the same. Each has different features to the other and they stand separate.

Some features that are unique to each:

AlbumPlus 4 is more about photo management.

Year View
Month View
Date View
Diary
Events
Album archive
Fix photos
Edit in PhotoPlus

MediaPlus 2 is geared more towards general media management.

Internet file downloading
Publish album to web
Batch file conversion
Create stand-alone slideshow
Create screensaver
Export slideshow to DVDPlus, MoviePlus, VCDMaker
Encrypt image
Note that AlbumPlus X2 was released in May 2007 and replaced AlbumPlus 4. MediaPlus 2 was released in March 2004. Therefore, the above description of the differences between the two programs might no longer be completely accurate.

----------

Jim B. :> )

If you have nothing to say, stop talking.

Old 15th July 2007, 10:31 PM   #3
Gordon

Lightbulb Re: Organizing

tHANK YOU jIM B Methinkks I will try and do some work with Media Plus 2 hope it works for me. so much to learn with all this stuff. fun tho

Old 17th July 2007, 03:40 AM   #4
Gordon

I have 75 slides organized and ready to make a CD When I that with Ner Express I get out of memory. Is there sa special program for making slide shows?

After some frustrating moments ( hours) I feel pretty good about what has been done hope you can help on this cd business.

Old 26th July 2007, 05:39 PM   #5
Gordon

I have tried several programs to copy a CD but no avail. I did speak to a tech Person and he discovered we need a resource disk to make a slide show. I even was able to covert to an .EXE file but it would not copy to a cd or DVD. I understand a resource disk is on it's way. Hope to see it soon. Is there some other magic to use media plus to organize and then copy to cd or dvd???

Old 1st August 2007, 06:15 PM   #6
Gordon

I have now received the resource disk that has the video cd maker I have printed and read the instructions. ( Not very clear). I HAVE MADE A SLIDE SHOW WITH 75 images I am trying to gather and preview. when I get to preview it just sort of sits there. The file has been saved as (DVP) Would it help to re install the CD? Is the file to large? I really wanted to add a movie clip or two as well as the images on same file. As I read it seemed this was also possible if the disk was large enough
Hope some one can help.

Old 1st August 2007, 06:19 PM   #7
mjh

Gordon

If it's just sitting there, maybe it is doing something. Did you check the Process tab in WIN TaskManager?

Old 2nd August 2007, 07:26 PM   #8
Gordon

no but I will I did let the program sit for quite some time before giving up. does it take a long time to process 75 or so slides. I have also tried some smaller stuff. I do get the thumbnails on the left side of the screen but so far I have not been able to burn a disk

Old 7th August 2007, 10:19 PM   #9
Gordon

I have tried again to burn and get to a point where I should be able to preview. However it will not preview. I also notice the burn disk icon is greyed out.
can anyone give me a clue. The help instructions do not help me.

Old 29th December 2010, 10:26 AM   #10
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: organizing photos on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsaladino View Post
I'll have an ordered set of folders, and you'll always be able to find a picture when you need it. Even if you can't remember which folder you put a picture in, you'll be able to search for the name of any of the people in the picture and quickly find it.
Please remove the link in your signature, which is advertising and not allowed here. Spam post reported.