Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > Web Hosting

Notices

Web Hosting Questions about using or uploading to your hosting from WebPlus.net or other providers

Old 4th January 2014, 02:19 PM   #1
AdamB

AdamB is on a distinguished road
Default FTP Error help please

On uploading my site updates this morning I am getting the error message [ The Remote Folder /htdocs// does not exist. Do you want to create it?] in the error window is a Create Directory button and a Cancel. I tried the create directory but it didn't seem to do anything, just re-showed the error window.

I'm hesitant to mess around too much because the site is live at the moment and I'd like it to stay that way.

Have been uploading pretty much problem free for a year or more and it was OK yesterday.

Any idea's out there?
Old 5th January 2014, 12:28 AM   #2
Rod

Rod is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FTP Error help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
On uploading my site updates this morning I am getting the error message [ The Remote Folder /htdocs// does not exist. Do you want to create it?] in the error window is a Create Directory button and a Cancel. I tried the create directory but it didn't seem to do anything, just re-showed the error window.
Please can you clarify if you have been publishing, prior to this issue, to the root directory, or have you been uploading to the sub-folder, but now it does not work.

If the former, then maybe you have inadvertently set up a sub-folder in your FTP parameters which is why you are getting the message.
Old 7th January 2014, 12:07 PM   #3
AdamB

AdamB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FTP Error help please

Hi Rod,

Turns out it was an issue with the host which they have resolved, thanks for the response.

Adam.