Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > Web Hosting

Notices

Web Hosting Questions about using or uploading to your hosting from WebPlus.net or other providers

Old 29th December 2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Alchad

Alchad is on a distinguished road
Default Disabling Web Site

Hi,

I want to start uploading my website to the hosting server, but would prefer not to have it "go live" until I'm ready. is there an easy way I can prevent this?

I was thinking of just deleting the "index.html" page from the server - would this work.

Thanks

(Using WebPlus6 and LCN if this helps)
Old 29th December 2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Disabling Web Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchad View Post
Hi,

I want to start uploading my website to the hosting server, but would prefer not to have it "go live" until I'm ready. is there an easy way I can prevent this?

I was thinking of just deleting the "index.html" page from the server - would this work.

Thanks

(Using WebPlus6 and LCN if this helps)
Why not just wait and upload the site when you are ready? In the meantime, you can place a one-page site on the host server explaining that the site is coming soon.