Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 9th October 2013, 12:14 AM   #81
PeterPanino

PeterPanino is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #6

Please implement a TODO-LIST. For example:

On Page17 I place a Todo item A.
On Page27 I place a Todo item B.
On Page58 I place a Todo item C.
On Page69 I place a Todo item D.
On Page71 I place a Todo item E.
On Page84 I place a Todo item F.

A Todo item is like a special text comment, which of course will not be published. It has options like Priority, Category, etc.

Then, when I open the Todo List, it shows me all Todo items A - F in a list, with columns: Page name, Priority, Category, Creation date, etc., which of course can be sorted.
When I double-click on a list item it jumps to the corresponding page on the corresponding Todo item position.

This would be very useful! It would be easy for the developers to implement, as Todo items are just a variation of text comments.

Please implement this ASAP. Thank you!

I would have no problem paying the double or even triple of WebPlus's actual price tag if development would be faster and catch up with today's technological standards.

Last edited by PeterPanino; 9th October 2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 9th October 2013, 12:37 AM   #82
PeterPanino

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodstr2 View Post
I'd like to see the program "Resume where left off" on restart.

When I reopen WebPlus, I want to be returned to what-I-was-doing, and not have to re-scroll through all my pages to get back to it.

Better yet, offer it as a free upgrade to (at least) X5 and X6. It looks-to-me as though leaving this feature out was an oversight on developers'/programmers' part.
I second this.
Old 9th October 2013, 01:05 AM   #83
PeterPanino

An interesting feature would be: Connect to a MySQL database (via a PHP bridge, as most hosting packages don't allow hosted database access from outside) and AUTOMATICALLY derive the following from the database:

1. A LIST displaying one or multiple tables from the database, where everything can be configured: Single lists, combined lists, buttons to sort, filter and group the list, delete records, add records, etc. etc.

2. A FORM where I can add a record to one or multiple tables in the database, highly configurable, etc. etc.

This feature today is state of the art e.g. in modern PHP IDEs, and it would wonderful if it could be implemented in WebPlus!

This could be implemented in Web Plus in a very intuitive way, just select from different options or by using a smart wizard etc., so no code programming is necessary.

If I was a Serif developer, this would be very much fun to implement!

Last edited by PeterPanino; 9th October 2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 17th October 2013, 10:35 AM   #84
Will(UK)

Will(UK) is on a distinguished road

Two additions to the excellent WP PayPal Minicart.

Add an option somewhere, preferably a global setting, to enable a customer to leave a contact phone number. This would be handy in case of a query with an order or problems with delivery (help finding obscure address). There is an "ask a question box" that appears in the item dialog but it is greyed out and unavailable. A obligatory phone number box would be ideal.

A way of implementing a Highlands and Islands delivery surcharge. In the case of site that includes P&P in all it's prices, I can't work out a simple way of including this option.

I have looked through the PayPal help but nothing comes up that works with the minicart, so I assume that the WP minicart options are all in the hands of WP.

Many thanks - Will(UK)
Old 27th October 2013, 07:15 PM   #85
DanSun

DanSun is on a distinguished road

I have a lot of scripts (I use PHP) for my web site (I keep them in the wpscripts subdir). When I publish to the web, I would like to include scripts that have been changed. I know that I can manually select and upload these scripts from the "Maintain Website" panel under Publish. But that will not detect which ones have changed. Also, it would be useful if one could incrementally select scripts to upload in the Publish panel. And, it would be good to include them when publishing all pages.
Old 30th October 2013, 06:54 PM   #86
youmyworld

youmyworld is on a distinguished road

I would love to see in serif weblus x7 ability to choose on redirect option not just by screen resolution or mobile recognition, But mobile or tablet make. I have made a mobile version of my website and it also can be seen on Samsung newest Tab. But I want my clients to view it as a full webdite on this Tab.
Old 30th October 2013, 07:12 PM   #87
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyworld View Post
I would love to see in serif weblus x7 ability to choose on redirect option not just by screen resolution or mobile recognition, But mobile or tablet make. I have made a mobile version of my website and it also can be seen on Samsung newest Tab. But I want my clients to view it as a full webdite on this Tab.
There would be far too many permutations for this to be feasible, I think.

Old 30th October 2013, 07:39 PM   #88
spidermurph

spidermurph is on a distinguished road

Three words: Random, random and random.

Random order for images in photo galleries.

Random order for slides in a slider.

Random play of embedded YouTube videos in a playlists.

These are the three things I get asked for the most by my clients. Would be great to see them.
Old 30th October 2013, 10:36 PM   #89
spidermurph

spidermurph is on a distinguished road

Sliders - I would like the ability to create slides and then have the option to have them active or inactive in the slider. That way you could have many promotions set up and select which ones to have in rotation at any given time.

Currently the only way is to delete the ones not currently required and them have to recreate them again as you need them.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:56 PM   #90
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermurph View Post
Sliders - I would like the ability to create slides and then have the option to have them active or inactive in the slider. That way you could have many promotions set up and select which ones to have in rotation at any given time.

Currently the only way is to delete the ones not currently required and them have to recreate them again as you need them.
This has been on the wishlist since X6 was launched - fingers crossed!

Old 31st October 2013, 01:45 AM   #91
quirkie

quirkie is on a distinguished road
Default WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #6

It would be great to be able to set the background in sliders the same way you can set the foreground. This way we can have images sliding on a static background.

very nice effect.

thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 01:45 AM   #92
Sydney Harrod

Sydney Harrod is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this is already a popular wish, and sorry I don't know the right terms.

I'm in a hurry to include the user-movable part-of-image pop-up featured in the Stylie template and now in Figleaves.com - is this referred to earlier in #6 as a fluid slider? - without having time to master the adaptation from template.
Old 4th November 2013, 02:26 PM   #93
pink pearl

pink pearl is on a distinguished road

Can we please have java script photo galleries with features similar to the flash galleries? i.e. with thumbnails underneath the photo which is displaying and not on top of it; with borders; and with the ability to enlarge to a full screen view.
Thank you/
Old 4th November 2013, 05:36 PM   #94
Sydney Harrod

Heartily agree with this suggestion of adding full-screen option to javascript galleries.
Frankly, the gallery is still a shambles, far below the standard of other Serif software and therefore damaging to the reputation of the marque.
For instance, the thumbnail display train can already be located below the main image as you desire, within the scope of the present WPX6 gallery, but putting it there takes a lot of trial and error.
Short of a substantial redesign of the javascript gallery, particularly necessary with regard to intuitively achieving a good layout, an even half-decent on-line help is essential.
Old 4th November 2013, 06:04 PM   #95
Sydney Harrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyworld View Post
I would love to see in serif weblus x7 ability to choose on redirect option not just by screen resolution or mobile recognition, But mobile or tablet make. I have made a mobile version of my website and it also can be seen on Samsung newest Tab. But I want my clients to view it as a full website on this Tab.
Quote:
There would be far too many permutations for this to be feasible, I think.
Most likely the formats will shake down to a few winners' - as with video, as with pcs - therefore the winning webmaking software must either be successful in predicting which will survive or must be quick and brilliant in catering for 90% of the current formats.
Concluding "Too many permutations" is a recipe for business death.
Old 8th November 2013, 03:38 AM   #96
DanSun

DanSun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSun View Post
I have a lot of scripts (I use PHP) for my web site (I keep them in the wpscripts subdir). When I publish to the web, I would like to include scripts that have been changed. I know that I can manually select and upload these scripts from the "Maintain Website" panel under Publish. But that will not detect which ones have changed. Also, it would be useful if one could incrementally select scripts to upload in the Publish panel. And, it would be good to include them when publishing all pages.
I would like to add some more to this wish. I have been using the "Maintain Website" panel a lot. I usually simultaneously edit (PHP) scripts, which I want to upload, and HTML code attachments to pages. To do this, it would be great to have the "Maintain Website" panel open as an independent window that can stay open while I also work on code embedded in a page. As it is now, I have to close the "Maintain ..." panel to get back to page edit mode. And I then have to reopen it (and reselect stuff in it) when I want to use it. This is cumbersome, and could easily be fixed by making the "Maintain ..." panel an independent window.

Another small quirk is that after uploading scripts from "Maintain...", the "Publish to Web" "FTP Account" field gets cleared, and has to be reselected. A small annoyance, but it could be fixed too.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:56 AM   #97
KG_iT

KG_iT is on a distinguished road

Custom: Mobile Redirect Routine

So it is a small (inbuild) an a custom solution available.

Would be nice.
Old 15th January 2014, 01:22 PM   #98
Rules

Rules is on a distinguished road

feeling so bad that wp 7 have only few new templates please add alot of new templates like you did in wp 6
Old 7th February 2014, 10:15 AM   #99
KG_iT

KG_iT is on a distinguished road

An Option to set all Style-Sheets to an external CSS-File.

Instead of
<div style="position:absolute; .....">Foo</div>

use of:

<div id="foo" class="baa">Foo</div>

Yes you can do this by using "! important", but the Files would be a lot cleaner and easier to maintain outside of WebPlus.

So it's up to the developer to use the containers in any way: e.g. responsive layouts