Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 3rd June 2013, 04:48 AM   #101
ecarrillojr1

ecarrillojr1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

I've noticed that in Pageplus X6 there is a feature (Logo Studio) where you can convert a silhouette into a picture frame. Once you have converted it, you can then pick any picture to display through that frame. This is not easily done in Webplus X6 since the Logo Studio is missing. I found this by purchasing the Landscape template from Serif. The brochure template has the silhouette of a nice leafy plant that has a good green landscape picture coming through.

Would love to see this added to Webplus X7.
Old 3rd June 2013, 06:29 PM   #102
cappy

cappy is well on the road to greatness

Is it not possible like to create some pages like artisteer http://www.artisteer.com/?p=demo that u can create cms lined up the way u design the whole site. U can edit with a dashboard?

Or build the whole site like this en though a dashboard at ur content when u made the template?
Old 4th June 2013, 02:35 PM   #103
mls4077

mls4077 is on a distinguished road

This WISH comes up more often lately. Need Navigation Bars that drop down to Grandchild pages on the ipad, blackberry. Right now I can only design a Nav Bar that drops down to a child page. I see most WordPress websites I have tested on the ipad, blackberry work well with Grandchild drop down menus

Thanks!
Old 16th August 2013, 08:31 PM   #104
nyane25

nyane25 is well on the road to greatness

I would love to have something like this. I really don't know how to explain, but something that once we tweet an article that we wrote on our website, appear a little of the text and the pic that we post that article.

For example, somehing like this pic that I added.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	43461  
Old 19th August 2013, 11:51 AM   #105
pink pearl

pink pearl is on a distinguished road

I would like the events calendar feature to include more months - at least 12 but ideally unlimited and for the calendar to be accessible for editing via CMS. - So that customers can update their own calendars.
Old 21st August 2013, 05:47 PM   #106
nyane25

nyane25 is well on the road to greatness

I would love that webplus X7 make a easy way to add a feed of recent blog post. Something like it was done for facebook.

Also would love that they create more social buttons.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:49 AM   #107
pink pearl

Smarter Smart objects please
  1. Access controls should be hosted on a secure server or at least be capable of being inserted into a secure page. (On my host, objects linked with an absolute URL into a secure page are not displayed).
  1. Putting a smart object into a profile should COMPLETELY segregate it from smart objects in other profiles. e.g. when a blog in profile (a) is inserted in a website and you go to manage it, the editor groups available lists all the editors groups in every profile. This is unacceptable when the user managing the blog is a customer.
  1. The "News" smart object should be capable of being managed WITHOUT being logged in to a serif web resource account. At the moment, you either have to give your customer access to your serif account - unacceptable, or create him one of his own. To get round the problem in (2) above, you have to put all of his Smart objects in his account and when he logs in to edit the News item he suddenly has access to his library of Smart objects and could potentially screw them all up. He doesn't need this level of access
I think part of the problem here is that Serif have designed webplus for individuals. Individuals who may have more than 1 website, but still individuals. They have failed to appreciate that very many of us design sites for customers and we need to keep the sites and all of their contents segregated from one another. Also, generally speaking, our customers are just users. That's why they've come to us for the design and haven't done it themselves. SO giving them too much access, like with a serif web resource account, is risky.

Thank you.
Chris.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:54 AM   #108
pink pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirkie View Post
O reven better paste the image and resize handles do just the job perfectly....This would be great.
You can.
Old 24th October 2013, 04:49 PM   #109
TestManager

TestManager is on a distinguished road

A release date
Old 24th October 2013, 04:51 PM   #110
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestManager View Post
A release date
No chance!

History tells us that this will be a closely-guarded secret until about a week before it happens.