Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 19th March 2013, 06:59 PM   #21
chasm

chasm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

I would suggest making it possible to set the lightbox dimensions globally. As is is now, it can only be done for a specific video. Thanks.
Old 20th March 2013, 12:03 AM   #22
Will(UK)

Will(UK) is on a distinguished road

I have tried, but I find the new arrangement of the Hyperlink Dialog not as convenient as in previous versions.

I was happy with the layout without tabs, so everything was done in one place.

I would hate to suggest reverting back so if we need multiple screens within the dialog perhaps it could work more like a wizard so that pressing enter will take you to the next tab. Only pressing enter in the final tab will complete and close the dialog.

Also - could we have the drop down on the title box back again please. The list of recent titles was a great time saver.

Cheers - Will(UK)
Old 20th March 2013, 11:21 PM   #23
aerialsandtv.com

aerialsandtv.com is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Ali

I suspect his issue is with finding the Anchor he wants to link to when using the Hyperlink wizard/dialog.
Correct, if that means when I want to add a hyperlink and the resulting list of available anchors which drops down !

Last edited by AlfredP; 21st March 2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Post moved from PagePlus X7 wishlist
Old 21st March 2013, 05:49 PM   #24
Tamutka

Tamutka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamutka View Post
It would be nice that we could group the panel and the picture or
to drag and drop the Quick shape with picture?
here is a nice "how":

http://www.solski-razgledi.com/clanek.asp?id=2652

Click on each picture on the right side, and then you can drag it as you wish.
regards Natasa
Old 21st March 2013, 06:07 PM   #25
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamutka View Post
here is a nice "how":

http://www.solski-razgledi.com/clanek.asp?id=2652

Click on each picture on the right side, and then you can drag it as you wish.
regards Natasa

Already possible with panels - look at the panel edit dialog.

Please get into the habit of asking on the forums if things are already possible BEFORE you post wishes for them here.

Old 22nd March 2013, 08:31 AM   #26
Tamutka

Tamutka is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post

Please get into the habit of asking on the forums if things are already possible BEFORE you post wishes for them here.
Hi, yes, you can do that with panels, but not the picture in it. The panel should be coloured so it would be seen and the border should be big enough to click on it. An if I want to give an instruction to move the picture, I have to explain that they have to grab the border and not the picture, that is an information that have nothing to do with the goal of my excersise. So, the pictures themselves cannot be dragged.
see what I mean - both pictures are in a panel:

I use WebPlus6 only for making excersises for students, something like this
http://uciteljska.net/kvizi/HotPot/WT$/

And I hope this option will be in WebPlus7

regards, Natasa
Old 22nd March 2013, 09:52 AM   #27
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:

Ali

I participated in the thread Natasha started on this issue and can concur that the drag can only be done on the panel and not on an object on the panel.
Old 22nd March 2013, 06:56 PM   #28
thorpug

thorpug is on a distinguished road

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but I was wondering if text handling could be improved in WebPlus X7, with proper text tabbing included.

Also are there no other web safe fonts that could be added? The choices are pretty slim.
Old 23rd March 2013, 04:06 AM   #29
Galen

Galen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist for the Social media bar

The social media bar is a good idea. However, to make it work the way I need it, I have to copy it and paste it back in within a html fragment and then change it. This is too time consuming.

It would be great if the social media bar came with more tools. Social media gets added to most websites these days, so this could be very useful in an enhanced form to the majority of WebPlus users.

As it is, I will probably just hyperlink images in future rather than using the bar as it is more time consuming personalising the icons.
  • E.g. opening in another window rather than taking the user to another site from the open window.
  • Having larger than 32px buttons and having to change the height and width numbers and the locations to fit.
  • Adding additional social media links not provided within the social media bar options.
I like and appreciate a lot of the WebPlus X6 features, but this one is one that I will be unlikely to use in its current form as it would be quicker for me to add the required size icons to the page and the hyperlinks to the objects directly.
Old 23rd March 2013, 07:16 AM   #30
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpug View Post
Forgive me if this has been brought up before but I was wondering if text handling could be improved in WebPlus X7, with proper text tabbing included.
If you're referring to tab stops as used in a paper document, this is a limitation of HTML. To create columnar text, use a table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpug View Post
Also are there no other web safe fonts that could be added? The choices are pretty slim.
The choices are slim because there are very few fonts which are available to the majority of users across the Windows, Linux and Mac OSs.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 23rd March 2013, 09:34 PM   #31
thorpug

thorpug is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick reply Alfred!

Yes I do use tables... was just hoping for something more similar to DTP I guess... no problem.

As for the web safe fonts well... here we are sending stuff to Mars and we can't add a few more fonts on our own planet!
Old 24th March 2013, 02:19 AM   #32
rahulkgoyal

rahulkgoyal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #3

Hi,

I really feel it will be great if we can have different sytles of text and mutli line boxes with placeholders.

Secondly the sliding panel can be more interactive and easy to use with vertical and horizontal panel options.
Old 25th March 2013, 06:38 AM   #33
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulkgoyal View Post
Hi,

I really feel it will be great if we can have different sytles of text and mutli line boxes with placeholders.

Secondly the sliding panel can be more interactive and easy to use with vertical and horizontal panel options.
Different text styles can be created already - this feature has existed for a long time in WebPlus. Text menu | Text Style Palette ... and also Text Styles on the tab to the left of the workspace.

Text | Insert | Information | User Details or Variables will give you placeholders.

There are many styles of slider with both vertical and horizontal slider panels, and these are easy to customise.

Old 25th March 2013, 06:57 AM   #34
sheik

sheik is on a distinguished road

My wish for WebPlus X7 is for an advanced Content Management System that comes with a feature to upload photos to the site from anywhere in the world.

Thanks.
Old 25th March 2013, 07:59 AM   #35
rahulkgoyal

Quote:
Different text styles can be created already - this feature has existed for a long time in WebPlus. Text menu | Text Style Palette ... and also Text Styles on the tab to the left of the workspace.

Text | Insert | Information | User Details or Variables will give you placeholders.

There are many styles of slider with both vertical and horizontal slider panels, and these are easy to customise.
Hi Ali,

I am sorry, I think I could not explain. I meant was the form section where in we only have choice of rectangular boxes for Text Box and Multiline Box. If there was an option to customise the box to change the shape, or to embed a button to the text box itself to perform an action linke in search boxes you might have seen online or to set up a vector for username or password. Secondly placeholders are really complex as they never reflect on IE, if there was a tool inbuilt to reflect a placeholder across browser platform that would really help.

I will check the slider again as I was trying to make a slider like in this website: www.vtc.com, but I could not create one. Anyways I will try again. While you look at this website, you can look at their search box and you will get a fair understanding of what I was trying to say.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
Rahul Goyal
Old 25th March 2013, 08:30 AM   #36
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Hi Rahul,

Quote:
I meant was the form section where in we only have choice of rectangular boxes for Text Box and Multiline Box.
You can add your own CSS3 code to apply a corner radius to the boxes, but it would be nice to have this as a built-in option.

Quote:
Secondly placeholders are really complex as they never reflect on IE, if there was a tool inbuilt to reflect a placeholder across browser platform that would really help.
I'm afraid don't understand what you mean by "reflect a placeholder".

Regards,
Alfred
Old 25th March 2013, 04:10 PM   #37
rahulkgoyal

Hi Alfred,

I am not using the quote as it getting really lengthy and confusing.

If you can go to this website http://www.vtc.com/ you will notice that the search box for courses has a placeholder and hence does not require a text label for the box. With Internet Explorer normal HTML coding the placeholders do not reflect as there is some compatibility issue and one needs to use CSS to reflect the placeholder. You can try the coding below to check yourself the placeholder would not reflect in IE and it reflects on all other browsers as chrome or firefox or any other browser for the matter.

<html>
<head>
<title>Search</title>
</head>
<body>
<input type="text" name="searchbox" placeholder="Search Here...">
<input type="submit" label="Search" name="Search">
</body>
</html>

If there was an inbuilt feature that could take care of this issue and insure that the placeholder reflects across platforms. It will really help people not aware of CSS techniques.

Please let me know your opinion.

Regards,
Rahul
Old 26th March 2013, 08:12 AM   #38
AlfredP
Guru

Hi Rahul,

Quote:
I am not using the quote as it getting really lengthy and confusing.
You can use selective quoting to avoid it getting too lengthy.

Quote:
With Internet Explorer normal HTML coding the placeholders do not reflect as there is some compatibility issue and one needs to use CSS to reflect the placeholder.
Although older versions of Internet Explorer don't support the placeholder attribute on input elements, IE10 does. In any case, this is an HTML5 attribute; WebPlus currently generates HTML 4.01 (Transitional) code.

You only need (vendor-specific) CSS if you want to style HTML5 placeholder text. You can use a simple piece of JavaScript as in my post here (or you can use jQuery) if you want similar functionality without using HTML5.

Regards,
Alfred
Old 26th March 2013, 07:04 PM   #39
JesusSheep

JesusSheep is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #5

Make Program 64 Bit also.
Old 26th March 2013, 07:07 PM   #40
Ali
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusSheep View Post
Make Program 64 Bit also.
Given that DrawPlus has just gone 64-bit, I think it safe to assume that all new versions of Serif programs will.