Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 24th March 2013, 09:21 PM   #41
Kiwi Blair

Kiwi Blair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PhotoPlus X7 - Wishlist

As I raised on the PhotoPlus forum, X6 has lost the ability to nudge a cropping frame (this was in X5 and earlier)so let's have it fixed in X7.

Also the Rectangular Selection tool should have the ability to resize via Drag handles. At the moment if your selection marquee is too large or too small your only option is to drag out another, or another - until you get it right - very frustrating.

Cheers,
Blair.
Old 24th March 2013, 10:08 PM   #42
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Blair View Post
As I raised on the PhotoPlus forum, X6 has lost the ability to nudge a cropping frame (this was in X5 and earlier)so let's have it fixed in X7.

Also the Rectangular Selection tool should have the ability to resize via Drag handles. At the moment if your selection marquee is too large or too small your only option is to drag out another, or another - until you get it right - very frustrating.

Cheers,
Blair.
Blair,

For your second point, use the Selection Deform Tool. It's on a flyout with the Deform Tool.

As for the Crop tool, I very seldom use it, preferring to use a selection and crop to selection.

Geoff
Old 26th March 2013, 06:58 PM   #43
JesusSheep

JesusSheep is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: PhotoPlus X7 - Wishlist

Able to read 1 bit multi page tiff files.
Able to use plugins in 16 bit color mode,if not include topaz Labs PhotoFXLabs So people can at least do 16bit on tiff and png files.
Make the Organizer in PhotoPlus 64 Bit.
Make PhotoFix in organizer like the one in photoplus.

Sell Arcsoft Panarama maker 6 for panorama's.
Add support for Nikon P7700 Raw files. "NRW"

Old 28th March 2013, 04:49 PM   #44
ggrussell
Expert

ggrussell is a jewel in the roughggrussell is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Sell Arcsoft Panarama maker 6 for panorama's.
Add support for Nikon P7700 Raw files. "NRW"
Serif already has a very good Panorama app. I find that it works much better that Photoshop Elements.
RAW file support is supplied by a 3rd party company and Serif has no control over which cameras are supported. They try to use the latest version at the time the software is released.
Old 5th April 2013, 07:00 PM   #45
martin.hickling

martin.hickling is on a distinguished road

Isn't it time photoplus used dual monitors.
I use 4 screens at home and would like to spread out a bit.
I use a smapp screen in Photoshop to house the tools and have the image full screen on a 24 in monitor.
Old 19th April 2013, 02:15 PM   #46
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

Smart Object layer function.
Old 21st April 2013, 08:49 AM   #47
Arun Sarkar

Arun Sarkar has a spectacular aura about

1) A Pen Tool like Drawplus or Photoshop.
2) CMYK Chanel
3) A perfect CMYK Export like Pageplus or Drawplus.
Old 6th May 2013, 02:53 PM   #48
Glenda

Glenda is on a distinguished road

Bitmap mode
CMYK color mode
Block shape eraser tool
Old 9th May 2013, 09:47 AM   #49
Boggy

Boggy is on a distinguished road

1. The Image-Adjust-Brightness/Contrast control panel was enhanced to give greater control in X5/6 and I applaud Serif's incorporation of a 'Legacy' tick box in X5/X6. I use the original 'Legacy' controls a lot and would prefer this tick box to remain 'ticked' until un-ticked (or the program is restarted).

2. I'd prefer PhP to open images at the dpi setting they were created in (rather then convert to 96dpi) and to retain that setting when the image is saved.

3. Would prefer a Greyscale image to open in greyscale mode rather then be converted to colour RGB mode.

4. X6 replaced the Export and Export Optimizer (under File) selections with one 'Export' option that included the Optimizer. I don't want these options (and find the DPI setting misleading). I would prefer a 'legacy' tick box to enable me to revert to the original X4/5 Export panel without all the options.

oh and a big thanks to all the nice people at Serif Tech Support in Nottingham for their helpful (and patient) advice and guidance!
Old 9th May 2013, 02:57 PM   #50
Roddie

Roddie is on a distinguished road
Default Photoplus X7 improvement

How about replacing Photofix with Photolab in Photoplus 7 as used in Page Plus 6? This has many more features, instantly fixes pictures and is much simpler to use. Photofix does not fix photos automatically and the sliders are too small to use for things like correcting contast, highlights and shadows. Plus each correction takes a long time to update and the blue line showing the task progress is completely unnecessary. Windows Live Photo Gallery does not need this, neither does Adobe Photoshop, which gives a choice of simple Automatic editing, Guided, or Full. Adobe is far simpler for the majority of users who want to improve their digital pictures easily.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:47 PM   #51
redback

redback is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Photoplus X7 improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
How about replacing Photofix with Photolab in Photoplus 7 as used in Page Plus 6? This has many more features, instantly fixes pictures and is much simpler to use. Photofix does not fix photos automatically and the sliders are too small to use for things like correcting contast, highlights and shadows. Plus each correction takes a long time to update and the blue line showing the task progress is completely unnecessary. Windows Live Photo Gallery does not need this, neither does Adobe Photoshop, which gives a choice of simple Automatic editing, Guided, or Full. Adobe is far simpler for the majority of users who want to improve their digital pictures easily.
+1

not sure why it can't or hasn't been included in photoplus? just more options with Photolab which is ideal for photo software. Can't even blur the background in photofix.
Old 23rd May 2013, 07:56 PM   #52
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photoplus X7 improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
+1

not sure why it can't or hasn't been included in photoplus? just more options with Photolab which is ideal for photo software. Can't even blur the background in photofix.
Why would you want to? It can be blurred directly in PhP.

Geoff
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:18 PM   #53
redback

redback is on a distinguished road

How can i in Photofix? How can i mask (protect) and apply blur?
Old 24th May 2013, 04:13 AM   #54
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
How can i in Photofix? How can i mask (protect) and apply blur?
Please ask your question in the PhotoPlus section below. This section is fr suggestions for future features.

Geoff
Old 7th June 2013, 07:09 PM   #55
Melissa2009B

Melissa2009B is on a distinguished road

Would someone PLEASE allow the setting of the default font and its size in the text tool? This has been requested since X4 and has never been done!
Old 7th June 2013, 08:17 PM   #56
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

There is now an X8 wish list.

But please he more clear as to want you actually want. Because what I think you mean is possible. You may wish to start a thread in the pageplus forum...
Old 7th June 2013, 08:54 PM   #57
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

Oops...my bad. Thought thus was the PagePlus list. Please disregard the man behind the curtain...
Old 8th June 2013, 07:48 PM   #58
adi

adi is on a distinguished road

Please add Gradients to the Colour Fill option in the Layer Effects,

Outline has options for gradients but not Colour ?
So can Colour Fill have Linear, Radial, Conical, Square, Contour and Pattern, thanks

Before someone suggests the 3D options - Using a Gradient 3D effect overrides inner shadow and has noise so doesn't work for the effects I wanted.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:54 AM   #59
Arun Sarkar

Arun Sarkar has a spectacular aura about

Please update PEN TOOL like Photoshop or Drawplus (Alt node delete)
Old 16th June 2013, 03:01 AM   #60
BeqTec

BeqTec has a spectacular aura about

Going to add this into the mix. I want a BATCH macro for adding a text or image layer as a watermark on my photos. Its been a bugaboo for many users of PHP since hmm...PHP 7 I think. Time to get it added into the software.

Creativity: 2% inspiration, 98% perspiration. (paraphrased from T. Edison)