Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 19th October 2011, 08:14 PM   #1
myshopping

myshopping is on a distinguished road
Default Why wont my website update when published?

Hi

I have created many pages and published pages which show in the url box once published then when using domain name they come up.

However for the last 2 weeks the changes i do show in the url box once published but when going straight to the www.domainname the pages are not showing as updated. I have tried different ways of publishing including with and without unattended upload. I have also saved individual pages and the whole site (3500 pages) yet still does not work.

I have refreshed, checked on 5 different computers - all show the same but, as i say, this wasnt a problem initially, just recent.

Any ideas? Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Old 19th October 2011, 08:17 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Why wont my website update when published?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshopping View Post
Hi

I have created many pages and published pages which show in the url box once published then when using domain name they come up.

However for the last 2 weeks the changes i do show in the url box once published but when going straight to the www.domainname the pages are not showing as updated. I have tried different ways of publishing including with and without unattended upload. I have also saved individual pages and the whole site (3500 pages) yet still does not work.

I have refreshed, checked on 5 different computers - all show the same but, as i say, this wasnt a problem initially, just recent.

Any ideas? Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Hi
o
Please post a link to site pages you have changed along with some indications of what those changes are. Otherwise, we can only guess......

Also have you cleared the browser's cache or run a utility like the free http://ccleaner.com? You may be viewing a history copy of the site stashed by your browser.
Old 19th October 2011, 08:45 PM   #3
myshopping

myshopping is on a distinguished road

Hi

Thanks, this is the url link :-
http://www.myshoppingdirectory.co.uk/home.html

and this is the www link

http://www.myshoppingdirectory.co.uk/

As you can see they are different - i have added html to site properties but that is what shows.

My site isnt finished yet, i am still a beginner and just need to sort this issue out before i go any further.

Thanks again
Old 19th October 2011, 08:47 PM   #4
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshopping View Post
Hi

Thanks, this is the url link :-
http://www.myshoppingdirectory.co.uk/home.html

and this is the www link

http://www.myshoppingdirectory.co.uk/

As you can see they are different - i have added html to site properties but that is what shows.

My site isnt finished yet, i am still a beginner and just need to sort this issue out before i go any further.

Thanks again
Why have you posted in the MediaPlus forum? This thread will be moved to the WebPlus forum where there may be more help available for you.
Old 19th October 2011, 09:33 PM   #5
jdspencer
Advanced Member

jdspencer has a spectacular aura about

The first one uses a specific file name "home.html" where the second link doesn't, so it uses the file index.html. This may be part of the problem.