Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2011, 08:29 AM   #1
HealingHands33
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 82
HealingHands33 is on a distinguished road
Default How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

In WebPlus X4, I've figured out how to use the Image Cutout Studio to remove the unwanted background of a photo and it works well. I then have the remaining "cutout" piece on my web page. However, what I want to do is to save that remaining "cutout" piece as an image file on my computer, as well as in the Media Bar, so that I can use it in the future on other sites without having to cut it out all over again. For some reason, though, I can't figure out how to save the "cutout" bit as a .jpg, .png, .gif, etc.

Any and all help in getting me on the right track will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
HealingHands33 is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Tom.
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 21,615
Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Welcome to the forums.

Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture.
Tom. is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master
 
Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East London, UK
Posts: 16,883
Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Or, just drag it to "My Designs" in the Gallery.
__________________
Free Serif Software PagePlus Review IrfanView Help My Fonts Serif Fonts
Help: DPX8 PPX9 WPX8 Specs AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit Edit
Bhikkhu Pesala is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 09:06 AM   #4
mjh
The one and only mjh
 
mjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 74,639
mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealingHands33 View Post
In WebPlus X4, I've figured out how to use the Image Cutout Studio to remove the unwanted background of a photo and it works well. I then have the remaining "cutout" piece on my web page. However, what I want to do is to save that remaining "cutout" piece as an image file on my computer, as well as in the Media Bar, so that I can use it in the future on other sites without having to cut it out all over again. For some reason, though, I can't figure out how to save the "cutout" bit as a .jpg, .png, .gif, etc.

Any and all help in getting me on the right track will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Good morning and welcome to the Serif forums.

You need to save a cutout in a file format that supports transparency..... *.gif or 32bit *.png.

Select the cutout > File > Publish Site > Export as Picture.
__________________
---------------
T9900, 8 GB RAM, 512 vidram, WIN 7 Ult 64-bit - Chrome
mjh is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 09:06 AM   #5
HealingHands33
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 82
HealingHands33 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Hi, and thanks for the speedy replies!

I tried the first idea (Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture), but when I exported as a picture, brought the picture into my Media Bar, then loaded it into a document, it came up as the full rectangular picture (i.e., before I cut out the two standing figures I wanted); in other words, it didn't let the page background show through between the two figures.

However, when I tried the second idea, dragging it to My Designs in the Gallery, it worked like a charm. I was able to simply drag it from the Gallery onto a blank page and have the page background show through between the figures (where I had cutout the original photo background).

I'm not sure what I may have done wrong in trying the first idea, but at least I now have a method that works.

Thanks again to you both.
HealingHands33 is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 09:09 AM   #6
mjh
The one and only mjh
 
mjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 74,639
mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealingHands33 View Post
Hi, and thanks for the speedy replies!

I tried the first idea (Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture), but when I exported as a picture, brought the picture into my Media Bar, then loaded it into a document, it came up as the full rectangular picture (i.e., before I cut out the two standing figures I wanted); in other words, it didn't let the page background show through between the two figures.

However, when I tried the second idea, dragging it to My Designs in the Gallery, it worked like a charm. I was able to simply drag it from the Gallery onto a blank page and have the page background show through between the figures (where I had cutout the original photo background).

I'm not sure what I may have done wrong in trying the first idea, but at least I now have a method that works.

Thanks again to you both.

What you did was to save the cutout in a file format that does not support transparency.
__________________
---------------
T9900, 8 GB RAM, 512 vidram, WIN 7 Ult 64-bit - Chrome
mjh is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 09:11 AM   #7
Ali
Guru
 
Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rushmere St Andrew, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
Posts: 23,983
Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture.
And if you do it this way, choose .gif or 32-bit .png as the image type, as only these support transparency.
__________________
Ali
Win 10 64-bit | Toshiba Laptop with Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz & 16GB RAM
Win 10 Pro 64-bit | Samsung Laptop with Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz & 8GB RAM

Ali is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 09:17 AM   #8
HealingHands33
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 82
HealingHands33 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Thanks, MJH and Ali,

I had just figured that out because I saw the Similar Threads listing at the bottom of the page, read that thread, saved it as a .png instead of .jpg, and sure enough, it worked like a charm.

Thanks again for all your help. It's nice to know that there's a helpful and friendly Serif community out there.

Cheers,
Al
HealingHands33 is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WebPlus X4: Saving an Image Processed by Image Cutout Studio Ken45140 WebPlus 4 3rd February 2010 02:38 PM
PagePlus X3: Image Cutout Studio SEW PagePlus 3 25th October 2009 10:42 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:31 AM.