Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 28th September 2011, 08:29 AM   #1
HealingHands33

HealingHands33 is on a distinguished road
Default How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

In WebPlus X4, I've figured out how to use the Image Cutout Studio to remove the unwanted background of a photo and it works well. I then have the remaining "cutout" piece on my web page. However, what I want to do is to save that remaining "cutout" piece as an image file on my computer, as well as in the Media Bar, so that I can use it in the future on other sites without having to cut it out all over again. For some reason, though, I can't figure out how to save the "cutout" bit as a .jpg, .png, .gif, etc.

Any and all help in getting me on the right track will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How can I save a cutout image in Image Cutout Studio?

Welcome to the forums.

Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

Or, just drag it to "My Designs" in the Gallery.
Old 28th September 2011, 09:06 AM   #4
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealingHands33 View Post
In WebPlus X4, I've figured out how to use the Image Cutout Studio to remove the unwanted background of a photo and it works well. I then have the remaining "cutout" piece on my web page. However, what I want to do is to save that remaining "cutout" piece as an image file on my computer, as well as in the Media Bar, so that I can use it in the future on other sites without having to cut it out all over again. For some reason, though, I can't figure out how to save the "cutout" bit as a .jpg, .png, .gif, etc.

Any and all help in getting me on the right track will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Good morning and welcome to the Serif forums.

You need to save a cutout in a file format that supports transparency..... *.gif or 32bit *.png.

Select the cutout > File > Publish Site > Export as Picture.
Old 28th September 2011, 09:06 AM   #5
HealingHands33

Hi, and thanks for the speedy replies!

I tried the first idea (Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture), but when I exported as a picture, brought the picture into my Media Bar, then loaded it into a document, it came up as the full rectangular picture (i.e., before I cut out the two standing figures I wanted); in other words, it didn't let the page background show through between the two figures.

However, when I tried the second idea, dragging it to My Designs in the Gallery, it worked like a charm. I was able to simply drag it from the Gallery onto a blank page and have the page background show through between the figures (where I had cutout the original photo background).

I'm not sure what I may have done wrong in trying the first idea, but at least I now have a method that works.

Thanks again to you both.
Old 28th September 2011, 09:09 AM   #6
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealingHands33 View Post
Hi, and thanks for the speedy replies!

I tried the first idea (Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture), but when I exported as a picture, brought the picture into my Media Bar, then loaded it into a document, it came up as the full rectangular picture (i.e., before I cut out the two standing figures I wanted); in other words, it didn't let the page background show through between the two figures.

However, when I tried the second idea, dragging it to My Designs in the Gallery, it worked like a charm. I was able to simply drag it from the Gallery onto a blank page and have the page background show through between the figures (where I had cutout the original photo background).

I'm not sure what I may have done wrong in trying the first idea, but at least I now have a method that works.

Thanks again to you both.

What you did was to save the cutout in a file format that does not support transparency.
Old 28th September 2011, 09:11 AM   #7
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Select the image and try File > Publish Site > Export as Picture.
And if you do it this way, choose .gif or 32-bit .png as the image type, as only these support transparency.

Old 28th September 2011, 09:17 AM   #8
HealingHands33

Thanks, MJH and Ali,

I had just figured that out because I saw the Similar Threads listing at the bottom of the page, read that thread, saved it as a .png instead of .jpg, and sure enough, it worked like a charm.

Thanks again for all your help. It's nice to know that there's a helpful and friendly Serif community out there.

Cheers,
Al