Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > Web Hosting

Notices

Web Hosting Questions about using or uploading to your hosting from WebPlus.net or other providers

Old 4th February 2014, 06:28 PM   #1
shonz

shonz is on a distinguished road
Default My webplus x6 site has vanished!

Hi guys,

I'm really hoping that somebody can give me an explanation for what's happened today.

Yesterday I uploaded my site successfully to ipage. Today I was viewing the file in webplus x6 so that I could enable google analytics. Everything appeared to go OK despite the window popping up and saying the value you have entered does not appear to be a valid google analytics code snippet. But according to other viewers this is normal so I pressed OK.

Anyway, I wanted to make some changes to fonts and sentences so I opened by website project in wp. Maybe I made a mistake but I tried to preview the page in question normally and the screen went white and transparent and there was a message about the upload being unsuccesful or not being found, I forget which. Anyway, after a while I could preview the page.

I then closed by website project and went out. Now opening webplus my site file has gone and I cannot see it on my hardrive. What on Earth has gone on? Can anybody help me here, please?
Old 4th February 2014, 06:34 PM   #2
shonz

shonz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My webplus x6 site has vanished!

Hi again,

I might have found it... I saved it in dropbox but the file went straight there without making a copy. Didn't know about that.