Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > Web Hosting

Notices

Web Hosting Questions about using or uploading to your hosting from WebPlus.net or other providers

Old 21st April 2012, 02:21 PM   #1
moodjick

moodjick is on a distinguished road
Default WebPlus X5 hosting problem with GoDaddy domain and webmail

I created a website design with WebPlus X5 and published it a week ago. I already had a domain name & webmail through GoDaddy and after necessary set ups, everything worked great. Website was live, links to GoDaddy webmail was working, emails were coming and going as expected. A couple days ago, website went off the air. My GoDaddy person (who set up my domain and webmail) talked to a WebPlus tech support and my website was on again. Unfortunately my webmail was not working anymore. I am told that there is no solution and my best option is to transfer the domain to WebPlus. I am very new to this. I don't understand why it was working for some time and without anyone doing anything it can't work anymore. This is a website for my business and I already have a lot of important activities going and it will look bad to my investors if everything falls apart.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.
Old 21st April 2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Mick
Expert

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of
Default Re: WebPlus X5 hosting problem with GoDaddy domain and webmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodjick View Post
I created a website design with WebPlus X5 and published it a week ago. I already had a domain name & webmail through GoDaddy and after necessary set ups, everything worked great. Website was live, links to GoDaddy webmail was working, emails were coming and going as expected. A couple days ago, website went off the air. My GoDaddy person (who set up my domain and webmail) talked to a WebPlus tech support and my website was on again. Unfortunately my webmail was not working anymore. I am told that there is no solution and my best option is to transfer the domain to WebPlus. I am very new to this. I don't understand why it was working for some time and without anyone doing anything it can't work anymore. This is a website for my business and I already have a lot of important activities going and it will look bad to my investors if everything falls apart.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.
Hi and welcome to the forums,

Your webmail has nothing to do with Webplus and should be down to your hoster (GoDaddy)

Webplus only creates the sites html files and it's content and does not control anything server related via GoDaddy, the only thing I can suggest is you contact your web guru and ask him to talk to the tech guys again at GoDaddy, as I'm 100% certain nobody here can alter or control anything web server related outside of the webplus.net hosting.

Intel Core i7 980X 3.60GHz - 8Gig DDR3 PC3 - Windows 8.1 - WPX8 16.0.4.32 - DPX8 14.0.1.21 - PPX9 19.0.0.14
Old 21st April 2012, 05:14 PM   #3
moodjick

Thank you Mick,

my GoDaddy guru spent a long time with a WebPlus tech on the phone and their conclusion is that the 2 systems are not compatible.
Do you know how long it may take to transfer domain names/webmail from GoDaddy to WebPlus?

Thank you again.
Old 21st April 2012, 09:05 PM   #4
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Any suggestion?

Thank you.
Quote:
Thank you Mick,

my GoDaddy guru spent a long time with a WebPlus tech on the phone and their conclusion is that the 2 systems are not compatible.
Do you know how long it may take to transfer domain names/webmail from GoDaddy to WebPlus?

Thank you again.
AFAIK you cannot transfer Domains and Webmail to WebPlus.net. They can only register new domains.

If I read your first post correctly I believe the following has happened:

1. You created a Website in WPX5 and uploaded it to a WebPlus.net hosting account: yourdomain.webplus.net
2. Your GoDaddy Domain was both forwarded (re-directed) to this new subdomain, and also (later) had its NameServers pointed to webplus.net.
3. The Nameserver change can take 24-48 hours to fully propagate on the Internet - during the period while the namesrvers were being changed your Godaddy email/webmail and the forward to your new domain will still work.
Once the nameserver change is complete it means all your hosting (including email) is based at WebPlus.net and the old email address will no longer work.

Options: 1. Host everything at GoDaddy - you do not have to use WebPlus.net with WebPlusX5 (I don't).
2. Undo the nameserver change (email will return to your domain at GoDaddy) and only re-direct the Domain (at GoDaddy) to your "yourdomain.webplus.net.
Old 21st April 2012, 11:45 PM   #5
moodjick

Thank you very much Alan, I will try that and will let you know if it works.
Old 26th April 2012, 08:10 PM   #6
risey

risey is on a distinguished road

I have been using Godaddy for many years and creating sites using both WPX5 and Xara Designer Pro with no problems at all.
Are you telling WP to upload to the correct folder? Its possible that the guy that created your site also created a folder for the site to house the index file. Its good practice to do this because if you have 150gig of space as i do then you can run several sites from the same hosting account.
So to check do the following:
1. Log into godaddy
2. Click MY ACCOUNT (FAR RIGHT)
3. Click the + icon under web hosting
4. Click the LAUNCH Button for the hosting account (GREEN BUTTON)
5. Click DOMAINS (you will be taken to domain manager)
You will now see a list of domain names associated with your hosting account. Next to the domain name you will see FOLDER, under this it shows where each site is uploading its main files too.

If everything seems fine, then you can do the following to get the site back, delete the domain name and folder associated with the account. Next click ADD DOMAIN and name a FOLDER. Once you run setup it will take around 10mins, you will then need to upload your site again to the folder you named.

Cheers
Risey
Old 27th April 2012, 09:27 AM   #7
moodjick

Thank you all very much,

I ended up moving my hosting from Serif to GoDaddy and things are working good now.
Old 27th April 2012, 01:47 PM   #8
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you all very much,

I ended up moving my hosting from Serif to GoDaddy and things are working good now.
Good news - thank for the update.
Old 5th March 2013, 09:40 PM   #9
PeterReivers

PeterReivers is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the question and answer threads. I have domains on GoDaddy and wondered if WebPlus generated files for Linux or Windows servers. My understanding is that only HTML files are created so either hosting server platform will work - agreed?
Old 6th March 2013, 12:23 PM   #10
alspar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterReivers View Post
Thanks everyone for the question and answer threads. I have domains on GoDaddy and wondered if WebPlus generated files for Linux or Windows servers. My understanding is that only HTML files are created so either hosting server platform will work - agreed?
Yes - agreed.
Old 2nd December 2013, 01:10 PM   #11
wiseborn

wiseborn is on a distinguished road

Thank you Risey, you have give me hope, but let me ask you this, with webplus x7 or x6 software, can i host my website in any hosting account? please i need help.
Old 2nd December 2013, 01:32 PM   #12
alspar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseborn View Post
Thank you Risey, you have give me hope, but let me ask you this, with webplus x7 or x6 software, can i host my website in any hosting account? please i need help.
Yes, WebPlus created websites can be hosted by virtually any host that supports FTP uploads.
Old 2nd December 2013, 01:39 PM   #13
wiseborn

wiseborn is on a distinguished road

Thank you alspar, Please whatever happen i will let you know and seek advice. Thank soo much
Old 6th December 2013, 08:48 PM   #14
Art

Art is a jewel in the roughArt is a jewel in the rough

From recent experience though just make sure that the email capabilities you are being offered meet your needs.

I'll leave names out of it but the company I'm about to leave had the maximum of 10 addressees in the distribution list, anything higher was considered bulk mailing! and therefore blocked. I can see the need for daily limits, but a single email limit as low as this was ridiculous, the SMTP 'standard acceptance' appears to be 100.

Art

Art

** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem **