Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > Web Hosting

Notices

Web Hosting Questions about using or uploading to your hosting from WebPlus.net or other providers

Old 19th August 2013, 09:44 PM   #1
RIrving

RIrving is on a distinguished road
Default Email server blacklist

Hello all,

As some of you may be aware, our email servers have been incorrectly blacklisted by some spam email protection services, resulting in emails being bounced back. We are currently working hard with these service providers to have our email servers removed from their blacklists to allow email from our servers to make it through.

Please bear with us whilst this is resolved. We will post another announcement once we have more information for you.

kind regards
Russell
Serif Technical Support
Old 19th August 2013, 10:03 PM   #2
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Email server blacklist

Thanks for the news.
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 19th August 2013, 10:54 PM   #3
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Thanks for letting us know, Russell

Old 29th August 2013, 03:17 PM   #4
RIrving

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to report that the email servers are back to normal operation after having been wrongly blacklisted by spam email protection servers.

As of this point you should have no further problems with your email accounts. If however, you seem to be having issues regarding your Serif web mail, please let us know and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

We do appreciate your time and patience during this period.

kind regards

Russell

Serif Technical Support
Old 29th August 2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Archibald
Master

Archibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIrving View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to report that the email servers are back to normal operation after having been wrongly blacklisted by spam email protection servers.

As of this point you should have no further problems with your email accounts. If however, you seem to be having issues regarding your Serif web mail, please let us know and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

We do appreciate your time and patience during this period.

kind regards

Russell

Serif Technical Support
Thanks Russell,

I can confirm that my email address was no longer blacklisted yesterday
Old 5th September 2013, 05:11 PM   #6
RIrving

Hello everyone,

further to the situation regarding our email servers being blacklisted by Spamcop and since gettng removed from those blacklists, we discovered this afternoon that our servers have now been blacklisted by Hotmail/MSN/Live Mail.

We are already working with Microsoft to have this problem rectified and hope to have a resolution secured in short time.

As for the root cause of the problem, we have identified and locked down a user's email account that was sending spam email en masse. Can I please take this moment to remind you that when choosing a password for any account (email, hosting etc) to make it as secure as possible. Please click on the link below for tips on choosing a secure password:

http://bit.ly/16JJHte

We will post another announcement as soon as we have had a successful response back from Microsoft regarding the blacklisting.

thank you for your time,

Russell @ Serif Technical Support
Old 5th September 2013, 05:18 PM   #7
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Hello everyone,

further to the situation regarding our email servers being blacklisted by Spamcop and since gettng removed from those blacklists, we discovered this afternoon that our servers have now been blacklisted by Hotmail/MSN/Live Mail.

We are already working with Microsoft to have this problem rectified and hope to have a resolution secured in short time.

As for the root cause of the problem, we have identified and locked down a user's email account that was sending spam email en masse. Can I please take this moment to remind you that when choosing a password for any account (email, hosting etc) to make it as secure as possible. Please click on the link below for tips on choosing a secure password:

We will post another announcement as soon as we have had a successful response back from Microsoft regarding the blacklisting.

thank you for your time,

Thank you for the update with specifics, Russell.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:59 AM   #8
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Please click on the link below for tips on choosing a secure password:

For those who like to know what they're clicking on:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/tips-for-creating-a-strong-password

Steve Gibson's Password Haystacks page may also be of interest.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 6th September 2013, 06:36 PM   #9
RIrving

Hello Everyone,

We have been made aware by a few of our customers during the course of today that they have also received bounce back messages from Yahoo, Comcast, AOL, AT&T & Prodigy. We believe this fallout is from the same email account that was being used to send out spam emails which has already been shut down.

We have already contacted all of the above mail providers to achieve a speedy resolution to this matter and I hope I can bring you news of a resolution in the very near future.

If you have received a bounce back message from a mail provider that we have not yet listed, please get in touch with our technical support team who will request a few details from you. This will enable us to contact these companies directly and tackle this problem head on.

I can only apologise for the frustration and complication this is causing you all. I can assure you we are doing all we can to get this rectified as fast as possible and I will do my best to keep you all in the loop on this matter.

thank you for your time and patience.

Old 6th September 2013, 06:42 PM   #10
mjh
The one and only mjh

thanks for keeping us in the loop, Russell.

Old 11th September 2013, 09:20 AM   #11
Leigh
Serif Europe Limited

Leigh is on a distinguished road

We’ve been removed from the Yahoo! blacklist. WebPlus.net users can now send emails to Yahoo! email addresses. Also, Hotmail/Live/Outlook are now accepting emails sent from WebPlus.net but they’re automatically moved into the SPAM folder, just like Gmail & AOL.

We will continue to update this thread when we have more information. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Leigh
Serif Technical Support
Old 13th September 2013, 10:45 PM   #12
RIrving

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you all know, we have made some changes to the Webplus.net mail server that should have negated the recent blacklisting issues.

However, should you still receive any bounce-back or blacklisted messages when sending your emails, please get in touch with the technical support team by clicking the link below:

https://community.serif.com/article/details/67

I would like to say thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding throughout this problematic period.

many thanks