Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 18th June 2012, 03:43 PM   #101
bjornunda

bjornunda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Serif Web Resources (SWR) Product Suggestions

FORUM SMART OBJECT

1. Please enable definable avatar images.

2. The "Log me on automatically each visit" option doesn't work. If its only function is auto log-out then it should say so.

3. Make it as functional as this forum (thereby including 1 & 2 above). It is identified as a Serif modified product, it should showcase both Serif and the Smart Object.

Update 21st July 2012 - 2. above now works correctly, thank you (I'm sure it wasn't just my fault before).

Last edited by bjornunda; 21st July 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: to insert update
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:22 AM   #102
David@WEBinate

David@WEBinate is on a distinguished road

Serif Web Resources: WPX7 Wish List
The long-standing feature of being able to use Serif WebPlus Smart Objects running off the Serif Web Resources server has been great. What would be even better, is if we had the option to run these Objects on servers other than Serif's. For example, there are situations where clients don't wish to be reliant on an external, third-party overseas server for features on their website. They prefer to have features running on the same local server where their website is hosted. Response times from the server to the site vsitor are usually much faster, and it would make life very easy if they choose to change hosts at any stage, and need to migrate their entire website, or if they change web designers (never happens - right?). Coffee Cup for example has addressed this need by offering the option to run their "Forms" on a local server, or on their dedicated CoffeeCup server (called "S-Drive"). I suspect over time the majority of WP users would choose local servers which would free up Serif Web Resources for others, and maybe even reduce overhead costs for Serif. Would really like to see this feature in WPX7. Thank you.

Last edited by David@WEBinate; 22nd July 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 22nd July 2012, 02:53 PM   #103
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@WEBinate View Post
Serif Web Resources: WPX7 Wish List
The long-standing feature of being able to use Serif WebPlus Smart Objects running off the Serif Web Resources server has been great. What would be even better, is if we had the option to run these Objects on servers other than Serif's. For example, there are situations where clients don't wish to be reliant on an external, third-party overseas server for features on their website. They prefer to have features running on the same local server where their website is hosted. Response times from the server to the site vsitor are usually much faster, and it would make life very easy if they choose to change hosts at any stage, and need to migrate their entire website, or if they change web designers (never happens - right?). Coffee Cup for example has addressed this need by offering the option to run their "Forms" on a local server, or on their dedicated CoffeeCup server (called "S-Drive"). I suspect over time the majority of WP users would choose local servers which would free up Serif Web Resources for others, and maybe even reduce overhead costs for Serif. Would really like to see this feature in WPX7. Thank you.
Yep; it would be good... and good point about it saving Serif's own resources by doing that too
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:08 AM   #104
macstand

macstand is on a distinguished road

Yes this is a great future feature..i agree
Old 28th July 2012, 04:42 PM   #105
ksteinar

ksteinar is on a distinguished road

Blog & Social Sharing suggestion
Currently, the option of sharing blog entries for blogs run through Serif Web resources is extremely limited There are 4 default share options, all of which are fairly irrelevant. You can not share on Facebook, Google+ or any other social type media. Considering the importance of social sharing and how sharing blogs has become an extremely important tool in building web presence and search engine ranking, I would respectfully request that Serif get on this quickly!!!
Old 23rd August 2012, 06:49 PM   #106
Bob Keen

Bob Keen is on a distinguished road

In the Smart Objects and the access control aspect, it would be very useful to have an email address search facility for those in a particular group.

Sometimes I need to check if someone has been added and at present, all of the email addresses are jumbled up and if you have a lot of members in the group, it can take a long time to find one, or not find one and wonder if you missed it.
Old 4th September 2012, 10:42 PM   #107
David Couper

David Couper is on a distinguished road

PagePlus Forms
For pdf forms, I would still like the customisation of the details in the web-to-email gateway, available in WPX5, to be available in PP - e.g. the customisation of the 'subject' heading of emails.
Old 6th November 2012, 05:42 PM   #108
richbell77

richbell77 is on a distinguished road

A good quality search / search results would be really useful
Old 6th November 2012, 07:59 PM   #109
Art

Art is a jewel in the roughArt is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Couper View Post
PagePlus Forms
For pdf forms, I would still like the customisation of the details in the web-to-email gateway, available in WPX5, to be available in PP - e.g. the customisation of the 'subject' heading of emails.
I agree, but it also needs that ability to pick up one of the fields, even if it is hidden one, to put in the 'subject' heading of email as well. That way more than one form can be included in the pdf if needed.

Art

** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem **
Old 17th December 2012, 10:57 PM   #110
commyguy

commyguy is on a distinguished road

I think social networking definitely should be added
Old 18th December 2012, 01:03 PM   #111
sergei_k

sergei_k is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by commyguy View Post
I think social networking definitely should be added
Additional social sharing options for blogs are already in development and likely to be available early next year
Old 18th December 2012, 01:26 PM   #112
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei_k View Post
Additional social sharing options for blogs are already in development and likely to be available early next year
Yippeee!!!!!

thanks Sergei
Old 18th December 2012, 11:19 PM   #113
TAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei_k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Yippeee!!!!!

thanks Sergei
Yippeee is right
Old 16th January 2013, 03:06 AM   #114
Bradley9397

Bradley9397 is on a distinguished road

Hi Serif Team,

Thank you for creating Serif and allowing the users to have input in making it better--it truly is a GREAT software!

I know that Serif gives us the ability to omit the software name and version in the header under the Site Properties when publishing the HTML Header. Is there any way that once visitors submit forms (created through Serif) via "Form Submission" that the "server@serifwebresources.com" page (and browser link) is hidden or omitted from the users view as well?

My customers seem to have a great issue with this informational page displaying on their websites--and it would truly assist my business as well. Thanks again.
Old 16th January 2013, 09:22 PM   #115
TAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley9397 View Post
Hi Serif Team,

Thank you for creating Serif and allowing the users to have input in making it better--it truly is a GREAT software!

I know that Serif gives us the ability to omit the software name and version in the header under the Site Properties when publishing the HTML Header. Is there any way that once visitors submit forms (created through Serif) via "Form Submission" that the "server@serifwebresources.com" page (and browser link) is hidden or omitted from the users view as well?

My customers seem to have a great issue with this informational page displaying on their websites--and it would truly assist my business as well. Thanks again.
I agree that it would be great

As an alternative, you could use a script such as forms to go to handle form submissions, and then redirect to your choice of page. Search the forums for Forms To Go if you are interested
Old 16th January 2013, 11:44 PM   #116
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
Search the forums for Forms To Go if you are interested
Alternatively, go here: Forms To Go integration guide for WebPlus X4.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 17th January 2013, 12:43 AM   #117
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley9397 View Post
Hi Serif Team,

Yes, there has been for a few versions.

Create a thankyou.html page, not in navigation.

On the Form Wizard, where it says: redirect, click select and select the page or enter the full url.

On form submission, submitters go to the thank you page immediately.
Old 20th January 2013, 02:22 AM   #118
Bradley9397

Bradley9397 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
I agree that it would be great

As an alternative, you could use a script such as forms to go to handle form submissions, and then redirect to your choice of page. Search the forums for Forms To Go if you are interested
Thanks Tae and MJH for your suggestions, they were truly helpful!
Old 26th February 2013, 10:30 AM   #119
mwatkins

mwatkins is on a distinguished road
Default forum registration

Forum registration, i would like to be. able to turn off the self registration, i know this is not possible at the moment, maybe serif could write this into their software,
it seems pointless that you have access control to the forum but users can still self registar.
mark
Old 8th July 2013, 01:34 PM   #120
Galen

Galen is on a distinguished road

It was mentioned that the 'Korean'issue, when is a password protected page is published showing a page full of symbols, not the original page content, is an SWR issue so I am mentioning this thread here.

Thank you.

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.p...ghlight=korean