Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > Scan, Stitch & Share

Notices

Scan, Stitch & Share Questions about using Scan, Stitch & Share for scanning and assembling large documents

Old 6th April 2011, 08:02 AM   #1
Stuckemuck

Stuckemuck is on a distinguished road
Default Will this software turn pictures automatically when stitching?

Hi!

My most annoying problem with stitching software (I tried all kinds) is the following:
I'd like to scan LP-covers (about 31 x 31 cm) in 4 parts with a normal A4-size scanner and have them stitched.
BUT... by scanning it in 4 parts there is a small difference in the angle of the scans - mostly about 0,5 to 1 degree (sometimes even lower) - I mean, who can really put an LP-cover on the scanner twice or more and have it scanned in exactly the same degree?

So my question is: Does "Scan Stitch & Share" reckognize the error (even if it's a small error) and correct it by turning the pictures to have them all "in line" before stitching them?

Alf
Old 6th April 2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will this software turn pictures automatically when stitching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckemuck View Post
Hi!

My most annoying problem with stitching software (I tried all kinds) is the following:
I'd like to scan LP-covers (about 31 x 31 cm) in 4 parts with a normal A4-size scanner and have them stitched.
BUT... by scanning it in 4 parts there is a small difference in the angle of the scans - mostly about 0,5 to 1 degree (sometimes even lower) - I mean, who can really put an LP-cover on the scanner twice or more and have it scanned in exactly the same degree?

So my question is: Does "Scan Stitch & Share" reckognize the error (even if it's a small error) and correct it by turning the pictures to have them all "in line" before stitching them?

Alf
Alf,

Yes. SSS will join them, even if some are rotated. See attached. Obviously SSS has no way of knowing the proper orientation, so the result may need trimming and rotating.

Geoff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	21488  

Last edited by Geoff Blanthorn; 6th April 2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:20 PM   #3
pauling
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Default Re: Will this software turn pictures automatically when stitching?

of course! There are lots of software available that offers stitching facility.