Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > Web Hosting

Notices

Web Hosting Questions about using or uploading to your hosting from WebPlus.net or other providers

Old 3rd May 2014, 05:54 PM   #1
goherefordshire

goherefordshire is on a distinguished road
Default Managing Multiple websites

Hi, I want to add multiple websites for different people. I have created an account and uploaded one website.

Could some one please walk me through how to add multiple websites under my account . I tried adding a new website to my current account and I got asked if I would like to over write the current website, which is a different website.

Have spent time vieweing the video tutorials but alas, have still not got it

I tried further
I click publish to web The Publish to web browser opens I click 'Webplus.net Hosting Select the Gold package Fill in the fields for the new web hosting It is at this point, having probs Will not allow me to use the email I used to register my first account I was hoping to manage all accounts with the same email for ease of use. I must be missing something.

Thanks for your time in advance
Old 3rd May 2014, 08:36 PM   #2
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Managing Multiple websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by goherefordshire View Post
Hi, I want to add multiple websites for different people. I have created an account and uploaded one website.

Could some one please walk me through how to add multiple websites under my account . I tried adding a new website to my current account and I got asked if I would like to over write the current website, which is a different website.

Have spent time vieweing the video tutorials but alas, have still not got it

I tried further
I click publish to web The Publish to web browser opens I click 'Webplus.net Hosting Select the Gold package Fill in the fields for the new web hosting It is at this point, having probs Will not allow me to use the email I used to register my first account I was hoping to manage all accounts with the same email for ease of use. I must be missing something.

Thanks for your time in advance
Serif's Webplus.net hosting is designed & intended for only one website.

The way you add extra websites to the webspace provided by other companies varies.

Usually you create a distinct folder for each website. This may create an extra subdomain. The new domain name is pointed to this new folder.
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 3rd May 2014, 09:00 PM   #3
goherefordshire

goherefordshire is on a distinguished road

Hi
Thank you for the reply, appreciated
How is this done, if possible could Serif provide a step by step instruction

Many Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 09:22 AM   #4
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hi

Many Thanks
Not quite sure what you mean:

- Serif Webplus.net web hosting is not intended to support more than one website per hosting account.

- The way that other companies support multiple websites, varies, so should be explained in that company's help files.

If using the WebPlus program to manage separate websites - even on the same hosting account - it is best to create and use a separate set of FTP upload details for each website. Then select the correct details when uploading each website.

If uploading to a different folder on your webspace, type the folder name into the "Folder" space in the WebPlus FTP account details.
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 4th May 2014, 12:10 PM   #5
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi

Many Thanks
If you are hosting with Serif - then you will currently have a Domain of yoursubdomain.webplus.net

Serif Hosting only permits one such Domain (website) in each hosting account.

You can add subsites in folders but these would have the address yoursubdomain.webplus.net/subsite1/ for example - which is probably not what you are trying to do.

If you want to host additional domains with webplus.net then you will need to purchase additional hosting accounts.

Other hosting providers offer hosting with multi-domain capabilities - the method for actually setting up and using these varies from provider to provider - but, normally (as Richard has already indicated), each Domain (website) is uploaded to a specific and separate folder on the host - and the Domain Address (URL) pointed to that folder.
Old 7th May 2014, 12:00 PM   #6
azeemkhan

azeemkhan is on a distinguished road

I use Google doc and sky drive for that it easy to use and can open easily in any where. i am seo optimizer most of the data in excel and word foam so it depend on few mb or kb. G mail give 70GB for per accounts and 100 GB from hotmail.

I hope you will use it remember me for best suggestion.
Old 8th May 2014, 08:49 PM   #7
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemkhan View Post
I use Google doc and sky drive for that it easy to use and can open easily in any where. i am seo optimizer most of the data in excel and word foam so it depend on few mb or kb. G mail give 70GB for per accounts and 100 GB from hotmail.

I hope you will use it remember me for best suggestion.
To quote Alfred in response to another of your posts:

Huh?