Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 15th January 2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Derekk Kilner

Derekk Kilner is on a distinguished road
Default Serif Flash Gallery

Is this gallery on offer from serif worth buying. I have always avoided flash as my understanding s that it will not display in ipads and some mobile devices.
Derekk Kilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 09:30 AM   #2
siehorst

siehorst is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: Serif Flash Gallery

Hi Derekk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekk Kilner View Post
... I have always avoided flash as my understanding s that it will not display in ipads and some mobile devices.
There will be no difference to Serifs Fash Gallery. But you may use a none flash but JS-one instead.
Quote:
Is this gallery on offer from serif worth buying. ...
That you have to try and decide by yourself if it fits your needs. I have benn a bit disappointed but I am using them for some small tasks.
horst
siehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 12:01 PM   #3
emmrecs

emmrecs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is this gallery on offer from serif worth buying. I have always avoided flash as my understanding s that it will not display in ipads and some mobile devices.
If you go to http://www.wondershare.com/pro/flash...ry-deluxe.html you can download a free trial of the program and then decide whether you want to buy it from Serif! (It is much cheaper from Serif than on the website.)

That's what I did and am just waiting for the package from Serif to arrive!

Jeff
Old 15th January 2013, 12:09 PM   #4
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Flash: you need to be aware that Flash is not supported on iPhone or iPad, or Android above version 4.0

For more on Windows 8 and Adobe Flash see:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...windows-8.html
Old 16th January 2013, 12:30 PM   #5
emmrecs

emmrecs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmrecs View Post
If you go to http://www.wondershare.com/pro/flash...ry-deluxe.html you can download a free trial of the program and then decide whether you want to buy it from Serif! (It is much cheaper from Serif than on the website.)

That's what I did and am just waiting for the package from Serif to arrive!

Jeff
HOWEVER, (as I have just discovered) the version supplied by Serif is NOT the latest on the Wondershare.com site and the Serif-supplied registration details do NOT work with that latest version so it must be uninstalled to allow installation of the disc version. Then, attempting to update, the message appears that "you have the latest version"!

But the disc version is 5.0.4; the trial (latest) version on the Wondershare site is 5.2.1 Despite the program's Help files claiming that lifetime updates are "part of the package", this seems to not be the case!

Caveat emptor!

(I shall be "talking" to Serif sales later today!)

Jeff

Response from Serif: the version supplied was specially "prepared" by Wondershare to offer full integration with WP. Transfer of files from Flash Gallery deluxe to WP is, apparently, "one-click" with the "Serif" version, more complex with the "non-Serif" version.

Last edited by emmrecs; 16th January 2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: To give details of Serif's response.
emmrecs is offline   Reply With Quote