Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PanoramaPlus

Notices

PanoramaPlus Questions about using PanoramaPlus for digital image stitching

Old 25th January 2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Simon Monahan

Simon Monahan is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Serif launches PanoramaPlus X4

Hello everyone!

Serif is delighted to announce the launch of a new and improved version of PanoramaPlus. PanoramaPlus X4 is the powerful, easy-to-use tool that automatically stitches photographs and still video frames together to create stunning panoramic pictures. Import photos or movie clips from sources including your hard drive, camera, or scanner and stitch them together horizontally or vertically. You can even create multiple panoramas simultaneously. Upload your finished panoramas to Facebook® and Flickr®, email them directly to friends and family, save as high-res images, or create personalised print projects, all from within PanoramaPlus X4

Useful links:
PanoramaPlus X4 Overview
PanoramaPlus X4 Video Intro
PanoramaPlus X4 User Guide
PanoramaPlus X4 Feature Table
PanoramaPlus X4 System Requirements

PanoramaPlus X4 is certified Windows 7 Compatible and works great with XP and Vista, too.

If you have any questions please post them here.
Old 1st February 2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Rupert Brun

Rupert Brun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Serif launches PanoramaPlus X4

`Other than one click export, what's new compared with PanoramaPlus X3? Usually there's a "new features" link on the web page where new products are advertised but there isn't here... having looked at the feature list it doesn't seem that it actually does a better job of creating panoramas, it's just got a bit more integration with other apps - would that be correct?
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rupert,

The major new features are:
  • Save your panorama project to return to later for further editing
  • Upload to Facebook
  • Upload to Flickr
  • Better memory handling when importing and stitching files that make multiple panoramas
  • New seamless integration with AlbumPlus X4
Old 3rd February 2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Jim B.
Master

Jim B. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
  • Save your panorama project to return to later for further editing
  • Upload to Facebook
  • Upload to Flickr
  • Better memory handling when importing and stitching files that make multiple panoramas
  • New seamless integration with AlbumPlus X4
Thanks for the list.

2. I don't use Facebook.

3. I don't use Flickr.

5. I don't use AlbumPlus.

Hmmm. 2 out of 5. Is 1 & 4 sufficient to upgrade? I'll wait to see what is in the offer from the mysterious Natasha.

Picture taking. It's a snap!

Good photography. It's complicated.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Rupert Brun

Rupert Brun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
Hi Rupert,

Thanks Sarah.
I don't use Facebook.
I do use Flickr but am quite happy using their uploader.
I don't use AlbumPlus.
I don't remember wanting to come back and edit my panoramas later - once I've stitched them I save the output and that's that.

I think I'll skip this one!
Old 11th March 2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Smegbuster

Smegbuster is on a distinguished road

I've just got PanoramaPlus X4 included free with PhotoPlus X4, so have tried comparing it with my existing v3.

Comparing the Overview in the Help for both versions, X4 also seems to have the following above v3:
"When importing source photos, PanoramaPlus will automatically exclude any duplicates and alert you via the Import Report dialog."
(whereas v3's overview talks about removing duplicates AFTER import).

Other than that, the program and the help content look very similar. (...although the help has got a more modern makeover as regards its presentation.)
PagePlus X4 (used since v3), WebPlus X4, MoviePlus X5, PhotoPlus X4, vanBasco Karaoke Player
Old 29th May 2011, 05:04 AM   #7
jcalbano

jcalbano is on a distinguished road

No matching feature error is still given while the trial download works perfectly.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Old 25th July 2011, 08:06 PM   #8
BkWdsDrftr

BkWdsDrftr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalbano View Post
No matching feature error is still given while the trial download works perfectly.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
I've noticed that too. But in my case, having thought to 'upgrade' to Serif's version for one particular project, I've started getting 'no matching feature' errors more often. But not always.

Try using a photo set with more overlap and more differences in shapes & colors. If some of your pics are nothing but empty sky where they overlap, that might be too much of a challenge to find matching features. You ought to shoot pics that anchor the sky to ground features, or have nicely defined clouds for references.

I deleted some great photo sets after getting an error, before I found out that the free version worked better on those. Keep in mind, Serif is not the owner of the free version, they only have purchased enough of the modules to build a nicer looking GUI which they in turn resell as 'Panorama Plus'. I believe the free version has a couple tricks that PP doesn't have as one of the Serif techs directly informed me that Serif didn't purchase all of the available modules which are included in the free version.

The only features I could recommend about the full version is the memory management. All the rest of the additions are not really needed, with the exception perhaps for the straightening tool. That's a better method than what I had been doing - calculating the rotation angle in degrees then running a rotation command using that number.

Last edited by BkWdsDrftr; 6th December 2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: I misunderstood some facts