Notices

ImpactPlus / 3DPlus ImpactPlus / 3DPlus

Old 1st April 2012, 12:32 PM   #41
Peanuts

Peanuts has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixwheels View Post
I think that's fantastic! It really is an amazing program.
Thanks Sixwheels

Your comments are really appreciated.

As Ron said to post I found it easiest to export my effort into PhotoPlus X5, reduce size because Bryce 7 produces big and then convert to jpeg.

Program is amazing plus free, which is even more amazing.

Echoing Ron - Pity Serif don't get their finger out and update Impact.

As a long time Serif user and devotee I almost feel guilty about posting on this forum about another product but if my and other postings 'shame' Serif into action then it will be worth it.

Peanuts.
Old 1st April 2012, 01:10 PM   #42
Peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS Design View Post
Peanuts -

Wow! Just WOW! And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I think it is awesome! And the skull was a great touch ( and a great reason to put PhP into play ).

Sorry, I can't help out with the ordering of objects ( as I'm still learning it too ! ), but you've inspired me to 'play around' a little more. Thanks.

If I figure out the ordering issue ( before you do ), I'll reply to this thread.

Could you share your output / render settings, please? And how long did the render take? I used the basic 'Preview Quality' and it still took about 20 minutes or so to render. At first, I maxed out all of the render settings, and the estimated render time was over an hour, so I canceled it and just used the basic render settings.

Again, great job Peanuts... let's see some more !

Ron
Hi Ron

Thanks, it's a long time since I've inspired anybody

Cannot help with 'Render Settings', I just used the default settings the program installed with.
Checked how long it took for my effort to 'fully render' and anti-alias and it took exactly 58 seconds for both combined.
As I used render/anti-alias between object placing and each change, to each object, if it had taken an hour every time I would have been working until Christmas .

Found an on-line manual - http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch....g_wip_0204.pdf which at 87 pages I haven't read in depth yet but it looks very useful for all operations and settings.
If I can ever afford the ink I might even print it out.

It did say that because of high cpu usage whilst using render/anti-alias it was best not to have any other programs running in the background. Did you have anything else running?

Not working on anything today, my (old) eyes need a rest.
Next time I will get to the bottom of object ordering, so my dog - equivalent to my age - better get ready to spent time outside the computer room (really it's a spare bedroom but that doesn't sound as grand ).

Off to sign your partition re SERIF IMPACT in Product Suggestions.

Regards

Peanuts.
Old 1st April 2012, 01:59 PM   #43
HLS Design

HLS Design is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Alternatives

Quote:
I recently purchased for DAZ 3D Studio the Genesis Evolution body and head morphs, and I so want to post an image of what's possible with this program, but unfortunately, to get the full idea of what you can do, the figure's have to be naked. :-( There is no genitalia, of course, but I don't suppose that matters. I also purchased the creature head and body morphs, so I was wondering if I can post them? They are also naked, but there's certainly nothing sexual about them. ;-)
Sixwheels -

After watching a couple tutorials, and playing around some more... it seems that you need to press the 'content library' to access the clothing, hair, props, poses, etc...

Here she is ( Genisis ) with clothes on ! Simple Cartoon render, as the photo-realistic render was just taking too long.

So it seems I was wrong ( about needing to purchase any items, as they are included with the model - just have to look under the correct tab ).

Enjoy!

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fully clothed render - test.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	31645  
Old 1st April 2012, 02:04 PM   #44
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Here she is ( Genisis ) with clothes on !
With clothes on, but "fully clothed render"? She's got bare feet!

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 1st April 2012, 02:13 PM   #45
HLS Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
With clothes on, but "fully clothed render"? She's got bare feet!

Alfred
Alfred -

Thanks for pointing that out! I was kind of rushing as I played around with it on my laptop last night, and tried to re-produce the results this morning at work.

However, in my haste, I forgot to put her 'boots' on.

Actually, when I adjusted her 'chest size' they were peeking out of her shirt, so I had to scale it back a little to make sure they weren't popping out ( and totally forgot about her 'bare' feet

But, I don't think nekkid feet would be considered offensive, so I'll just leave it at that. I just wanted to correct my earlier statement to Sixwheels, so he could dress up his model and display his masterpiece without worrying about offending anybody.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 1st April 2012, 02:27 PM   #46
Sixwheels

Sixwheels is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Sixwheels -

After watching a couple tutorials, and playing around some more... it seems that you need to press the 'content library' to access the clothing, hair, props, poses, etc...

Here she is ( Genisis ) with clothes on ! Simple Cartoon render, as the photo-realistic render was just taking too long.

So it seems I was wrong ( about needing to purchase any items, as they are included with the model - just have to look under the correct tab ).

Enjoy!

Ron
Ron, I know about the included clothing; my point was that to appreciate what the body and head morph packages can do, you really need to see the figures naked. Unfortunately. But not for me, since I can see them.

Attached is a sample of a starting and ending point.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Genesis Normal.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	31646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sally.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	31647  

James H

My Super Simple PhP Tutorials.
Old 1st April 2012, 02:50 PM   #47
HLS Design

Exclamation Re: Alternatives

Quote:
Ron, I know about the included clothing; my point was that to appreciate what the body and head morph packages can do, you really need to see the figures naked. Unfortunately. But not for me, since I can see them.

Attached is a sample of a starting and ending point.
SixWheels -

Ah, I see! Very nice. You can always PM me the entire 'uncropped' version, so I can appreciate it

Anyways, while browsing the store, I found Micheal 4 which states: This is the most versatile, realistic, and anatomically accurate male human figure ever made available for public use.

I wonder if he looks like a ken doll when loaded ( without clothes )

Nice render BTW ! Keep 'em coming ( but make sure to import into PhP to add backgrounds, so I don't feel so guilty - this is a Serif forum you know and I'm started to feel bad introducing this new 'toy' for people to play with ).

Ron
Old 1st April 2012, 03:02 PM   #48
Sixwheels

And this one is for the ladies.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Genesis Normal 2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	31648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Studly Doright.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	31649  

James H

Old 1st April 2012, 03:03 PM   #49
Peanuts

UPDATE

Re my posting of a link to Bryce 7 on-line manual - http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch....g_wip_0204.pdf

This is not 87 pages long, it is 1222.

I will not be printing it.

Peanuts.
Old 1st April 2012, 03:04 PM   #50
Sixwheels

I will see about adding some backgrounds, Ron, but to be truthful, you can add backgrounds within the DAZ program. ;-) Actually, I haven't figured out how to do it yet, but I know it's possible.

James H

Old 1st April 2012, 03:12 PM   #51
HLS Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
UPDATE

Re my posting of a link to Bryce 7 on-line manual - http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch....g_wip_0204.pdf

This is not 87 pages long, it is 1222.

I will not be printing it.

Peanuts.
Peanuts -

Yeah, when I clicked on it, it took awhile to download ( I think the index alone is like 87 pages ).

But definitely, a good find and I saved it for future reference.

But thanks for the clarification !

Ron
Old 1st April 2012, 03:23 PM   #52
HLS Design

Quote:
I will see about adding some backgrounds, Ron, but to be truthful, you can add backgrounds within the DAZ program. ;-) Actually, I haven't figured out how to do it yet, but I know it's possible.
SixWheels -

Yeah, it is possible and you also can make some beautiful landscapes using the Bryce Software... but I feel bad and want to keep using my Serif Apps as much as possible

I must admit, for FREE, these are some really powerful, and easy to use pieces of software. So easy, that some awesome results have already been posted in such a short time. Imagine what can be accomplished once, we all get to grips with the software and use it to it's full potential. I actually just uninstalled TrueSpace and Blender, as I found Hexagon much easier to use, without the need for external rendering engines ( i.e. yafaray ).

Now let's bombard Serif with the Impact Plus X6 poll here: http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=110160 , and let our voices be heard ( I would gladly purchase it, provided we get the requested added tools, UV mapping and a better rendering engine )!

Ron
Old 1st April 2012, 06:29 PM   #53
Sixwheels

In my case, I don't think you should ever worry that I would favor a few pieces of (undoubtedly cool) software over my suite of Serif programs. You can create amazing images with the programs we've been talking about, but there is nothing that can replace the feeling of creating a piece of artwork from scratch, as I often do with PhotoPlus. The same can be said of DrawPlus. :-)

James H

Old 1st April 2012, 10:12 PM   #54
HLS Design

Quote:
... but there is nothing that can replace the feeling of creating a piece of artwork from scratch, as I often do with PhotoPlus. The same can be said of DrawPlus. :-)
SixWheels -

I agree! In fact, I'm gonna dig through the threads and try to resurrect the ones asking to 'show off' works created with PhotoPlus and DrawPlus !!

Happy Designing !!

Ron
Old 2nd April 2012, 02:46 PM   #55
Peanuts

Latest effort

Stargate: Visiting the Ancestors

[IMG][/IMG]

Again used Serif PhotoPlus X5 for all extra work - alien; skulls, pterodactyls.

Must stop eating cheese late at night

No more - don't want to appear to be 'pushing' Bryce.

I'm a Serif man at heart.

Peanuts.
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:39 PM   #56
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
Latest effort

Stargate: Visiting the Ancestors

[IMG][/IMG]

Again used Serif PhotoPlus X5 for all extra work - alien; skulls, pterodactyls.

Must stop eating cheese late at night

No more - don't want to appear to be 'pushing' Bryce.

I'm a Serif man at heart.

Peanuts.

That looks great. What I like about Bryce is that I can produce something that looks good even though I am not artistic. That was also what I like about ImpactPlus. I found it fascinating to be able to watch the "moon" gong through the "pyramid" in one of the tutorials. "Little things, etc"!

I also used to like the workshop and to be able to take a letter, extrude it, machine it, etc and then export it into the worksheet. You got some really interesting effects that way.
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:01 PM   #57
deekaybe

deekaybe is on a distinguished road

I did a lot with ImpactPlus in the past and was forced to go to other 3D tools. I opted for Carrara. It is not free (ImpactPlus isn't either) but it has a good community and high quality rendering.
This to answer the question about an alternative to IP. You won't find a copy of IP. Any tool you will look at will have a learning curve. But if I can give an advice: test different ones, take out the one that feels the best to your way of working and go for it. I don't regret that I learned Carrara. It is at the end not more complicated than IP. Due to the advanced tools and possibilities, I can work many times faster than I did with IP. I use the same way of modeling objects, but can do things that were impossible with IP. Again, make your choice and go for it.

I am not convinced that Bryce and DAZ studio are replacements for IP. DAZ Studio is great for posing pre-made content and Bryce is great for landscapes. I have Hexagon for years and am still not able to get something out of it. And Bryce's user interface is not really intuitive.

I have created video tutorial to show how to create a paper boat using IP:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deekayb...in/photostream

But here is a video clip I made for my wife, using Carrara. No way to get to this result with IP (unless Serif would put a lot of effort to come out with a new version that should at least be able to get to this result if they want to sell a few copies).
http://youtu.be/f7nly_vmxDI
I used MoviePlus to put the things together.

Have fun with 3D and don't be afraid to learn new software.

One different but very intuitive and free is Sculptris.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:34 PM   #58
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekaybe View Post
Have fun with 3D and don't be afraid to learn new software.

One different but very intuitive and free is Sculptris.
Hi Dominique,

Good to see you here. Don't be such a stranger!

Thanks for the tip about Sculptris.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 6th April 2012, 10:27 AM   #59
civiliza
Advanced Member

civiliza is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Thanks for the tip about Sculptris.
Same here, just had a quick play, and was able to come up with this in a relatively short time. OK, it would take longer to produce something that is actually reckonisable, but great fun nonetheless:

http://www.drawplus.com/photo.html?uid=16872
Old 6th April 2012, 06:15 PM   #60
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiliza View Post
Same here, just had a quick play, and was able to come up with this in a relatively short time. OK, it would take longer to produce something that is actually reckonisable, but great fun nonetheless:

http://www.drawplus.com/photo.html?uid=16872
Looks like good fun. Would like to have a play with it but need to do the important stuff first, before playing.