Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 7th November 2003, 03:04 PM   #1
Eric
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Multiple websites

Hi,
Can anyone help us, i have had to split up my website into other websites, 8 in total, manly because the sofeware would crash if more than 40 pages.
Now i want to upload, but cannot figure out how to best make the link from my maine website link to the others ON THE SAME SERVER.
ie i wish to upload all to one domain name.
Thankyou
Eric

Old 7th November 2003, 05:58 PM   #2
Pesala

Lightbulb Re:Multiple websites

Which software are you using? It must be pretty useless if it crashes with more than 40 pages, or are you just having problems with dropped connections when you try to upload?

Anyway, from Page Plus, when you publish to the web, you can choose the folder to publish the site to. The domain details remain the same.

In your case, you would create eight files, one for each section, and publish each section to its own folder on the server.

To link from one section to another, instead of making an internal link to the page name, (say About) you make an external link to www.mydomain.co.ukAbout.html.

This is what I did on my site. I made one small website called Talks, and linked to it from my News Page: http://www.aimwell.org/News/news.html. If you look at the page, under the heading CD of Dhamma talks, there is link: preview the CD here: http://www.aimwell.org/Talks/index.html and ...

This links to the index page of my website within a website. I hope that is clear. The site was created with Net Objects Fusion, but I am sure you could do the same with most programs.

With Net Objects Fusion, I can choose to publish the whole site, any branch of the website, with all its 'twigs' or a single page. That makes life a lot easier when you want to make changes. I think you can publish selected pages in Page Plus too, though I haven't used it much.

Old 8th November 2003, 05:30 AM   #3
Eric

Hi Pesala,
The sofeware i am using is serifs pageplus9! the reason i think it crushes so oftan is i use a lot of photos and html' i5 per page-. Your idea may work, i cannot test it as i have not uploaded to a host yet, anyway to test first?
Thankyou for your help.
Eric

Old 8th November 2003, 02:24 PM   #4
Jim B.

>> ... anyway to test first?<<

Yes. Just "publish locally". This will create all the HTML and other files of your web site, but they will be stored on your hard drive instead of being uploaded to your hosting service.

Jim B. :> )

Press The Camera's Release Button and Capture A Moment In Time!