Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 30th June 2014, 01:44 PM   #1
PaulineBish

PaulineBish is on a distinguished road
Default H1 seo problems

Hi
I have a site which was initially downloaded from another duplicate site on the net (as instructed by owner of sites).
The secondry site has been altered considerably using webplus so would not be viewed as copy site by search engines.
The site has been created with H1 headings on nearly every page, but seo software and Bing webmaster is all telling me that site has missing H1 on nearly every page.
here is a link to the page : http://www.remotekey.eu/
Any advice would be greatfully received, as I think this H1 issue is effecting our ability to improve search engine rankings.

Many thanks
Pauline
Old 30th June 2014, 01:51 PM   #2
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: H1 seo problems

As these forums are due to close tomorrow, you might be better served taking your query to Serif's new location, CommunityPlus, or to the independent FullyPixel site, where there are many WebPlus experts.

Old 30th June 2014, 02:45 PM   #3
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future
Default Re: H1 seo problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulineBish View Post
Hi
I have a site which was initially downloaded from another duplicate site on the net (as instructed by owner of sites).
The secondry site has been altered considerably using webplus so would not be viewed as copy site by search engines.
The site has been created with H1 headings on nearly every page, but seo software and Bing webmaster is all telling me that site has missing H1 on nearly every page.
here is a link to the page : remotekey.eu
Any advice would be greatfully received, as I think this H1 issue is effecting our ability to improve search engine rankings.

Many thanks
Pauline
It looks as if you do have H1 tags on most pages - I suggest that you search the HTML to check - but it also seems that you have included blank lines in some of those H1 tags. So you need to check carefully to see what was actually included when you applied these styles.

This is an example French page:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...org%2Fservices

Whether any of this will help your website's "rankings" is another matter.
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video