Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 27th June 2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Alex

Alex is on a distinguished road
Default I would just like to say a few things.

Dear friends,

I know I should post this in the general section, but it seems more fitting here as its where I spent most of my time and memories remain.

That and others have posted here so it doesnt seem to be considered as spam (not that it matters now anyway) but what the hell!

I would just like to add my part and take this opportunity to thank you all for all the help and support over the years.

I've been coming here since a young teenager, possibly age 13? Not sure, certainly since my secondary school so roughly 10 years-ish I think?

Regardless, this great community has had a huge impact on my life. The support and motivation I received as a young chap from you guys n gals had really pushed me further than I would have gone without you!

You have helped me so much over the years, with so many things... I couldn't have acheived half as much without you.

Especially you Marilyn, thanks so much for your motivation. You've really given me that drive that has stayed with me. You've boosted my confidence more than anyone else here and helped me on countless occasions, I couldn't thank you enough for all you've done and all you do for this community.

And Mick! You've stuck by me with the most painful and tedious tasks. Countless overly complicated scripts and designs which you've put limitless hours into, and all for the occasional pint or cup of coffee. For that I take my had off to you and thank you sir. You are a top notch chap.

Ali,
Although there have been times we haven't seen eye to eye, you've been a great friend! You've offered endless advice and suggestions over the years, and although I may not have agreed at the time, I knew in the long run you was right all along!
For that, I thank you for putting up with me!

Archibald, the answer to almost every problem I've had! Thank you for helping me time and time again. Your quick solutions have really helped me grasp an understanding of HTML. There are lines of code you have given me over the years that I still keep today. Safely stored away for a day I may need to refer back to them!

Lon, Thank you for always remembering my Birthday! All your help over the years, for your opinions, suggestions and most of all for giving this forum a pleasant ray of humour and delight, its people like you that have made this place such a great community!

Alfred, Thank you so much for all the times you've helped me with endless webplus issues! It's been a journey and I'm so grateful for all you have done. You've really helped me to develop my work over the years. Thanks for all the suggestions and your opinions.

BrianE, Thank you for all the times you've given me your opinions and guidance. You've really helped me to develop my designs over the years.

Thank you as well Tom, for all your help and suggestions. It has been greatly appreciated!

And the same thanks goes to all of you for everything you have done. I'm sorry if I have missed your name, but there are so many of you and that's why this has been such a great community.

I may from time to time pop into fully pixel but as these days I'm no longer perusing web design it won't be too often.

I just want to wish you all the best luck for the future, best health and best of everything. You really are outstanding great people who put so many hours into helping others.

You ask for nothing in return, just the friendship and appreciation of your fellow Serifer.

You guys are the best! And I feel lucky to have had to privilege to come to you for help and call you friend.

Last edited by Alex; 27th June 2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 27th June 2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I would just like to say a few things.

Alex,

It's watching new members, join, ask, attempt, grow....and, finally WOW and TEACH others, as you have, that has made this a fun and satisfying place over the years. Thanks for joining us, and good luck in all you do.

Lon "see you at FP" in NWArkansas
Old 27th June 2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in NWArkansas View Post
Alex,

It's watching new members, join, ask, attempt, grow....and, finally WOW and TEACH others, as you have, that has made this a fun and satisfying place over the years. Thanks for joining us, and good luck in all you do.

Lon "see you at FP" in NWArkansas
Thank you Lon Its certainly been a journey.
Old 28th June 2014, 12:02 AM   #4
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

I don't recall not seeing eye to eye except on very small issues. I certainly never felt that you had to be "put up with". Anyway, the point is that this was family: we have all been a part of something extremely special, and I feel privileged to have shared it with such a wonderful and eclectic bunch of people.

Old 28th June 2014, 12:19 AM   #5
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I don't recall not seeing eye to eye except on very small issues. I certainly never felt that you had to be "put up with". Anyway, the point is that this was family: we have all been a part of something extremely special, and I feel privileged to have shared it with such a wonderful and eclectic bunch of people.
Hear, hear! Or perhaps that should be, 'Here, here!'

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 28th June 2014, 02:41 AM   #6
mcclen

mcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Hear, hear! Or perhaps that should be, 'Here, here!'

Alfred
Or how about, here, here > Fully Pixel - the next chapter!
Old 28th June 2014, 08:45 AM   #7
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclen View Post
Or how about, here, here > Fully Pixel - the next chapter!
Shouldn't that be 'There, there!', or does that sound too much like an attempt to comfort those of us who mourn the loss of these great forums?

Alfred
Old 28th June 2014, 09:06 AM   #8
mcclen

mcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Shouldn't that be 'There, there!', or does that sound too much like an attempt to comfort those of us who mourn the loss of these great forums?

Alfred
How about 'get some 'there, there, over here, here....'

It's sad to say goodbye, although at least we can access the knowledge base that is the old forums, although it will be a bit odd, like walking through a ghost town & looking inside the houses were people used to be..
Old 28th June 2014, 09:15 AM   #9
Alex

Quote:
I was referring to the small things. just poking fun at times we wouldn't agree on things. That logo for example. Trying to make it a " v" and I didn't want to admit it didn't look likeboth a " v" and tick

Oh and certainly the early years you've had to "put up with" my spelling.

Last edited by AlfredP; 28th June 2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 28th June 2014, 09:21 AM   #10
Alex

Quote:
How about 'get some 'there, there, over here, here....'

It's sad to say goodbye, although at least we can access the knowledge base that is the old forums, although it will be a bit odd, like walking through a ghost town & looking inside the houses were people used to be..
Oh and thanks mcclen for all the help and advice with trying to set up my own web design hobby. I couldn't list all the times I've used yours as a reference to try to keep things looking professional.

Thanks for all your help and advice over the years. (Sorry I missed you from the top)
Old 28th June 2014, 09:32 AM   #11
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Trying to make it a " v" and I didn't want to admit it didn't look likeboth a " v" and tick
It still looks to me more like a tick than a 'v'!

Alfred
Old 28th June 2014, 09:46 AM   #12
mcclen

Quote:
Oh and thanks mcclen for all the help and advice with trying to set up my own web design hobby. I couldn't list all the times I've used yours as a reference to try to keep things looking professional.

Thanks for all your help and advice over the years. (Sorry I missed you from the top)
Always happy to help Alex.

Glad to see you have joined us at Fully Pixel, even if it's only for a chat now & again!
Old 28th June 2014, 01:18 PM   #13
Alex

Quote:
It still looks to me more like a tick than a 'v'!

Alfred
Yeah I ended up settling to make it just a tick. Rotating it and giving it a shorter tail just looked weird.

Quote:
Always happy to help Alex.

Glad to see you have joined us at Fully Pixel, even if it's only for a chat now & again!
Well it looks like its going to be a good community. Seems allot of people will be jumping ship to it.

I hope it thrives as well as these forums have. Time will tell.
Old 28th June 2014, 01:46 PM   #14
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Yeah I ended up settling to make it just a tick. Rotating it and giving it a shorter tail just looked weird.
I've just taken a look at the home page of your site. The rendered models for February, March and April 2014 are amazing: at first I thought they were photographs!

Alfred
Old 28th June 2014, 01:52 PM   #15
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
I was referring to the small things. just poking fun at times we wouldn't agree on things. That logo for example. Trying to make it a " v" and I didn't want to admit it didn't look likeboth a " v" and tick

Oh and certainly the early years you've had to "put up with" my spelling.
Your spelling has improved 'allot'. ;-)

Yes, we've all had some fun here. Hopefully the banter will transfer to FP in time, but I'm not ready just yet, as I need time to adjust to the idea. I've been very busy indeed in my new job since last September, which is good, but it has kept me away from FP more than I'd expected. Still, the summer holidays start for me within a couple of hours, so maybe next week I'll get a bit more stuck in.

Happy days!

Old 28th June 2014, 01:56 PM   #16
mcclen

Good on you Ali, fighting spirit coming to the fore!

See you over at FP at some stage.
Old 28th June 2014, 02:02 PM   #17
Ali
Guru

Quote:
Good on you Ali, fighting spirit coming to the fore!

See you over at FP at some stage.
I'm already there - have been right from the start. Was even a moderator for a while, but the aforementioned job got in the way. I'll go down with this sinking ship before I move over there wholesale. Remember, some of us go back a long way with these forums, far further than 2009, when this version of the forums appeared. With that length of association, it's much harder to let go than it is for some of you, whose association is relatively short.

Old 28th June 2014, 02:09 PM   #18
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Happy days!
How could you mention 'Happy days' without the related smiley??

Alfred
Old 28th June 2014, 02:17 PM   #19
mcclen

Quote:
I'm already there - have been right from the start. Was even a moderator for a while, but the aforementioned job got in the way. I'll go down with this sinking ship before I move over there wholesale. Remember, some of us go back a long way with these forums, far further than 2009, when this version of the forums appeared. With that length of association, it's much harder to let go than it is for some of you, whose association is relatively short.
Yes, I was aware you joined early but were not there a lot of late.

I'm just glad to hear you are seeing a time in the near future when you think you may want to help us make FP something worth being part of like this forum has been.

Even those of us only a member here for a few years feel quite sad about the closure, for me it will be easier to transition to FP fully though as I have been spending my time between here & there for quite a while now, so the change is less noticeable.
Old 28th June 2014, 03:10 PM   #20
Alex

Quote:
Your spelling has improved 'allot'. ;-)

Yes, we've all had some fun here. Hopefully the banter will transfer to FP in time, but I'm not ready just yet, as I need time to adjust to the idea. I've been very busy indeed in my new job since last September, which is good, but it has kept me away from FP more than I'd expected. Still, the summer holidays start for me within a couple of hours, so maybe next week I'll get a bit more stuck in.

Happy days!
Well you certainly have helped me over the years in the spelling department.

The corrections have taught me to take allot more care when composing my sentences... At the risk of having them pointed out as soon as I hit "Send".

New Job?

I must have missed that... Are you still teaching?