Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > MoviePlus

Notices

MoviePlus Questions about using MoviePlus for video editing

Old 3rd April 2014, 08:27 AM   #1
Indiana

Indiana is on a distinguished road
Default Basic CGI software

Hi All
Looking for some advice, is there any software for CGI that anyone can recommend that you can use with Moviplus. I am not very artistic still stuggle with matchstick men so something just basic. I currently have no plans to use it but once I find out what it can do and if I have the ability to use it my immagination can then take over. I know it will only be basic as my computer is only a few hundread pounds and not millions so Industrial Light and Magic need not worry just yet.

Indiana
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:32 AM   #2
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Basic CGI software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
Hi All
Looking for some advice, is there any software for CGI that anyone can recommend that you can use with Moviplus. I am not very artistic still stuggle with matchstick men so something just basic. I currently have no plans to use it but once I find out what it can do and if I have the ability to use it my immagination can then take over. I know it will only be basic as my computer is only a few hundread pounds and not millions so Industrial Light and Magic need not worry just yet.

Indiana
Some people use Blender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 4th April 2014, 01:47 PM   #3
Indiana

Thanks Richard

I had a look and downloaded it last night it seems to be just what I want especially after looking at some of the stuff others have done on YouTube. Its going to take me a long time to even use the basics but gives me something to do in my retirement.

Thanks Again

Indiana
Old 4th April 2014, 02:00 PM   #4
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks Richard

I had a look and downloaded it last night it seems to be just what I want especially after looking at some of the stuff others have done on YouTube. Its going to take me a long time to even use the basics but gives me something to do in my retirement.

Thanks Again

Indiana
Glad it helped. There will be other programs, as well as some new online services which provide simple animations.

Also the HTML5 animation in Google's Web Design tool.
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 14th April 2014, 06:03 AM   #5
CGJam

CGJam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks Richard

Thanks Again

Indiana
get through the basics of using blender and you may yet give ILM a run for their money

there are plenty of good quality teachers available on youtube you can pretty much just type "how to do x in blender" and you'll find a tutorial that covers it!
a good place to start would be well established learning websites such as Blender cookie
they have a huge range of easy to follow lessons for beginners as well as a paid subscription service that you might consider once you get further on, and want some advanced stuff. though they mainly deal with modelling.

there are others, but blender is capable of so much, it really depends on what you are aiming to do as i don't really want to list loads of sites that wouldn't be relevent to you
Old 14th April 2014, 02:53 PM   #6
Indiana

Thanks much appreciate the help and advice i will most certainly have a look Blender Cookie.

Tried the tutorial for making a gingerbread man but he came out with a few additional appendages but I think I missed out one or two important steps so i will give it another go.

Again thans to you all.

Indiana
Old 1st July 2014, 05:28 AM   #7
simpo

simpo is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I use Blender too... It is a great program.

For human character creation, you can use Makehuman from www.makehuman.org

I did the following using a combination of Movieplus, Blender, Makehuman and Inkscape

Blender Science Fiction animation