Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PanoramaPlus

Notices

PanoramaPlus Questions about using PanoramaPlus for digital image stitching

Old 31st August 2013, 07:17 PM   #1
mart4494

mart4494 is on a distinguished road
Default X4 refuses to install

Tried the trial version which worked fine so decided to upgrade to X4. I uninstalled the trial using Revo Uninstaller and rebooted. Also ran cc cleaner to remove any possible debris.

The installer starts then after looking as though it's all going okay suddenly starts rollback. No error messages displayed. Have tried normal install, administrator, compatibility mode although only offered Win XP SP2 mode.

My system specs - Win7(sp1)64bit, 8gb ram, 256SSD primary boot disk.

Any input appreciated as after trying everything I@ve simply run out of ideas.
Old 31st August 2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: X4 refuses to install

If this was a download, it may be incomplete. Download again.

If you have the CD, it could be defective and you will have to contact Serif for a replacement.
Old 31st August 2013, 11:12 PM   #3
mart4494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Blanthorn View Post
If this was a download, it may be incomplete. Download again.

If you have the CD, it could be defective and you will have to contact Serif for a replacement.
Thanks Geoff. Downloaded again but still no joy. Also uninstalled Movieplus X6 (must have had time on my hands) and reinstalled (MVP6) again - no problems.

Will have a look at the registry tomorrow to make sure nothing is 'blocking' it although I know that's just clutching at straws. Who knows, could just be my rig that X4 doesn't like.
Old 1st September 2013, 12:43 AM   #4
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

X4 is the current version, as far as I know, so Serif Support may be able to help if you still have problems.

Geoff
Old 1st September 2013, 12:50 AM   #5
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
X4 is the current version, as far as I know, so Serif Support may be able to help if you still have problems.

Geoff
Yes, it's on the list of 'Fully Supported Products' here:

https://community.serif.com/article/details/30

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 2nd September 2013, 03:37 PM   #6
mart4494

Feedback time. Extracted the contents of the downloaded exe file using Winrar - got the idea from Serif Support so hats off to them. Then installed using the msi file. All installed exactly as it should and working fine.

So if you have a problem then this may be a route to go. Thanks to those that provided feedback.
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Thanks for letting us know.

Geoff
Old 2nd September 2013, 06:08 PM   #8
mart4494

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know.

Geoff
I've never understood Geoff why folks don't respond back especially when they've sorted things out - be it themselves or help from others.

Who knows, may help someone in the future. Just my thoughts

regards - Mart