Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > CraftArtist

Notices

CraftArtist Questions about using CraftArtist for digital crafting

Old 25th May 2013, 01:29 AM   #21
Harmony

Harmony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP!!!! Professional Printing Questions

I create my own headers using text boxes or the artistic text. Then build on that with clip art, photos, etc. I will try to send an example for you. Formatting has been trial and error. Mostly error at first! LOL Little things have been biggest issues. The forum has been a HUGE help. It has been a big learning curve as I had previously used Printmaster! The newsletters I do don't follow a completely typical format. I could use some help figuring out how to do a fill of solid color in a text box. I tend to do them by accident not intent. Also, is there a way to create your own background other than using a text box to do it? I find the ones supplied in PP rather limited. Figuring out how to remove one was a joy!

Last edited by Harmony; 25th May 2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 25th May 2013, 01:35 AM   #22
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
I create my own headers using text boxes or the artistic text. Then build on that with clip art, photos, etc. I will try to send an example for you. Formatting has been trial and error. Mostly error at first! LOL Little things have been biggest issues. The forum has been a HUGE help. It has been a big learning curve as I had previously used Printmaster! The newsletters I do don't follow a completely typical format. I could use some help figuring out how to do a fill of solid color in a text box. I tend to do them by accident not intent. Also, is there a way to create your own background other than using a text box to do it? I find the ones supplied in PP rather limited. Figuring out how to remove one was a joy!
Use a QuickShape and set your fill.
Old 26th May 2013, 09:22 AM   #23
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekkmom View Post
Thanks, Meg! It was the file sizes.

Here's the attachments of sample CA work.
They are lovely. It's always useful to see examples of others' work, to give you ideas for fresh work of your own.

It's a pity they were too big to be uploaded as jpgs. I enjoy seeing the pictures in the "view" screen - faster than opening individual PDFs.
Old 26th May 2013, 02:42 PM   #24
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
It's a pity they were too big to be uploaded as jpgs. I enjoy seeing the pictures in the "view" screen - faster than opening individual PDFs.
I wouldn't expect a PDF with embedded JPEGs to be smaller than the original JPEGs themselves!

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)