Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PanoramaPlus

Notices

PanoramaPlus Questions about using PanoramaPlus for digital image stitching

Old 7th January 2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Alex63

Alex63 is on a distinguished road
Default Send to Photoplus

Hi,

PanoramaPlus has the possibility to send panorama to Photoplus for further editing options.

Recently I've upgraded from PhPX5 to PhPX6 but PanoramaPlus still "send" photos to the older version of PhP . How can I handle the matter?

Thanks in advance
Alessandro
Old 7th January 2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Send to Photoplus

Hi Alessandro,

I suspect this issue relates to the fact that you are using the 64-bit build of PhotoPlus and PanoramaPlus is 32-bit - there could be a communication problem there.

When you use the Send to PhotoPlus option, all that happens is that your exported panorama image is opened in PhotoPlus for you - so you can achieve the same result by exporting your panorama as an image (from the File menu or Share button), loading PhotoPlus, then opening the exported image.

We'll look into this issue if there are any future PanoramaPlus updates.
Old 7th January 2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Alex63

Alex63 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
Hi Alessandro,

I suspect this issue relates to the fact that you are using the 64-bit build of PhotoPlus and PanoramaPlus is 32-bit - there could be a communication problem there.

When you use the Send to PhotoPlus option, all that happens is that your exported panorama image is opened in PhotoPlus for you - so you can achieve the same result by exporting your panorama as an image (from the File menu or Share button), loading PhotoPlus, then opening the exported image.

We'll look into this issue if there are any future PanoramaPlus updates.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, PhP is the 64 bit build and it is not a real issue but I just noted such "bug".

Waiting PanoramaPlus X5 then

Alex
Old 7th January 2013, 07:11 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex63 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, PhP is the 64 bit build and it is not a real issue but I just noted such "bug".

Waiting PanoramaPlus X5 then

Alex
I think you might be waiting a long time, Alex! The most recent versions of Serif software products have all been X6, so if there is to be another version of PanoramaPlus it won't be X5. It might even be X7 or X8, depending on whether PagePlus X7 or X8 has already been released by then.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 8th January 2013, 05:01 PM   #5
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
I think you might be waiting a long time, Alex! The most recent versions of Serif software products have all been X6, so if there is to be another version of PanoramaPlus it won't be X5. It might even be X7 or X8, depending on whether PagePlus X7 or X8 has already been released by then.

Alfred
Do you think we can draw any conclusions from the fact that Panorama Plus X4 was included with both Photo Plus X4 and X5 but not the latest X6 ?

Probably not....
Old 8th January 2013, 08:53 PM   #6
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alspar View Post
Do you think we can draw any conclusions from the fact that Panorama Plus X4 was included with both Photo Plus X4 and X5 but not the latest X6 ?

Probably not....
We can draw any conclusions we like, but there's no guarantee that they'll be the right conclusions!

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)